Draft gurus: Mekhi Becton vs Jerry Hughes?

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I loved Becton as a prospect, and I think, in time, he’ll be a great LT.

That said, I’ve seen what Jerry Hughes speed, bend, and creativity does to rookie LTs, and I can assure you that Becton will have his hands full. Also remember that Addison comes off the right side too, so it’s not just Hughes he’ll be dealing with.

I expect a LOT of max protect to give the Jets receivers time to find space in Buffalo’s zone. The downside for them is that it take the Jets’ best matchup pieces—Bell and Herndon—out of pass routes in critical situations.

Of course I expect Buffalo to counter by mixing in a lot of Cover-1/Robber to keep pressure on their 7-man protection sets and take advantage of their superior secondary. If I’m the Jets, the matchup I’m most worried about is Edmunds—perhaps one of the best plus-1 rushers in the game—being singled up on Herndon. That’s a complete mismatch; there are quality OTs that struggle with Edmunds length/speed.

But can Hughes win a fistfight in a phone booth?

19 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont think Hughes has shown to be any kind of dominate player the last two years.   He is a good player, but he often runs straight up the field without bending the corner well.

Hughes had a bad wrist all last year, I learned recently.  I'm interested to see how he does this year.  

If he gets his hands on Hughes in the run game he can create lanes, on passing downs I expect stunts used against him.  He really didn’t see many passing downs in college.  Remember, all 5 of The jets starters are new, if there was a crowd there would be communication issues...thanks covid 

5 hours ago, Putin said:

I was just on the jets message board they really believe they can win the division 

It’s week one. Anything is still possible.

That said, i can’t wait to see the meltdown here if the bills should lose. LOVE nobody picking the Jets...

21 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I think he has Walter Jones/Orlando Pace potential... he really is that good.. If the Jets don’t beat the Bills I doubt it’ll be because of Becton..

I think he will have an up and down rookie year but I think he will be a good player if healthy and the coaching is decent. My only concern with him is can his frame hold up? Ferguson was the Jets tackle forever and was 1 inch shorter and 35 pounds lighter.

I am not sure if a man that size playing a violent sport knees can hold up

On 9/11/2020 at 3:00 PM, ocemur said:

The Jets have Le Veon  Bell at RB and somebody's dead grandmother at WR. I expect them to try to run to help shorten the game, to help their QB against safeties who disguise coverage as well as anyone and to help a reworked OL with a rookie LT.

The Bills need to get a lead and force the Jets to be one dimensional and use the DL depth early and send waves at them until their tongues are hanging out. Nobody is in game shape, so get after them and stay after them.

LOL NICE!

On 9/11/2020 at 3:00 PM, ocemur said:

The Jets have Le Veon  Bell at RB and somebody's dead grandmother at WR. I expect them to try to run to help shorten the game, to help their QB against safeties who disguise coverage as well as anyone and to help a reworked OL with a rookie LT.

The Bills need to get a lead and force the Jets to be one dimensional and use the DL depth early and send waves at them until their tongues are hanging out. Nobody is in game shape, so get after them and stay after them.

New York Jets: The Wide Receiver Graveyard | Nfl funny, Funny nfl, Nfl memes

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1