Bills have weapons to be elite offense

Looking at the Chiefs box score and the weapons they deploy, it's easy to see the comparison for the Bills. We have the weapons. This year is all about #17... With Mahomes, our offense would be every bit as good as KC's, don't you think?

T. Hill / S. Diggs
S. Watkins / J. Brown
T. Kelce / D. Knox
M. Hardman / C. Beasley
D. Robinson / G. Davis
C. Edwards-Helaire / D. Singletary
D. Williams / Z. Moss

Doesn't even include McKenzie.

Knox as we knew him last year is clearly not Kelce, but most people think he's a stud on the rise.

I see people on here, as well as analysts, talk about how we won't blow people out and we're not built that way. My question is what exactly would we have to change in order to be built that way? I feel like these comments are actually an indictment on Allen, and what people are really saying is they don't think the quarterback is good enough to lead an explosive offense.

I disagree. I think Allen is an asset and another weapon, not a liability. If he takes the next step forward, and given our top defense (better than KC's, by the way), the Bills should be right there with KC and Baltimore as AFC favorites.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Looking at the Chiefs box score and the weapons they deploy, it's easy to see the comparison for the Bills. We have the weapons. This year is all about #17... With Mahomes, our offense would be every bit as good as KC's, don't you think?

T. Hill / S. Diggs
S. Watkins / J. Brown
T. Kelce / D. Knox
M. Hardman / C. Beasley
D. Robinson / G. Davis
D. Williams / Z. Moss

Knox as we knew him last year is clearly not Kelce, but most people think he's a stud on the rise.

I see people on here, as well as analysts, talk about how we won't blow people out and we're not built that way. My question is what exactly would we have to change in order to be built that way? I feel like these comments are actually an indictment on Allen, and what people are really saying is they don't think the quarterback is good enough to lead an explosive offense.

I disagree. I think Allen is an asset and another weapon, not a liability. If he takes the next step forward, and given our top defense (better than KC's, by the way), the Bills should be right there with KC and Baltimore as AFC favorites.

We are not built that way has nothing to do with Allen EVERYTHING to do with coaching 

And I wouldn’t compare Knox to Kelce just yet 

one is IMO is leagues best TE and the other one still has a lot to prove ..

with that said I hope you’re right 

GO BILLS !!!

• Like (+1) 4

If we're being honest, here, I think we can all agree that Knox pretty much sucked last year.

I love the kid and I think he's going to be a great TE.  But comparing him to Kelce in any way with regard to being and NFL TE shouldn't even happen.

And as much as I am not a Sam fan, the Chiefs were able to push the right buttons to make him play as well as we all hoped he would in Buffalo.  I think most would take him over Brown in a heartbeat.

KC is better in every way, starting with coaching - and it's not close.

• Like (+1) 11

I agree to a certain degree. The guy’s KC has are just better talents though for the most part. An argument could be made that Diggs is more talented than Hill (not necessarily better but more talented). In general though Mahomes > Allen, Kelce > Knox, Watkins > Brown, Etc...

With that being said I do not think Allen is a liability like those on the outside seem to think. He’s an asset and a playmaker. This offense takes a BIG step this year and ends up a top 10 group IMO. KC is just in their own tier because of their speed. There is no reason to believe that the Bills offense can’t be Minnesota or Seattle though. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

If we're being honest, here, I think we can all agree that Knox pretty much sucked last year.

I love the kid and I think he's going to be a great TE.  But comparing him to Kelce in any way with regard to being and NFL TE shouldn't even happen.

And as much as I am not a Sam fan, the Chiefs were able to push the right buttons to make him play as well as we all hoped he would in Buffalo.  I think most would take him over Brown in a heartbeat.

That's a little harsh Gugny, he had his moments. Had a few mental lapses in concentration as most rookies do. McD is on track to be a very good HC as not many start their tenures with 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. Just as reference Bill Belicheck was 20/28 his first 3 years (No Playoffs) McD is 25/23 with 2 playoff appearances.

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

That's a little harsh Gugny, he had his moments. Had a few mental lapses in concentration as most rookies do. McD is on track to be a very good HC as not many start their tenures with 2 playoff appearances in 3 years. Just as reference Bill Belicheck was 20/28 his first 3 years (No Playoffs) McD is 25/23 with 2 playoff appearances.

50 targets, 28 receptions, 388 yards and 2 TDs.  Those are Knox's numbers from last year.  Anyone on the outside looking in would say those stats are putrid.

And when McDermott can beat New England and start winning playoff games, then I'll say he's a great coach.  

Right now, both Knox and McDermott have shown great potential, but it's time to show me the mother ***** baby.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Putin said:

We are not built that way has nothing to do with Allen EVERYTHING to do with coaching 

And I wouldn’t compare Knox to Kelce just yet 

one is IMO is leagues best TE and the other one still has a lot to prove ..

with that said I hope you’re right 

GO BILLS !!!

The leagues best TE is much further west.  At this point Knox isn't Kelce so I agree with you there.

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

The leagues best TE is much further west.  At this point Knox isn't Kelce so I agree with you there.

So you take kettle over Kelce ? 

Edited by Putin

48 minutes ago, Gugny said:

In spurts maybe.... the dude has averaged 650 yds per season over his career and hasn’t surpassed 670 in KC. 

but agree it’s sorta silly to compare all our guys to theirs. They have the clear advantage 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

T. Hill / S. Diggs
S. Watkins / J. Brown
T. Kelce / D. Knox
M. Hardman / C. Beasley
D. Robinson / G. Davis
D. Williams / Z. Moss

I like this thinking.  It may be that having an offensive minded head coach vs. a defensive minded head coach bakes certain situational biases into the cake but capable, even stellar offensive play will eventually change McD's mindset.

Josh 2019 vs. 5 years of Cam.JPG

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

50 targets, 28 receptions, 388 yards and 2 TDs.  Those are Knox's numbers from last year.  Anyone on the outside looking in would say those stats are putrid.

And when McDermott can beat New England and start winning playoff games, then I'll say he's a great coach.  

Right now, both Knox and McDermott have shown great potential, but it's time to show me the mother ***** baby.

Well, good morning Mr. Grumpy Pants!!!

We act as though something is owed to us.  It’s not.  Belittling McD for not winning a road playoff game or beating NE*** teams that went to the Super Bowl is a little short-sighted.  He has built an incredible culture and they have a talented roster.  No, they shouldn’t be compared (offensively) with the Chiefs at this point but they DO have the pieces on offense to be very good.

Knox was a raw prospect and admitted it wasn’t until late in the year that things started to slow down for him.  We’re all waiting to see what he does next.  Josh certainly talked him up this summer.

To me, the guy on the hot seat this year for the Bills isn’t McD, it’s Daboll.  He has put his offense in place and this is year 3.  He finally has the multiple weapons he craves to show different looks and attack different opponents’ weaknesses.  Daboll and Josh need to be on the same page.

I’m the contrarian here — I’m not worried about Josh at all.  He’s going to open a lot of eyes when he starts distributing the ball to all of these guys and has a completion % in the mid-60s.  I’m expecting a top-10 offense in yards and points this season, with a ceiling that is even higher.  They’re not the Chiefs but they don’t have to be.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Knox had WAY too many drops to be considered a decent TE.  Sure he has nice ability/potential, but there's no way to know yet if he can stop dropping the ball.  "It's mental" - sure, but that doesn't make it easy to fix.

I'm not sure there's any position on the offense where I'd take the Bill over the Chief, and as stated above, our OL is mediocre - too many people are fooled into thinking they were are a good line in 2019 b/c they weren't 2018's complete dumpster fire.

OTOH the Bills defense is better than the Chiefs by enough that the offense doesn't need to be "top 10" like I see so many using as a benchmark - middle of the pack (aka 16th) offense would be enough to make this team 12-win material.

Edited by BobChalmers

Our weapons may not be up to snuff with the Chiefs.. nor is Allen anywhere near as good as Mahomes to be honest... and this is coming from a mega Josh Allen fan.. Lord knows how many Super Bowls Mahomes may win with Andy Reid.. guy is so good it’s unbelievable.. I do think Allen will win us one but Mahomes and the Chiefs will likely be the next NFL dynasty.. I’d be surprised if Allen doesn’t win us one but comparing us to the Chiefs? C’mon man...

I think the Bills come up a little short pretty much all the way around in that comparison. 

Maybe the wideouts are a push, but even there, I think there's some quickness and speed in KC that Buffalo doesn't quite match. 

Tight end isn't a discussion. 

Bills running backs have shown promise, but they don't have the game-breaking speed and quickness that Edwards-Helaire showed last night.  

Allen may prove to be the better QB over 15 years, but if you're picking a QB for 2020, it's Mahomes.  

Offensive lines, I don't know, but KC looked awfully good. 

Offensive coaching - Reid.  Their overall team quickness and creativity if way ahead of where the Bills are right now.  

KC was really well prepared, and they have weapons.