Chiefs fans boo Texans/Chiefs locking of arms display

Penfield45

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha. I hate racists. I hate people who defend racists or tell oppressed people who they should feel and protest.

and I’ve spread a lot more love than you. 😉

You are definitely spreading the love this morning. Have you ever questioned your own perceptions, or are you bound ideologically to how you are processing propaganda?

Just now, Dragoon said:

Good. I don’t need millionaire athletes making political statements. I need them to play ball and that’s it. The NFL says they got a right to be heard and on that I agree. I hear them. Now it’s my turn to be heard — other than the Sunday Ticket, I will not allow a dime of mine to go to sportsing. No hats, jerseys, or tickets. Athletes need to be athletes. “Republicans buy sneakers too.”

Yet here you are.  You realize how targeted ads work, don’t you?

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Honest question - What do you think will happen if they arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor?

They won’t be convicted of anything.  We need to get rid of no-knock warrants - that’s what I take from that horrible, sad situation. 

But when cops make a mistake and bust into the wrong place, then get shot at, they’re going to fire back in self defense.   No jury is convicting them based on that.  

I thought it was accepted that shooting back after being shot at was a form of white supremacy, racist intent, and police brutality... pretty sure that’s in the constitution so it can’t be debated. Clearly. 

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Whatever the case the money the NFL will be loosing because of this will be astronomical. The owner of the bowling alley wouldn't turn the game on until all the political BS was over and we missed the first 2 min of the game. 20 TV's 28 teams and only like 3 teams were watching the football game. All those commerces before the anthem will be worthless if people don't turn their tv's on until 2 min into the 1 qtr. 

Man, what a bunch of snowflakes.  Can't take watching 60 seconds of players locking arms in unity?  I'm sorry the feelings of all those bowlers were hurt so badly that they had to miss part of the game.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Putin said:

I know you hate the POTUS but at least he’s trying to bring our kids back home , and IMHO that is more patriotic then the previous ones who send our kids to die in the desert and for what ??  

Hopefully none of them get captured or else he will make fun of them.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

How much do you think they will be worth in 2024?

considering tv ad revenue keeps sky rocking a whole lot more. 

the "shut up and dribble" crowd isn't going to stop the NFL from making money, no matter how powerful they think they are. 

1 hour ago, dwight in philly said:

JMHO.. aspects of the behavior of the players before the game could be deemed "political" and if people are p-d off about it , it is there right to be.. 

You think the two teams locking arms is "political?" I don't get this at all. At least with the kneeling thing I can sort of understand why certain people are offended. I can't even begin to understand how the teams locking arms is controversial.

25 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There is no difference between “all cops are racist” and “all protesters are marxists” or whatever.  It’s the same exact kind of destructive (and false) groupthink that’s tearing the country to shreds.

No what is tearing this country to shreds is everyone thinks you have to have the same opinion as everyone else. It okay to have two separate viewpoints... PEOPLE don't get that anymore. Instead if just accepting it they try to force it on someone or they start the petty name calling or taking shots at someone, it's like High school 101.

Edited by gordong

5 minutes ago, Dragoon said:

Good. I don’t need millionaire athletes making political statements. 

Do you need billionaire reality TV stars making political statements? 

If you have power, you can get on TV and make your point.  It's a free-market system. It's always been that way.  And you've always been okay with it.  You weren't complaining about the hour of advertising we're bombard with during every game. 

All that's happened is that the players have discovered they have power and they've begun exercising it.  It's the same system operating in the same way.  You just don't like this week's message.  

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

You are definitely spreading the love this morning. Have you ever questioned your own perceptions, or are you bound ideologically to how you are processing propaganda?

I spread love last night. 😉

My own ideology of not liking racist people? Nope never question.  I remember being in high school and being too timid to speak up when friends of friends who loved the Bills loved using the n word every 5 minutes while watching the game. That’s who some of those fans booing are.  And to try and defend them is what Trump does.  He might not be the KKK Leader but he isn’t exactly telling the KKK leader not to knock it off.

i hate our 2 party system.  It is an absolute joke.  It’s one side Pretending  like their side is right when they are both hypocritical and completely flawed.  I can understand the violence in Chicago needs to be called out and changed. I can also call out a police officer for needing to be above a gang banger from Chicago in how they handle themselves, even if they are dealing with a criminal. They aren’t judge and jury.

the worst part of all this most Americans are mainly in the middle and good people.  But people who boo unity are the problem.  That’s the Trump effect.  Dick Jauron is a better leader than him. And then we have a 78 year old man who might be losing his mind.

so between a presidency decided between 2 70+ year old men; booing unity; school shootings; rioting and looting; maybe we aren’t the greatest country in the world.  But ☮️ and ❤️. America can be so much better and yesterday was Embarrassing.

8 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

Now you are projecting. Why do you view the players as minstrels?

It’s the whole shut up and dribble and protest when I want to protest mentality.  But yet any moron can get a Twitter and say whatever they want.  But because a black guy was good enough to escape his surroundings and make good money, they can’t voice their opinions?