Chiefs fans boo Texans/Chiefs locking of arms display

Penfield45

4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I do see it that way yes.  I also think you’re seeing a reaction to some folks feeling like the white supremacists are being sanctioned and encouraged by a certain segment of the GOP.  But I also think “positive feelings of whiteness” is a loaded term and I suggest we don’t go there...

I’ll put it this way, I’m proud of myself and what I be accomplished and I happen to be white. That is white supremacy these days. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Eloquently stated, however, I wouldn’t call myself offended by much if anything. You also state that our history tells us it’s a struggle and I agree it has been in the past. Have we not gotten better and better as the years have passed? It’s as if people think that history means it has to presently be the same? It is my learned opinion that there is no systemic racism remaining, rather sparse individual racism that needs to be rooted out. We’ve come very far to get to this point but now the radicals want to burn it to the ground, all the progress we worked for. All with mostly illegitimate gripes based on feelings rather than actual facts and statistics that don’t back up their grievances. 

So can a country ever not be racist? Or is it that the term has become so amorphous we wouldn’t even know what a non-racist country is would look like? Everything is racist these days, and that’s by design, license to burn it all to the ground. 

I will engage here.  Sure there has been progress.  That is mostly the story of our country.  But, the story is not finished and there should be widespread awareness about all the forces at play.  The arc of history may bend toward justice but there are forces that are counter opposed trying to influence our culture one way or another.   

What to do about racists with badges?  Certainly police culture does not actively root them out.  They deal with the worst among us, often having the worst day of their lives while often bearing arms.  They are systematically disrespected by many, overly stressed, with their fingers are on the trigger.   When they do a traffic stop or answer a domestic disturbance call their minds are full of crap that can go wrong.  Thus, they are culturally reluctant to hold their peers accountable and becoming jaded towards the communities they police is a fairly normal, human outcome.  Judge not lest you be judged is the mantra.  Bad outcomes or policing mistakes are best covered up lest the crap hits the fan.  I think it's much the same with military in active combat zones.  Rooting out the bad apples is not a priority. 

But, imo, the newest and biggest force working to do so is cameras of the cell phone and body worn type.  How long have they been in wide existence?  None of this happens without the videos which bear witness to the events.  These often exonerate the actions of the police which is a good thing too.  So this is a powerful cultural force recently  injected into the equation but I sense police do not like being recorded doing their jobs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

If the NFL and its players actually cared about black lives they would have started this years ago to protest black people killing one another.  They would have done more to lift black lives besides their own out of poverty.   A black man is 90% more likely to be killed by his own race than he is a cop but no one says anything about that.  Over 65% of black homes are fatherless, anyone want to talk about that? People boo because they are sick of thr 24/7 pandering to a cause that cant see beyond their own nose.  Wanna create real change?  Start it in your own community.  Stop protesting your consequences and start giving your kids a chance.

If you took a minute to inform yourself instead of posting something like this, you’d discover that Black athletes have been trying to help their communities and bring awareness to social justice issues for decades.  Honestly your entire post is just a tired troll-like talking point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

If you’re making that claim, it’s on you to prove it. In order to believe this, you’re going to have to completely disregard research over decades and decades that state positive reinforcement and incentives create predictable and repeated behavior. So if we give positive reinforcement to say that if you label a person as dying from COVID then you will give them extra money, in the middle of an economic shut down no less, don’t you think they are going to be incentivized to call as much as possible as COVID deaths? Extrapolate logically here, no political bent needed.

i can’t speak to your anecdotal information, I will say this. There are around 200k confirmed deaths (debatable but I digress) in the country as a whole. In a country of around 350 million, does that sound like a number that overwhelms? Again, extrapolate logically, don’t listen to political pundits. 

If it was so bad, why was it that ventilators were not needed nearly as badly as Cuomo was crying for? They had to redirect the vents. Do you remember that political football? It’s all political! 

That is your own opinion. You disagree with their viewpoint and you assign the fact that they are racist. I live in A rural NC town  at this juncture while building a house outside of Asheville because Asheville has lost its mind. They’ve approved reparations, Green new deal, defunding the police and I won’t be around to see the city fall apart like Portland or to have to pay the over inflated taxes. I’ll live amongst those so-called racists as you call them, in the rural areas over that type of craziness.

That’s quite a biased agenda you have, there. Your myopia is showing.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

There is no difference between “all cops are racist” and “all protesters are marxists” or whatever.  It’s the same exact kind of destructive (and false) groupthink that’s tearing the country to shreds.

That is hyperbole. The country is not being torn to shreds. We have an old global financial model on its death bed. We are transitioning to a new global model.

3 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If the NFL and its players actually cared about black lives they would have started this years ago to protest black people killing one another.  They would have done more to lift black lives besides their own out of poverty.   A black man is 90% more likely to be killed by his own race than he is a cop but no one says anything about that.  Over 65% of black homes are fatherless, anyone want to talk about that? People boo because they are sick of thr 24/7 pandering to a cause that cant see beyond their own nose.  Wanna create real change?  Start it in your own community.  Stop protesting your consequences and start giving your kids a chance.

Sorry but there’s no place for facts on this board 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hey minority.  Please protest some where I can’t see it and don’t have to worry about your issues. 

signed, 

Whitey McSportsfan

PS can’t wait to see Kid Rock on Laura Horseface tonight talk politics!

Dude, you have some pent up hate.

2 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

It’s so strange that people take celebrities words for things seemingly just because of their celebrity status. Why does that make them more qualified to talk on issues? I’m sure there are intelligent well-learned individuals within the ranks and maybe they are worth hearing out, but by in large, it seems that celebrities have a superficial understanding of things. Perfect example is Cardi B. See Cardi B’s interview with Biden. Painful and obvious pandering of the highest order. 

Now do Ted Nugent, Herschel walker, Dana White

Over 7 Pages, and not one poster has added the scoreboard quotes that goes along with the Moment of Unit? Could it be possible some were booing one of these statements?

We Support Equality;

We Must End Racism;

We Believe in Justice for All;

We Must End Police Brutality; We Choose Unconditional Love;

We Believe Black Lives Matter;

It Takes All of Us

Link to article I took this from, first one on Google (https://www.towleroad.com/2020/09/boo-moment-of-unity/#:~:text=While players locked arms%2C the,It Takes All of Us.”)

Just now, whatdrought said:

Why is he misinformed? What points do you disagree with? He even numbered his assertions making it very easy to respond to. To which point do you disagree? 

"These folks are privileged to play a game for incredible money...they should recognize and appreciate that"

what the hell does this even mean? so just because they make a lot of money doesn't mean they can speak up on social issues? this seems like you are part of the "shut up and dribble" crowd. If so, please don't support our team or our players. 

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

I’ll put it this way, I’m proud of myself and what I be accomplished and I happen to be white. That is white supremacy these days. 

I have never heard someone being called a white supremacist because they are proud of themselves and happen to be white - I have no idea what you’re talking about.  But “pride in whiteness” suggests something more than that - the Proud Boys are no better than BLM and they’re one of the more benign pseudo-fascist groups out there...

9 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hey minority.  Please protest some where I can’t see it and don’t have to worry about your issues. 

signed, 

Whitey McSportsfan

PS can’t wait to see Kid Rock on Laura Horseface tonight talk politics!

Go wash some feet!

• Haha (+1) 2

Whatever the case the money the NFL will be loosing because of this will be astronomical. The owner of the bowling alley wouldn't turn the game on until all the political BS was over and we missed the first 2 min of the game. 20 TV's 28 teams and only like 3 teams were watching the football game. All those commerces before the anthem will be worthless if people don't turn their tv's on until 2 min into the 1 qtr. 

6 hours ago, purple haze said:

True.  But Donald Trump is still the president for now and very popular among a certain set.  And the cops

who killed Breonna Taylor, in her bed, are still walking around free, and paid tribute to by many simply

for being officers of the "law."

Honest question - What do you think will happen if they arrest the cops who killed Breonna Taylor?

They won’t be convicted of anything.  We need to get rid of no-knock warrants - that’s what I take from that horrible, sad situation. 

But when cops make a mistake and bust into the wrong place, then get shot at, they’re going to fire back in self defense.   No jury is convicting them based on that.  

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

"These folks are privileged to play a game for incredible money...they should recognize and appreciate that"

what the hell does this even mean? so just because they make a lot of money doesn't mean they can speak up on social issues? this seems like you are part of the "shut up and dribble" crowd. If so, please don't support our team or our players. 

I don’t know what he meant by that.  Maybe you should have asked him instead of disregarding and insulting his post and calling him uninformed. 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

Good. I don’t need millionaire athletes making political statements. I need them to play ball and that’s it. The NFL says they got a right to be heard and on that I agree. I hear them. Now it’s my turn to be heard — other than the Sunday Ticket, I will not allow a dime of mine to go to sportsing. No hats, jerseys, or tickets. Athletes need to be athletes. “Republicans buy sneakers too.”

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Whatever the case the money the NFL will be loosing because of this will be astronomical. The owner of the bowling alley wouldn't turn the game on until all the political BS was over and we missed the first 2 min of the game. 20 TV's 28 teams and only like 3 teams were watching the football game. All those commerces before the anthem will be worthless if people don't turn their tv's on until 2 min into the 1 qtr. 

LOL the NFL is worth 12billion 

because some hillbilly bowling ally owners don't wanna broadcast their game doesn't mean they will be losing "astronomical money" get a grip bud