Chiefs fans boo Texans/Chiefs locking of arms display

Penfield45

24 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

BLM movement provides no solutions except defunding the police and majority of Americans do not want that.

Your surprised that Americans are no longer supporting a Marxist movement trying to destroy the country through racial division, rioting, arson, and looting.

Don't be surprised about that

Exactly.. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

That just isn’t true and I would urge you take your blinders off.  The loons are firmly entrenched on both sides of this issue.  

On this issue specifically, yes. On other issues, there are looneys on the right too. One such issue would be REAL white supremacy, not the stuff that’s been conflated with any type of positive feelings of whiteness. Perhaps you see this as two sides of the social justice coin and that’s what you mean? 

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

I believe that's what the booing is about.  Sports are an escape from all that stuff.  People who really believe in a cause sacrifice for that cause.  You can't say you are fighting poverty and Drive a Ferrari.  At least I hope that is why people are upset with this.

What? So if you don’t have cancer, you can’t be against cancer?  This is insane.  You know players have families and not every family member drives a Ferrari right?

Just now, finn said:

I agree that it's hard to hear the same people who piously condemn these protests as as unpatriotic turn around and cheer a president who sneers at the military as losers and suckers. There's a saying, "No one belongs to a cult." Trump supporters, at least those who display this degree of cognitive dissonance, don't realize they belong to a cult and are behaving like cult members. All criticism of Our Dear Leader is invalid. He is noble, strong and brave. He fights for us. He loves us. He is the Messiah.

It's like fricking North Korea or China under Mao. And it's happening here!

I would go further than that and say that the problem - ironically - is that people on both sides treat politics like sports!  It amazes me that people on both sides view it as pure coincidence (or worse, proof of divine righteousness) that they always land on the same side of every issue.  Stop treating your “side” like a team you’re rooting for and actually think through the nuance and try to understand where the other side is coming from and maybe we’ll get somewhere.  

4 minutes ago, finn said:

I agree that it's hard to hear the same people who piously condemn these protests as as unpatriotic turn around and cheer a president who sneers at the military as losers and suckers. There's a saying, "No one belongs to a cult." Trump supporters, at least those who display this degree of cognitive dissonance, don't realize they belong to a cult and are behaving like cult members. All criticism of Our Dear Leader is invalid. He is noble, strong and brave. He fights for us. He loves us. He is the Messiah.

They quite literally and unironically use the term/hashtag "Cult45"

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

The bums over at espn would rather discuss the “booing” instead of the game 🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️

Because idiots booed during a moment of unity.  It’s an awful look and it’s wild that some here are trying to defend them.  

they are trash.  Probably the best thing that happened to some of those fans is they happened to pop out and be born in some trash part of Missouri so they can be Americans.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, finn said:

This is some pretty irrational stuff. People are now seeing cults everywhere. Too much CO2 being re-breathed perhaps.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

On this issue specifically, yes. On other issues, there are looneys on the right too. One such issue would be REAL white supremacy, not the stuff that’s been conflated with any type of positive feelings of whiteness. Perhaps you see this as two sides of the social justice coin and that’s what you mean? 

I do see it that way yes.  I also think you’re seeing a reaction to some folks feeling like the white supremacists are being sanctioned and encouraged by a certain segment of the GOP.  But I also think “positive feelings of whiteness” is a loaded term and I suggest we don’t go there...

• Haha (+1) 1

I am glad to see the players take a stand against racial injustice.  They have a platform with tremendous exposure to the entire nation. I also believe that it would deeply trouble many of them to stay silent under these extraordinary circumstances; and its hard to fault someone acting on their conscience and peacefully standing against injustice.  Seeing as there was no desecration of patriotic symbols last night, I'm curious why some folks remain bent out of shape by the display of unity before the start of the game. Clearly it isn't about the respecting the flag.  Perhaps their continued discontent with the players is a prime example of why the players are justified taking a public stand; people aren't otherwise listening and racism is alive and well in this country. 

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

A few thoughts on a few topics here

1. I hate politics in sports. These folks are privileged to play a game for incredible money...they should recognize and appreciate that, but many do not. This is why I've lost some interest 

2. I have no issue with the locking of arms, but kneeling for anyone...especially during the anthem does offend me.

3. Memorializing George Floyd is pretty gross with him being the scumbag he was. What happened was wrong, but he is not someone who should have praise heaped upon him. Condemn the police tactics, but leave the worship of that disgusting person out of it.

4. I keep hearing racial inequality and change/justice. What exactly is this? What do people believe should happen, cause to me it seems like empty demands. You want all the cops to be found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty? Do we not honor and trust the legal system to sort it out? Seriously...what do those crying and causing chaos for change and justice want? If we go by what BLM says they want, then it's pretty much the destruction of the nuclear family and a country where blacks police themselves. This doesn't seem like a good idea to me, but I'll let others chime in if they'd like.

5. Today is the memorial of one of the most awful days in our history, and I refuse to bicker with others on this day, so we can do that another time if you take issue with anything I said. 

Go Bills!

this might be one of the dumbest posts ive seen on here

you are so misinformed 

Just now, Reality Check said:

This is some pretty irrational stuff. People are now seeing cults everywhere. Too much CO2 being re-breathed perhaps.

There is no difference between “all cops are racist” and “all protesters are marxists” or whatever.  It’s the same exact kind of destructive (and false) groupthink that’s tearing the country to shreds.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sargent Hulka said:

Paying customers should not be subjected the the social justice stuff. There's plenty of social media platforms for that. End of story!

Hey minority.  Please protest some where I can’t see it and don’t have to worry about your issues. 

signed, 

Whitey McSportsfan

PS can’t wait to see Kid Rock on Laura Horseface tonight talk politics!

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because idiots booed during a moment of unity.  It’s an awful look and it’s wild that some here are trying to defend them.  

they are trash.  Probably the best thing that happened to some of those fans is they happened to pop out and be born in some trash part of Missouri so they can be Americans.  

I’m curious- do you personally know some of the people who were at the game last night that boo’d? 

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Who exactly are you angry at?

• Like (+1) 1

If the NFL and its players actually cared about black lives they would have started this years ago to protest black people killing one another.  They would have done more to lift black lives besides their own out of poverty.   A black man is 90% more likely to be killed by his own race than he is a cop but no one says anything about that.  Over 65% of black homes are fatherless, anyone want to talk about that? People boo because they are sick of thr 24/7 pandering to a cause that cant see beyond their own nose.  Wanna create real change?  Start it in your own community.  Stop protesting your consequences and start giving your kids a chance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I do see it that way yes.  I also think you’re seeing a reaction to some folks feeling like the white supremacists are being sanctioned and encouraged by a certain segment of the GOP.  But I also think “positive feelings of whiteness” is a loaded term and I suggest we don’t go there...

By that I mean just being proud of who I am. I am as a person. That’s it

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, gordong said:

I just have an issue of adding politics to a sporting event...  When I watch sports it's to escape all the other crap going on,  I just don't feel its the time or place..  Play the damn game collect your check and if you want to be a person for change afterwords on your own time great more power to you.   Simple fact of the matter is I will just tune out the beginning of games, and if it keeps up the NFL will loose me as a fan. I'm trying to watch a sporting event I'm not asking for your political views.  

I don’t want my neighbors political views but they are out there in the forms of bumper stickers, flags, and signs.

i really think some of those fans would be the same ones booing Jackie Robinson. 

• Like (+1) 1