Chiefs fans boo Texans/Chiefs locking of arms display

Penfield45

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because they are racist and it’s the exact reason the players started kneeing in the first place.  

it was never about the anthem.  There are a certain group who are threaten by equality.  

it’s absolutely embarrassing for this country that equality is a “political” issue for some.  

This isn't about equality.  If it were there'd be much less opposition.

31 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

What or who made it Political? 

Who claimed Kap was insulting the Flag and America?

I have a suggestion.  Please take this to the PPP in a new thread to discuss. I'll be glad to reply in the proper forum. 

Well Kap wearing a Che' shirt and Cops as Pigs socks while saying America sucks may have been a tad political, but who can say?  :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, hemma said:

Stop playing the National Anthem before sporting events.

I'd be very surprised if either attendance, the quality of play or level of sportsmanship suffered.

Yeah - stop the one thing that should be strictly unifying.  The folks who fund the riots will be genuinely happy with that choice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

A few thoughts on a few topics here

1. I hate politics in sports. These folks are privileged to play a game for incredible money...they should recognize and appreciate that, but many do not. This is why I've lost some interest 

2. I have no issue with the locking of arms, but kneeling for anyone...especially during the anthem does offend me.

3. Memorializing George Floyd is pretty gross with him being the scumbag he was. What happened was wrong, but he is not someone who should have praise heaped upon him. Condemn the police tactics, but leave the worship of that disgusting person out of it.

4. I keep hearing racial inequality and change/justice. What exactly is this? What do people believe should happen, cause to me it seems like empty demands. You want all the cops to be found guilty and sentenced to the maximum penalty? Do we not honor and trust the legal system to sort it out? Seriously...what do those crying and causing chaos for change and justice want? If we go by what BLM says they want, then it's pretty much the destruction of the nuclear family and a country where blacks police themselves. This doesn't seem like a good idea to me, but I'll let others chime in if they'd like.

5. Today is the memorial of one of the most awful days in our history, and I refuse to bicker with others on this day, so we can do that another time if you take issue with anything I said. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

So you know all of their minds? Could it be they see right through the virtue signaling?  Could it be that they simply do not want politics in their sports as it’s supposed to be a relief?  Could it be they see the BLM movement for what it is? 

OMG the Sean Hannity-level windbaggery that I am waking up to here.

The most amazing thing about your posts is that you seek to defend “the booers” and complain they are being painted with a broad brush, urging everyone to consider that there is nuance and diversity to their thought process - all the while painting the entire other side of the debate with one broad, sweeping brush, suggesting that anyone standing for unity or wearing a George Floyd tee shirt is part of the radical left and must be supporting looting and burning.  

Nuance exists.  It exists everywhere.  I actually agree with you that racism is a cop-out, cheap and unhelpful explanation.  But egads- you’re such a a partisan hack you don’t see that both sides of the debate use the exact same tactics, engage in character assassination, reduce their arguments to simple extremes, etc.  I get that you really believe that only The Left does these things, or does them with greater frequency.  You’re dead dumb wrong.

• Like (+1) 1

Doesn't bother me one bit.  If some of the players feel compelled to make their stand, all power to them.  Won't affect one iota how I view the game.  On the other hand, if some fans want to show their disapproval by booing or boycotting, then all power to them, that is their right as well.   

This doesn't make the players who are showing their form of protest as some sort of radical group and it doesn't make the fans who want to boo or boycott racists.   Each action has a consequence and I'm sure the players have thought this through and are willing to take a stand in for what they believe.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

But the reality in this country is poor people aren't treated very well.   Our social and economic system is a meritocracy.  Merit being measured by how much money or wealth you have.  The cops aren't going to step on the necks of affluent, wealthy, or celebrity blacks any more than the would step on the necks of affluent, wealthy, celebrity whites.  They don't have any problem roughing up poor blacks or for that matter poor people of any race or background.  That's not to say there are no issues or problems with bias and racism.  I suggest the problems are more low income and poor education than they are race.  I see this "different" treatment of better off people every day.  In my neighborhood their are Whites, Blacks, Asian, Hispanics, people of all races. But they are well-educated, professional, well-compensated people.  The cops aren't hassling any of them.  They wouldn't even think of it.  In fact, its a rare event to even see a police patrol in the area.   

What these social movements are missing here is this isn't strictly about race its about class.   And the abuse and neglect of the poor.  Part of the problem is their own fault.  Lack of education and other bad personal and family practices.  Part of the problem is the rest of us.   We can all do something to help.  The solution should be focused on helping them improve their potential by becoming educated, and acquiring skills & training that can provide better incomes and lives.  Solutions that provide hand outs like reparations are temporary.  Once the money is gone now what?     

+100

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I love that a  draft dodger who’s coward family never served a day in the military is the conscience of what is patriotic to some. 

I know you hate the POTUS but at least he’s trying to bring our kids back home , and IMHO that is more patriotic then the previous ones who send our kids to die in the desert and for what ??  

Edited by Putin
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

Doesn't bother me one bit.  If some of the players feel compelled to make their stand, all power to them.  Won't affect one iota how I view the game.  On the other hand, if some fans want to show their disapproval by booing or boycotting, then all power to them, that is their right as well.   

This doesn't make the players who are showing their form of protest as some sort of radical group and it doesn't make the fans who want to boo or boycott racists.   Each action has a consequence and I'm sure the players have thought this through and are willing to take a stand in for what they believe.

My thoughts exactly... very well said

Edited by RiotAct

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

OMG the Sean Hannity-level windbaggery that I am waking up to here.

The most amazing thing about your posts is that you seek to defend “the booers” and complain they are being painted with a broad brush, urging everyone to consider that there is nuance and diversity to their thought process - all the while painting the entire other side of the debate with one broad, sweeping brush, suggesting that anyone standing for unity or wearing a George Floyd tee shirt is part of the radical left and must be supporting looting and burning.  

Nuance exists.  It exists everywhere.  I actually agree with you that racism is a cop-out, cheap and unhelpful explanation.  But egads- you’re such a a partisan hack you don’t see that both sides of the debate use the exact same tactics, engage in character assassination, reduce their arguments to simple extremes, etc.  I get that you really believe that only The Left does these things, or does them with greater frequency.  You’re dead dumb wrong.

I’m actually not a partisan hack and I can’t stand Hannity. I also don’t think everyone of the left supports BLM. I know many moderates liberals who would not support this craziness. They are likely to be labeled conservatives because that’s how far the Overton window has been pushed. On this social justice issue, it happens to be on the left

where the looneys reside, there are people who want to do good and have goodness in their heart when they glom onto the movement. That’s why they can’t understand why people would boo it because their view is only skin deep, they don’t see what is actually occurring under the skin and what it actually stands for. I have researched this outside of Mainstream news, and if i align with those pundits, it’s purely coincidental and I would agree with them. I’m sure I wouldn’t agree on everything the espouse.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BobChalmers said:

Yeah - stop the one thing that should be strictly unifying.  The folks who fund the riots will be genuinely happy with that choice.

I'd say it is currently getting a pretty poor 'unification' grade.  Just the opposite.

Anyway, why would they be happy?  You removed one of their most used and very public tools.

Football has used the Anthem as a tool to get the crowd frenzied just before kickoff. 

Do something else.  Maybe slaughter a goat.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Penfield45 said:

what? you can't tell people to leave the country because they don't agree with the national anthem 

but thanks for letting everyone on here know you are a fascist. 

Just leave already.      You’re eating caviar in the penthouse while crying about it nonstop 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 2

I agree that it's hard to hear the same people who piously condemn these protests as as unpatriotic turn around and cheer a president who sneers at the military as losers and suckers. There's a saying, "No one belongs to a cult." Trump supporters, at least those who display this degree of cognitive dissonance, don't realize they belong to a cult and are behaving like cult members. All criticism of Our Dear Leader is invalid. He is noble, strong and brave. He fights for us. He loves us. He is the Messiah.

It's like fricking North Korea or China under Mao. And it's happening here!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

I’m actually not a partisan hack and I can’t stand Hannity. I also don’t think everyone of the left supports BLM. I know many moderates liberals who would not support this craziness. They are likely to be labeled conservatives because that’s how far the Overton window has been pushed. On this social justice issue, it happens to be on the left

where the looneys reside, there are people who want to do good and have goodness in their heart when they glom onto the movement. That’s why they can’t understand why people would boo it because their view is only skin deep, they don’t see what is actually occurring under the skin and what it actually stands for. I have researched this outside of Mainstream news, and if i align with those pundits, it’s purely coincidental and I would agree with them. I’m sure I wouldn’t agree on everything the espouse.

I appreciate this comment.  I suspect we could sit down over a beer and agree on several things.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

what? you can't tell people to leave the country because they don't agree with the national anthem 

but thanks for letting everyone on here know you are a fascist. 

You should leave as well !!!

USA🇺🇸USA 🇺🇸 USA 🇺🇸 !!!

• Haha (+1) 1