Chiefs fans boo Texans/Chiefs locking of arms display

Penfield45

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If you came away from last night with the view that politics were being forced down your throat, you are incredibly sensitive - dare I say a snowflake? - and against even mild forms of self-expression that contain messages you disagree with.  In short you are a fascist.

Let’s recap this “overwhelmingly political” display: 

- one player knelt during the anthem

- the anthem singers wore tee shirts displaying George Floyd and Breona Taylor

- the Texans stayed in the locker room for the anthem so as not to offend anyone by kneeling publicly (which IIRC many of the anti-kneeling mob had advocated for as a less-offensive alternative)

- the players locked arms on the field as a brief display of unity against inequality 

- several players wore symbols and names on their uniforms

- there was nothing said that was anti-military, anti-veteran, anti-first responders, or anti-U.S.

- a bunch of southerners booed the players for locking arms

- all of the “politics” lasted a few minutes and then the players went about doing their jobs and entertaining all of us 

I’ll repeat: if you find the above to be overly political, the problem is 100% with YOU.  It was just about the mildest, most thoughtful, dare I say, most AMERICAN display of free and individual expression I can fathom.  It made me proud to be American, honestly, and if you have a problem with last night’s display (not talking about the protests generally, just specifically last night), YOU are the one who hates this country and probably doesn’t belong here.

This is without question the funniest thing I have read in a while. Really great stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Nice deflection on the BLM thing.  I’m sorry you cannot accept facts about science and medicine.  The deaths of almost 200k Americans and millions of people around the world defines a pandemic.  You apparently are hanging onto the myth of the 6k deaths with only Covid on the death certificate whereas anyone with a smattering of medical knowledge understands it exacerbates underlying conditions.  

As for the events if last night, the players are protesting and asking for changes in our country that have been needed since the Constitution was first enacted.  I am mature enough to be able to recognize their protest, agree with parts and disagree with parts (such as looting and violence associated with both right and left fringe groups), and not think that a few minutes of protests aimed at opening people’s eyes has to detract from my enjoyment of the game itself.

Are you insinuating that I’m not mature? The tool of the left, character assassination!  

As for COVID discussion, it’s not deflection so much as there is a time and place. Let’s find that place and talk about it. I’m sure there is a thread dedicated to it, just let me know when and where and we can have a discussion about this obviously non-political topic...

Let me start this way, do you take their premise of black people are killed due to racism as fact? What evidence do you have to support other than a video here and there that does not actually give intent other than what you are assigning to it? What statistics and studies have been able to get into the mind of each of these “unjust” deaths to understand their malicious intent other than the meaning the mob gives it? It’s a white cop killing a person of minority, it has to be 100% racism regardless of anything other factors before or after the video starts? Just want to understand what you think you’re standing for. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Some are very offended by players kneeling as a protest against systemic racial inequality in matters of policing and criminal justice.  Some are very offended by police kneeling on a handcuffed person's neck for 6 minutes until he died.  The majority of us are somewhere in the middle of the spectrum of being offended.  Offended to one way or another but not enough so to actively protest or triggered enough to assail those who do. 

Our country has only been the best version of itself when we collectively care about offering all its citizens "liberty and justice" in equal measure.   But, our history tells us this has always been a struggle.

They may also be against Santa because he also existed at one time and no longer exists.  The only thing minorities get for the Color of their skin is preferential treatment.

I'm probably in trouble now for speaking the truth.

On the other hand the system definitely isn't they violate your rights and go overboard and out of control regardless of race, religion or anything else.  The only thing that protects you from the system is political power.  They can rape, rob and murder whoever they want no matter what color or age they are.  But go ahead and keep watching the puppet show.

• Like (+1) 1

It’s not cool but it’s their right.  They are snowflakes offended by mild forms of self-expression they disagree with. 

How incredibly ironic that you should be offended by other people being offended by mild forms of self-expression they disagree with.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HamSandwhich said:

So you know all of their minds? Could it be they see right through the virtue signaling?  Could it be that they simply do not want politics in their sports as it’s supposed to be a relief?  Could it be they see the BLM movement for what it is? Could it be any other reason than simply stating “racism”?  That’s lazy. Frankly, that line of thinking doesn’t allow us to get to the root of problems, everything is racist and the only way to fix it is to fix racism. What if it isn’t racism (as it usually isn’t) and there is an easy fix to the issue that would make everyone on all sides happy? Now, what if that fix itself is seen as “whiteness” and is looked at as racist? Well can’t fix the problem now, it’s racist. It self perpetuates in perpetuity never being fixed. If it’s clear racism, do something about it, I agree, but it’s usually not the explanation. Your view point offers no nuance and simply paints people with different views as “the other”. That will never work for civil discourse and is exactly why this country is so divided today. 

They are railing against the divisive nature of the radical left movement which includes BLM. Some may simply be racist (of that is the case then they are POS’s), but I’ll bet the large group is simply tired of the rhetoric. 

What or who made it Political? 

Who claimed Kap was insulting the Flag and America?

I have a suggestion.  Please take this to the PPP in a new thread to discuss. I'll be glad to reply in the proper forum. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I have a suggestion.  Please take this to the PPP in a new thread to discuss. I'll be glad to reply in the proper forum. 

How about we talk about the tenants of what they are standing for and how it’s disingenuous at it’s core in practice? Does it then become political? Or is it at the point where there is a dissenting view that it becomes political and thus the discussion needs to be moved or the person talking needs to be censored. I would like to know.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Also, what is political in my statement? Is that your opinion? 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HamSandwhich said:

Are you insinuating that I’m not mature? The tool of the left, character assassination!  

As for COVID discussion, it’s not deflection so much as there is a time and place. Let’s find that place and talk about it. I’m sure there is a thread dedicated to it, just let me know when and where and we can have a discussion about this obviously non-political topic...

Let me start this way, do you take their premise of black people are killed due to racism as fact? What evidence do you have to support other than a video here and there that does not actually give intent other than what you are assigning to it? What statistics and studies have been able to get into the mind of each of these “unjust” deaths to understand their malicious intent other than the meaning the mob gives it? It’s a white cop killing a person of minority, it has to be 100% racism regardless of anything other factors before or after the video starts? Just want to understand what you think you’re standing for. 

I comment on my own maturity; you can decide on yours for yourself.  Do I believe racism is an issue in our country?  Yes.  Based on my discussions with friends that are black who have been harassed by others including law enforcement.  Based on my adopted daughter of Asian descent who has faced discriminating and insulting comments.  

I am very much pro law enforcement.  Which to me means we need to back good cops doing an impossible job with dedication and pride while recognizing there are some bad cops doing bad things that need to be prosecuted for doing so.  I believe blacks  that commit crimes should yield to police commands and orders, but I can understand their fear when they see a video like George Floyd.  I believe black men should be able to jog down a road without some hilljack moron and his son shooting him.

In short, I believe this is not a black and white issue, pun not intended.  Racism and racial equality in this country is a gray issue, with room for improvement by all sides and a need to listen and talk to one another.  When people can’t handle a couple minutes before a football game where players try to help that dialog along they are part of the problem, not the solution.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

If you came away from last night with the view that politics were being forced down your throat, you are incredibly sensitive - dare I say a snowflake? - and against even mild forms of self-expression that contain messages you disagree with.  In short you are a fascist.

Let’s recap this “overwhelmingly political” display: 

- one player knelt during the anthem

- the anthem singers wore tee shirts displaying George Floyd and Breona Taylor

- the Texans stayed in the locker room for the anthem so as not to offend anyone by kneeling publicly (which IIRC many of the anti-kneeling mob had advocated for as a less-offensive alternative)

- the players locked arms on the field as a brief display of unity against inequality 

- several players wore symbols and names on their uniforms

- there was nothing said that was anti-military, anti-veteran, anti-first responders, or anti-U.S.

- a bunch of southerners booed the players for locking arms

- all of the “politics” lasted a few minutes and then the players went about doing their jobs and entertaining all of us 

I’ll repeat: if you find the above to be overly political, the problem is 100% with YOU.  It was just about the mildest, most thoughtful, dare I say, most AMERICAN display of free and individual expression I can fathom.  It made me proud to be American, honestly, and if you have a problem with last night’s display (not talking about the protests generally, just specifically last night), YOU are the one who hates this country and probably doesn’t belong here.

JMHO.. aspects of the behavior of the players before the game could be deemed "political" and if people are p-d off about it , it is there right to be.. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because they are racist and it’s the exact reason the players started kneeing in the first place.  

it was never about the anthem.  There are a certain group who are threaten by equality.  

it’s absolutely embarrassing for this country that equality is a “political” issue for some.  

Do you think guys like Floyd & Blake, both known criminals one who put a shotgun to his pregnant girlfriends belly and the other one a known rapist should be memorialized & honored while good police officers both black and white are being attacked and vilified by the actions of a few?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

54 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

If you got a problem with how the players express themselves, stop

complaining and stop

watching!

I already did. By the time everybody's fear and loathing settles into something rational, the cost of enjoying pro sports again should be cheaper and a better experience for the fans as a whole. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

The Dolphins agree and that is why they are going to skip both anthems altogether:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29855411/miami-dolphins-discontent-empty-gestures-stay-anthems

The Dolphins players are on to something here.  These symbolic gestures don't do much.  And the rioting and violence is counter-productive and turning a lot of people off including me.

But the reality in this country is poor people aren't treated very well.   Our social and economic system is a meritocracy.  Merit being measured by how much money or wealth you have.  The cops aren't going to step on the necks of affluent, wealthy, or celebrity blacks any more than the would step on the necks of affluent, wealthy, celebrity whites.  They don't have any problem roughing up poor blacks or for that matter poor people of any race or background.  That's not to say there are no issues or problems with bias and racism.  I suggest the problems are more low income and poor education than they are race.  I see this "different" treatment of better off people every day.  In my neighborhood their are Whites, Blacks, Asian, Hispanics, people of all races. But they are well-educated, professional, well-compensated people.  The cops aren't hassling any of them.  They wouldn't even think of it.  In fact, its a rare event to even see a police patrol in the area.   

What these social movements are missing here is this isn't strictly about race its about class.   And the abuse and neglect of the poor.  Part of the problem is their own fault.  Lack of education and other bad personal and family practices.  Part of the problem is the rest of us.   We can all do something to help.  The solution should be focused on helping them improve their potential by becoming educated, and acquiring skills & training that can provide better incomes and lives.  Solutions that provide hand outs like reparations are temporary.  Once the money is gone now what?     

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

BLM movement provides no solutions except defunding the police and majority of Americans do not want that.

Your surprised that Americans are no longer supporting a Marxist movement trying to destroy the country through racial division, rioting, arson, and looting.

Don't be surprised about that

• Like (+1) 4