Chiefs fans boo Texans/Chiefs locking of arms display

Penfield45

3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

So you’re saying it is being made political? Affirming what people are saying? Well we agree then. 

COVID, another political tool. It’s something real, it’s not as deadly as thought and it kills mostly those who are above the national average life expectancy, but the spin the politicians and news media put on it is a “hoax” to instill fear. Fear makes it easy to control you. That said, make your own decisions, if you feel as though it’s too risky for you, don’t go to the game. Don’t disparage those who want to go, it’s their right and they’ve assessed the threat differently than you. So be it! 

Your comments on COVID are incorrect. It is just as deadly as we thought, if not more. It is not a political tool to control you. Take off your tinfoil hat. I have friends in the trucking business who had to send freezer trucks to NYC to handle the excess bodies the morgues couldn't take. Mitigation (masks) and treatment efforts (plasma, anti-virals, steroids) have improved treatment, but people face lasting damage from the disease. 

If you don't believe me, go to the CDC web site and look at total deaths for our country and compare 2019 to 2020. Striking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, todd said:

I was just watching "America in Color" series. Basically colorized films from each decade. The 50s and 60s episodes were great. Made me realize how far we've come, but also sad because we've not come far enough. When racist idiots boo people wanting to show they are united, despite skin color, how they worship, etc., I have no idea how that can be a bad thing. That is what America is all about. It shows lots of ignorance. Ignorance, prejudice and fear walk hand in hand.

Would they have still booed if all the players were white? If they were all black? What if there was a confederate flag?

There are still plenty of people threatened when people speak of others being treated equally. My Italian forefathers faced it when they came to the US. George Eastman wouldn't hir italians. How quickly people forget. 

That is a great series, I really enjoy them. 

the crux Issue of your thought process is one that many seem to make here. It’s coming from an empathetic space and I understand it. However, you are assuming a lot here. You’re assuming you know the mind of everyone who’s has boo’d. I get it, it’s just easier to generalize and create an “other”, but id be willing to bet its more nuanced than that. If it’s purely racist intent then I completely disavow those people and agree with you, but it’s almost assuredly not the reason why each person is booing. Rather than assigning malicious intent to our fellow man, the country as a whole really needs to give the benefit of the doubt and assume positive pretenses and then clarify with those people to understand their viewpoint rather than judge a book by its cover as is so predominant today. Only then can we really understand each other and root out individual racist acts.

4 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

That is a great series, I really enjoy them. 

the crux Issue of your thought process is one that many seem to make here. It’s coming from an empathetic space and I understand it. However, you are assuming a lot here. You’re assuming you know the mind of everyone who’s has boo’d. I get it, it’s just easier to generalize and create an “other”, but id be willing to bet its more nuanced than that. If it’s purely racist intent then I completely disavow those people and agree with you, but it’s almost assuredly not the reason why each person is booing. Rather than assigning malicious intent to our fellow man, the country as a whole really needs to give the benefit of the doubt and assume positive pretenses and then clarify with those people to understand their viewpoint rather than judge a book by its cover as is so predominant today. Only then can we really understand each other and root out individual racist acts.

I've been around long enough to see that there is an undercurrent racist intent, especially in the south. Actually spent lots of time in Hendersonville near you, and I'm disgusted by the incredible number of "Bless Your Heart" racists.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, todd said:

Your comments on COVID are incorrect. It is just as deadly as we thought, if not more. It is not a political tool to control you. Take off your tinfoil hat. I have friends in the trucking business who had to send freezer trucks to NYC to handle the excess bodies the morgues couldn't take. Mitigation (masks) and treatment efforts (plasma, anti-virals, steroids) have improved treatment, but people face lasting damage from the disease. 

If you don't believe me, go to the CDC web site and look at total deaths for our country and compare 2019 to 2020. Striking.

If you’re making that claim, it’s on you to prove it. In order to believe this, you’re going to have to completely disregard research over decades and decades that state positive reinforcement and incentives create predictable and repeated behavior. So if we give positive reinforcement to say that if you label a person as dying from COVID then you will give them extra money, in the middle of an economic shut down no less, don’t you think they are going to be incentivized to call as much as possible as COVID deaths? Extrapolate logically here, no political bent needed.

i can’t speak to your anecdotal information, I will say this. There are around 200k confirmed deaths (debatable but I digress) in the country as a whole. In a country of around 350 million, does that sound like a number that overwhelms? Again, extrapolate logically, don’t listen to political pundits. 

If it was so bad, why was it that ventilators were not needed nearly as badly as Cuomo was crying for? They had to redirect the vents. Do you remember that political football? It’s all political! 

8 minutes ago, todd said:

I've been around long enough to see that there is an undercurrent racist intent, especially in the south. Actually spent lots of time in Hendersonville near you, and I'm disgusted by the incredible number of "Bless Your Heart" racists.

That is your own opinion. You disagree with their viewpoint and you assign the fact that they are racist. I live in A rural NC town  at this juncture while building a house outside of Asheville because Asheville has lost its mind. They’ve approved reparations, Green new deal, defunding the police and I won’t be around to see the city fall apart like Portland or to have to pay the over inflated taxes. I’ll live amongst those so-called racists as you call them, in the rural areas over that type of craziness.

Edited by HamSandwhich
  • Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Sad world we live in where rapists and criminals are honored and memorialized 

People who make (and actually believe) comments like this are what make our country an embarrassment.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

If you’re making that claim, it’s on you to prove it. In order to believe this, you’re going to have to completely disregard research over decades and decades that state positive reinforcement and incentives create predictable and repeated behavior. So if we give positive reinforcement to say that if you label a person as dying from COVID then you will give them extra money, in the middle of an economic shut down no less, don’t you think they are going to be incentivized to call as much as possible as COVID deaths? Extrapolate logically here, no political bent needed.

i can’t speak to your anecdotal information, I will say this. There are around 200k confirmed deaths (debatable but I digress) in the country as a whole. In a country of around 350 million, does that sound like a number that overwhelms? Again, extrapolate logically, don’t listen to political pundits. 

If it was so bad, why was it that ventilators were not needed nearly as badly as Cuomo was crying for? They had to redirect the vents. Do you remember that political football? It’s all political! 

That is your own opinion. You disagree with their viewpoint and you assign the fact that they are racist. I live in A rural NC town  at this juncture while building a house outside of Asheville because Asheville has lost its mind. They’ve approved reparations, Green new deal, defunding the police and I won’t be around to see the city fall apart like Portland or to have to pay the over inflated taxes. I’ll live amongst those so-called racists as you call them, in the rural areas over that type of craziness.

200,000 deaths in our country from one agent is a huge number, and it is not over yet.  for perspective, in 2019 there were about 650k deaths from heart disease in the US; Covid will likely be at least half of that.  With heart disease we have hospitals dedicated just to cardiovascular conditions, we have cardiologists by the score, we have statins and diets and on and on to fight the war against heart disease.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Reader said:

There might be a correlation between those who would attend a Missouri football game in a pandemic and a certain stance on social issues such as BLM.

The type of person that paints with broad strokes like this right here usually isn’t any better than the people they are trying to condemn. Nice work, champ 🙄

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

200,000 deaths in our country from one agent is a huge number, and it is not over yet.  for perspective, in 2019 there were about 650k deaths from heart disease in the US; Covid will likely be at least half of that.  With heart disease we have hospitals dedicated just to cardiovascular conditions, we have cardiologists by the score, we have statins and diets and on and on to fight the war against heart disease.

It is not a huge number, you have to take the passage of time into account too. If you believe it’s a large number. then you also have to believe that number is credible given the overwhelming incentive to inflate those numbers for financial gain. We are treating the deaths of COVID patients completely differently from other conditions and it’s artificially causing that number to change, to an inflated number in my opinion. There will be revision to this number down the road when it’s not politically expedient and it will be readily apparent what happened to those who are paying attention. 

All this said, I shouldn’t have waded into the COVID discussion, everyone is so politically entrenched it is beating a dead horse. I won’t respond to COVID issues as we are getting off the original topic at this time. 

Given your stance on COVID, I’ll venture to guess you’re a BLM supporter? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

This is the United States, some will agree, some will disagree. Get used to it. This is the new normal. I myself wouldn't cheer or boo. Just keep to myself. I wanna watch some football without all the political BS.

I believe that's what the booing is about.  Sports are an escape from all that stuff.  People who really believe in a cause sacrifice for that cause.  You can't say you are fighting poverty and Drive a Ferrari.  At least I hope that is why people are upset with this.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I agree, I found it much much unifying. 

How do you reconcile a unifying moment just after they had a segregated national anthem? The National Anthem is supposed to be for all Americans, not one group or another. They felt the need to have an African National anthem to make us less unified? 

• Like (+1) 3

Some are very offended by players kneeling as a protest against systemic racial inequality in matters of policing and criminal justice.  Some are very offended by police kneeling on a handcuffed person's neck for 6 minutes until he died.  The majority of us are somewhere in the middle of the spectrum of being offended.  Offended to one way or another but not enough so to actively protest or triggered enough to assail those who do. 

Our country has only been the best version of itself when we collectively care about offering all its citizens "liberty and justice" in equal measure.   But, our history tells us this has always been a struggle.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

How do you reconcile a unifying moment just after they had a segregated national anthem? The National Anthem is supposed to be for all Americans, not one group or another. They felt the need to have an African National anthem to make us less unified? 

The Dolphins agree and that is why they are going to skip both anthems altogether:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29855411/miami-dolphins-discontent-empty-gestures-stay-anthems

3 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

It is not a huge number, you have to take the passage of time into account too. If you believe it’s a large number. then you also have to believe that number is credible given the overwhelming incentive to inflate those numbers for financial gain. We are treating the deaths of COVID patients completely differently from other conditions and it’s artificially causing that number to change, to an inflated number in my opinion. There will be revision to this number down the road when it’s not politically expedient and it will be readily apparent what happened to those who are paying attention. 

All this said, I shouldn’t have waded into the COVID discussion, everyone is so politically entrenched it is beating a dead horse. I won’t respond to COVID issues as we are getting off the original topic at this time. 

Given your stance on COVID, I’ll venture to guess you’re a BLM supporter? 

Nice deflection on the BLM thing.  I’m sorry you cannot accept facts about science and medicine.  The deaths of almost 200k Americans and millions of people around the world defines a pandemic.  You apparently are hanging onto the myth of the 6k deaths with only Covid on the death certificate whereas anyone with a smattering of medical knowledge understands it exacerbates underlying conditions.  

As for the events if last night, the players are protesting and asking for changes in our country that have been needed since the Constitution was first enacted.  I am mature enough to be able to recognize their protest, agree with parts and disagree with parts (such as looting and violence associated with both right and left fringe groups), and not think that a few minutes of protests aimed at opening people’s eyes has to detract from my enjoyment of the game itself.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wait wait wait- I’m a white male who doesn’t agree with the mainstream media and leftist political landscapes description of race, policing, and social injustice in America - can one of you fine erudite with the logical and detailed approaches to this conversation that don’t rely on emotion at all give me my racist I badge now? I have just the spot for it on my vest next to my “I kill kittens” badge. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Some are very offended by players kneeling as a protest against systemic racial inequality in matters of policing and criminal justice.  Some are very offended by police kneeling on a handcuffed person's neck for 6 minutes until he died.  The majority of us are somewhere in the middle of the spectrum of being offended.  Offended to one way or another but not enough so to actively protest or triggered enough to assail those who do. 

Our country has only been the best version of itself when we collectively care about offering all its citizens "liberty and justice" in equal measure.   But, our history tells us this has always been a struggle.

Eloquently stated, however, I wouldn’t call myself offended by much if anything. You also state that our history tells us it’s a struggle and I agree it has been in the past. Have we not gotten better and better as the years have passed? It’s as if people think that history means it has to presently be the same? It is my learned opinion that there is no systemic racism remaining, rather sparse individual racism that needs to be rooted out. We’ve come very far to get to this point but now the radicals want to burn it to the ground, all the progress we worked for. All with mostly illegitimate gripes based on feelings rather than actual facts and statistics that don’t back up their grievances. 

So can a country ever not be racist? Or is it that the term has become so amorphous we wouldn’t even know what a non-racist country is would look like? Everything is racist these days, and that’s by design, license to burn it all to the ground. 

• Like (+1) 3