Chiefs fans boo Texans/Chiefs locking of arms display

Penfield45

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

This is the United States, some will agree, some will disagree. Get used to it. This is the new normal. I myself wouldn't cheer or boo. Just keep to myself. I wanna watch some football without all the political BS.

there is nothing political about human injustice. 

you say you won't cheer or boo but you are exactly the problem thinking this is a political issue. 

• Like (+1) 19
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

honestly sounded more like a few dumb idiots. I mean at other points you hear people cheering.

That was more than a few, IMO and the cheering definitely started when it was ending after the "thank you".  Almost as if that's what they cheered for. 

2 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

you say you won't cheer or boo but you are exactly the problem thinking this is a political issue. 

I think it's political if politicians intertwine themselves in the issue - and they have.  They made it political not the people. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Penfield45 said:

I agree that teams coming together for justice is great and if fans can't handle that it really is sad. It seemed with the the anthem they wanted to make it political by announcing each player that was kneeling and who was not. It seemed like they were just trying to create for controversy. Just let each player do what they believe is right and leave it at that. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

You have no clue what I think. I'm just there to watch football. I've protested plenty of things in Rochester, so get off your high horse and don't tell me I'm the problem. Talk about ignorance. This is an everything problem and politics are just one of them. Open your eyes.

And how can you say human injustice isn't political? The Rochester Police Dept and City Hall kept the murder of Daniel Prude a secret for six months until it was finally leaked out a week ago. Yeah, not political at all. 

Edited by Bubba Gump
  • Like (+1) 11
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Sad world we live in where rapists and criminals are honored and memorialized 

Amen!

Nothing "unified" about the pregame when the one team is in the locker room hiding while the other team is outside honoring Americans who served and died for this country. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MyDogLuvsPB said:

Amen!

Nothing "unified" about the pregame when the one team is in the locker room hiding while the other team is outside honoring Americans who served and died for this country. 

I thought we didn't want any political BS in our football games?

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

The players locking of arms is kind of nice, and even more mild than kneeling for the national anthem.  Not sure why anyone would boo it, but it’s their right to if they choose.

Because they are racist and it’s the exact reason the players started kneeing in the first place.  

it was never about the anthem.  There are a certain group who are threaten by equality.  

it’s absolutely embarrassing for this country that equality is a “political” issue for some.  

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 9
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I thought we didn't want any political BS in our football games?

Unfortunately there will always be some type of it. At least while I'm still alive. This isn't going away anytime soon. Goodell is leaving it up to the players, and POTUS thinks it's unethical. But no, it's not political at all. Give me a break. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

Unfortunately there will always be some type of it. At least while I'm still alive. This isn't going away anytime soon. Goodell is leaving it up to the players, and POTUS thinks it's unethical. But no, it's not political at all. Give me a break. 

I love that a  draft dodger who’s coward family never served a day in the military is the conscience of what is patriotic to some. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 11
  • Thank you (+1) 2