TNF: Texans at Chiefs (-9) 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t know...I think it’s good to have incentives for organizations to have fans at their games.  There is no reason Bills Stadium shouldn’t be at least 1/4 full on Sunday.

I disagree.  At least if we are going by last night in KC.

There was no social distancing for pretty much everyone in the crowd, in that they all sat in packs.  Yes, the packs were separated by rows of space, but at that point, so what?  There would be 6 people shoulder to shoulder 2 rows in a row, in a pack.  If you're going to do that, fill the stadium to 75,000 and hope for the best.

Was each pack limited to a single ticket buyer and so it is assumed the pack all lives together or something like that anyway?

I don't know, but the seat spacing was not ideal in KC.

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

15,000 fans is nothing of a home field advantage.  It's more a distraction for both teams than anything else.  It's the lack of travel that is the home field advantage.

Was just going to mention that.

Home field advantage, in football, has 2 components.

1: the away team might find it hard to verbally communicate on offense with stadium noise

2: the home team gets to sleep in their own beds night before a game, go through familiar routine at stadium on game day, etc.

Of the 2, the latter might be the bigger advantage! 

I don't know, I never played NFL football.

😂

I guess you could argue there is a 3rd factor: that the home team gets the calls from the refs.

I'm not sure that's true.

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

I disagree.  At least if we are going by last night in KC.

There was no social distancing for pretty much everyone in the crowd, in that they all sat in packs.  Yes, the packs were separated by rows of space, but at that point, so what?  There would be 6 people shoulder to shoulder 2 rows in a row, in a pack.  If you're going to do that, fill the stadium to 75,000 and hope for the best.

Was each pack limited to a single ticket buyer and so it is assumed the pack all lives together or something like that anyway?

I don't know, but the seat spacing was not ideal in KC.

I’m all in favor of filling the stadiums to capacity right now, so i have zero concerns about any of the above.

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I’m not even sure I just think that we either have fans or we don’t  , some teams having a home field advantage and some don’t just doesn’t seem fair 

You should be completely embarrassed by your state and locality if they don't have at least the minimum of what KC had in that stadium last night.  

Absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing to have no fans.  

13 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Take away the best WR in the league and maybe Watson isn't a 40 million per year QB. This could turn into one of the worst deals ever.

Something I noticed last night: every time protection broke down and Watson had to pull the ball down, he immediately went to a run. He never bothered to look downfield while rolling out. 

Not sure if that is because of a lack of Hopkins, or just the way Watson has always played.

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

15,000 fans is nothing of a home field advantage.  It's more a distraction for both teams than anything else.  It's the lack of travel that is the home field advantage.

I don’t disagree.  It’s just nice having real fans at sporting events, to distinguish them from soap operas and movie sets....

4 minutes ago, IDBillzFan said:

Something I noticed last night: every time protection broke down and Watson had to pull the ball down, he immediately went to a run. He never bothered to look downfield while rolling out. 

Not sure if that is because of a lack of Hopkins, or just the way Watson has always played.

I noticed that too. It's why I brought it up. I think he is screwed. He's got talent, but without a standout WR his flaws are exposed.

4 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

I missed the game but checked the box score. Was it as big a ***** show as it looks?

Worse Texans scored twice in garbage time.

2 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

Not a Cooks fan.  Yes he is fast and puts up some decent (not elite) numbers but he is not clutch.  When you need an important catch, he is not the man to deliver.

O'Brien was out coached. Reid had his team ready with a good game plan.

• Like (+1) 1

My take away from the game is that the Chiefs will likely be contenders again. Great offense and a solid defense no surprise there. The Texans will likely be carried by Watson again. Their WR corps should be good enough if they can get Cooks going and healthy but the O-line remains an issue and I don't see the defense being elite. Texans will likely win 7-9 games.

• Like (+1) 1