TNF: Texans at Chiefs (-9) 8:20 NBC

YoloinOhio

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Interesting.  So you think some of that noise is coming from the stadium PA system? 

Because Collinsworth commented on it too; i.e., a small crowd of like 16,000 generating a lot of noise.  You would think they would both be tuned into what's actually going on.  They're at the stadium afterall.

I'll be interested to see what games without fans sound like. 

Totally random and trivial thing, but does anyone else notice that when they’re showing the upcoming games (or final scores from the early Sunday games) behind Al and Chris in the broadcast booth during TNF/SNF, it seems they always cut back to the field right before showing the one involving the Bills?  

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

Empty stadiums are gonna have pumped in fan noise. So hearing the fan noise in an empty stadium will be a little weird.

IF they are doing that at empty stadiums, they probably ARE doing it tonight in KC too.

That would explain why 16,000 people made so much noise, as Jeremy2020 was saying.

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Empty stadiums are gonna have pumped in fan noise. So hearing the fan noise in an empty stadium will be a little weird.

If you couldn't see the crowd...would you know the difference? I have a feeling it will be tough to tell.

There doesn't seem to be a lot of writing about what the rules are around pumping in crowd noise beyond it's limited to 80db. Will it have to be lowered or silenced at any time? They're using recorded crowd noise from actual games so will it be a 'live audio' production where somebody is taking like 8 seconds of a defense chant and playing that or will it just be an ongoing recording where the highs and lows don't make sense? Gonna be intriguing. 

Edited by jeremy2020

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

If you couldn't see the crowd...would you know the difference? I have a feeling it will be tough to tell.

I've been watching NHL playoff games and they are definitely pumping in fan noise; and yes, it is hard to tell that it's "fake" mostly b/c I don't think it is!  I.E., it's a recording of the real crowd. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

IF they are doing that at empty stadiums, they probably ARE doing it tonight in KC too.

That would explain why 16,000 people made so much noise, as Jeremy2020 was saying.

The noise sounded just about what I’d expect a 20% full stadium to sound like.

2 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

The noise sounded just about what I’d expect a 20% full stadium to sound like.

Really? I thought it sounded a lot louder than that, as did the announcers.  They commented on it at least twice that I remember, mostly at the beginning of the game.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Zack Moss and Josh Allen will have the Jets making Business Decisions....:wub:

I hope Josh makes “long term” business decisions. The decisions Josh makes this year will say volumes about our future, in so many ways. 

Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1