Denver Broncos WR Courtland Sutton injures shoulder, getting MRI

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29854883/denver-broncos-wr-courtland-sutton-injures-shoulder-getting-mri

Another hit for them 

Sutton suffered the injury as he leaped to make a catch in positional drills about 30 minutes into the workout and landed awkwardly. He briefly stayed on the ground before eventually walking off the field with trainers and going inside the Broncos' complex.

14 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Ah.... I have them as a sneaky good team that I like and I see that feeling begin to erode away...

I hate injuries... I know they’re inevitable, I just hate how something so simple can change so much. 

Even without Sutton, I'm still not seeing why people are hyping the Broncos this year.

I think they are in for another middling season, then Pat Bowlen will do the right thing and fire John Elway.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Even without Sutton, I'm still not seeing why people are hyping the Broncos this year.

I think they are in for another middling season, then Pat Bowlen will do the right thing and fire John Elway.

I think they will be better but they are in a tough division. I think they will be around .500.

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Ah.... I have them as a sneaky good team that I like and I see that feeling begin to erode away...

I hate injuries... I know they’re inevitable, I just hate how something so simple can change so much. 

People underestimate depth in the NFL. The typical NFL season is so often about surviving injuries than anything else.

14 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

it’s all about Drew Lock being good I suppose 

12 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Just depends who Drew Lock is. 

They have some good pieces on Defense (losing Miller is such a huge loss) and Fangio is one of the best defensive minds. On offense they have an exciting cast of playmakers (depending on Sutton injury) and their line should be somewhat better. I don't see them as a SB contending team, but they have direction for the first time since Manning retired. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

it’s all about Drew Lock being good I suppose 

That’s my view as well. But I think the afc west is now the new afc East. Everyone but KC knows they are playing for the WC at best. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Modern day Lazarus?

Edited by Beast
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

People underestimate depth in the NFL. The typical NFL season is so often about surviving injuries than anything else.

Staying healthy (mostly by luck) is definitely an important factor!  

It always seems like someone gets zapped really hard by the injury bug.

This year it seems to be Denver.

• Like (+1) 1