Ref's for the Bills game are... (update - Week 17)

Just Jack

1 hour ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Coleman?  We're bleeped.

just to provide context, this happened a few years ago

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/side-judge-james-coleman-injured-colliding-bills-coach/story?id=49918527

Coleman appeared upset with the Bills' sideline as he met with coach Sean McDermott, other officials and members of the Bills' training staff after the play.

• Like (+1) 1

Torbert is the absolute worst.

Here he is fist bumping after a Broncos TD vs. the Bills - never seen anything like this.

https://nesn.com/2014/12/referees-inexplicably-fist-bump-after-broncos-score-touchdown-gif/?fb_comment_id=746990758687604_747002248686455

Those iffy flags from the 2014 season (see recap below) left me fuming for days. This was the season we finished 9-7 and this game and the raiders game could have easily gone the other way and we woulda finished 11-5. Even one of those wins might have won us the tiebreak at 10-6 over the Ravens. 

After that stupid 2004 final game loss to the backup steelers, I think 2014 was the season I was most upset about regarding missing the playoffs.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/153112/bills-predictable-loss-to-broncos-follows-familiar-script

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

I was going by the name Coleman, but sure, now he holds a grudge...

41 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

The infamous 3rd and <kitty> game where Orton slid instead of diving for it on 3rd and 1.  I despise Kyle Orton.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

I thought this sounded familiar, and sure enough, we had Carl and Crew just two weeks ago against the Covid Mary's....

Week 7 - Bills at New Jersey Team B

(Crew subject to change due to the real mafia interfering) 

Yrs 2019 crew College Occupation
R 51 Carl Cheffers 21   California-Irvine sales manager
U 49 Rich Hall 17 Kemp Arizona custom cabinetry
DJ 13 Patrick Turner 7 Wrolstad Cal State-Long Beach plant manager
LJ 47 Tim Podraza 13 Corrente Nebraska business performance consultant
FJ 60 Gary Cavaletto 18 Vinovich Hancock general manager, agricultural operations
SJ 18 Clay Reynard 1 NA California-Davis customer service representative
BJ 119 Greg Wilson 13 Martin USC

retired police officer

Week 8 - Bills vs Pats*

R 34 Clete Blakeman 13   Nebraska attorney
U 11 Fred Bryan 12 Martin Northern Iowa superintendent, juvenile correctional facility
DJ 28 Mark Hittner 24 Smith Pittsburg State investment broker
LJ 68 Tom Stephan 22 Anderson Pittsburg State retired business broker
SJ 72 Michael Banks 19 Cheffers Illinois State carpenter foreman
FJ 57 Joe Blubaugh 1 NA Pittsburg State regional sales manager
BJ 93 Scott Helverson 18 Wrolstad Iowa sales, printing and promotions

Does Pittsburg State have a degree in officiating?  Such a weird coincidence. 

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

it’s funny reading what these officials’ day jobs are.  A lot of them probably go into the office the next day and fire off some emails ending in “please advise, thanks.”

This made me laugh.  Get that email phrase all of the time.  It drives me crazy.  I avoid that wording like the plague. 

2 hours ago, BillsfaninSB said:

Does Pittsburg State have a degree in officiating?  Such a weird coincidence. 

This made me laugh.  Get that email phrase all of the time.  It drives me crazy.  I avoid that wording like the plague. 

Ask John Brown as that is his alma mater 

On 10/15/2020 at 9:28 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

Torbert is the absolute worst.

Here he is fist bumping after a Broncos TD vs. the Bills - never seen anything like this.

https://nesn.com/2014/12/referees-inexplicably-fist-bump-after-broncos-score-touchdown-gif/?fb_comment_id=746990758687604_747002248686455

Those iffy flags from the 2014 season (see recap below) left me fuming for days. This was the season we finished 9-7 and this game and the raiders game could have easily gone the other way and we woulda finished 11-5. Even one of those wins might have won us the tiebreak at 10-6 over the Ravens. 

After that stupid 2004 final game loss to the backup steelers, I think 2014 was the season I was most upset about regarding missing the playoffs.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/153112/bills-predictable-loss-to-broncos-follows-familiar-script

Torbert was/is someone very high up in the company that built the patriots stadium. I have no idea how he’s allowed to ref games. 

12 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Week 8 - Bills vs Pats*

R 34 Clete Blakeman 13   Nebraska attorney
U 11 Fred Bryan 12 Martin Northern Iowa superintendent, juvenile correctional facility
DJ 28 Mark Hittner 24 Smith Pittsburg State investment broker
LJ 68 Tom Stephan 22 Anderson Pittsburg State retired business broker
SJ 72 Michael Banks 19 Cheffers Illinois State carpenter foreman
FJ 57 Joe Blubaugh 1 NA Pittsburg State regional sales manager
BJ 93 Scott Helverson 18 Wrolstad Iowa sales, printing and promotions

It's not Cheffers so we are all good!

12 hours ago, RiotAct said:

it’s funny reading what these officials’ day jobs are.  A lot of them probably go into the office the next day and fire off some emails ending in “please advise, thanks.”

Honestly I don't know why some of them even have day jobs, aren't they getting paid out the ass to ref?

On 10/15/2020 at 8:10 PM, IgotBILLStopay said:

I dont recall this. Does anyone else?  How did a coach hurt a ref and why was said ref upset with the Bills sideline?  And how did the Bills get an unsportsmanlike conduct call on that play, the Bills were on offense.

24 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I dont recall this. Does anyone else?  How did a coach hurt a ref and why was said ref upset with the Bills sideline?  And how did the Bills get an unsportsmanlike conduct call on that play, the Bills were on offense.

There is a line that players and coaches cannot cross that allows the officials to run up and down the sideline without running into anyone.  In this instance the players and/or coaches probably crossed the line and he ended up colliding with them because of it, hence the 15 yard penalty.

4 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

There is a line that players and coaches cannot cross that allows the officials to run up and down the sideline without running into anyone.  In this instance the players and/or coaches probably crossed the line and he ended up colliding with them because of it, hence the 15 yard penalty.

Yes i know about the line but seeking someone that recalls this play and knows what actually happened.