Fox To Use Virtual Fans

DefenseWins

Just now, 4_kidd_4 said:

Was interested in seeing how our empty stadium came across on a broadcast. This is just silly on Fox’s part.  

well, you’ll still be able to see for all but a couple games (as most of our games are on CBS again this season)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

Dumb

Are the virtual fans going to be celebrating when the opposing team scores the game winning touchdown, like they do in baseball when the opposing team hits a home run?

:sick:

What’s the opposing team? Every game is a home game for the Bills!

45 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Maybe there will be some robots as part of the virtual fans...

I've actually really enjoyed the NHL playoffs and think they have done a very good job executng the fake crowd noise.  Most of the time I forget it is in a an empty arena - I can't imagine how much worse it would be just dead quiet.

Agreed.  Same with the NBA.  The crowd noise has been a nice addition compared to the alternative of squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak and expletives.  

I don’t think I’d enjoy watching an nfl game with zero crowd noise.  Even if it’s fake, I’d rather have fake noise when no noise

11 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think I’d enjoy watching an nfl game with zero crowd noise.  Even if it’s fake, I’d rather have fake noise when no noise

Excepting of course train horn :rolleyes:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Dumb

Are the virtual fans going to be celebrating when the opposing team scores the game winning touchdown, like they do in baseball when the opposing team hits a home run?

:sick:

You mean like a Dolphins home game?

Not quite the same thing.

Having fake crowd noise at the NHL playoffs, which are being played at a neutral sight, doesn't seem as strange.

Watching fake fans jumping all over themselves when the opposing team scores is incredibly stupid.

I personally would rather have no fake fans and no fake fan noise. All I care about is watching the game.

I mentioned it in another thread.

The Belmont without 100,000 people was an absolute dud.

Some noise is better than no noise.

Edited by snafu
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I've only watched a tiny bit of playoff hockey (while I'm usually hooked), and the crowd noise was not over the top, so not that bothersome, but really stupid IMO. Why even consider it?

I’m actually enjoying seeing play along the nearside boards without the crowds in the way.

Go Bolts!

• Like (+1) 1

I actually thought it was interesting and cool watching a college football game without any fake crap pumped in. It had kind of a high school feel to it, but you could hear so much more on the field and the sidelines.

Kind of feels like the broadcasters are treating fans like babies. Just show the games and stop the fake nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’m actually enjoying seeing play along the nearside boards without the crowds in the way.

Go Bolts!

I"m in Tampa basically but was rooting for NY. The scorching hot states that now have a NHL team never set right with me for some reason. Just need a contending Sabres team someday and I'll be content.

19 minutes ago, snafu said:

You mean like a Dolphins home game?

I mentioned it in another thread.

The Belmont without 100,000 people was an absolute dud.

Some noise is better than no noise.

Yeah, pretty much like a Dolphins game. :lol:

I did not see the Belmont, so I can see how had there been no crowd noise it would have seemed strange.

To each their own.

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, T&C said:

I"m in Tampa basically but was rooting for NY. The scorching hot states that now have a NHL team never set right with me for some reason. Just need a contending Sabres team someday and I'll be content.

I got on board when Dave Andreychuk went there and captained them to a cup.

Gotta burn our collective arses a bit though that TB has a cup AND a Lombardi.

22 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I got on board when Dave Andreychuk went there and captained them to a cup.

Gotta burn our collective arses a bit though that TB has a cup AND a Lombardi.

Never got on board here... always root against both of them... go Saints on Sunday. 

I'm so worried that it's going to be some big, fake, over-produced nonsense like they had during the NFL draft this year, with Goodell "interacting" with the fans booing him.  That was embarrassing.

Does anyone one know if those "fans" were live, or were those taped segments that Roger was "talking" to?

3 hours ago, die hard bills fan said:

Sounds similar to the laugh track used in comedies.  It will make a boring game seem more exciting then it actually is.

Perfect analogy. Imagine watching the Honeymooners with no laugh track... wait, that one would still be funny. Some of the others though would he half assed without it.

2 minutes ago, T&C said:

Perfect analogy. Imagine watching the Honeymooners with no laugh track... wait, that one would still be funny. Some of the others though would he half assed without it.

The Honeymooners was filmed in front of a live audience - no laugh track.