Fox To Use Virtual Fans

DefenseWins

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Agreed.  Same with the NBA.  The crowd noise has been a nice addition compared to the alternative of squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak and expletives.  

Bingo. Fake crowd noise is as much a safety net to drown out or cover up all of the swearing that would otherwise be piped straight in to your home as it is something to add the the viewing experience. Networks don't want to be sued for FCC violations.

24 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

Bingo. Fake crowd noise is as much a safety net to drown out or cover up all of the swearing that would otherwise be piped straight in to your home as it is something to add the the viewing experience. Networks don't want to be sued for FCC violations.

A seven-second delay would give them enough time to bleep out the expletives. I thought that was SOP after the "wardrobe malfunction."

I think they should take the Train Horn league wide. Start with the Patriots, but they all deserve a taste of that! 

12 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

They were piping in crowd noise for the boxing Sunday night.  It was awful.  Showtime is doing the real audio during their Covid boxing telecasts and it's fine without a crowd.  

Was it NBC that did a game without commentators years ago. It was weird, but not horrible. I’m not as sensitive to the bad commentators as most people. 

Edited by Augie

7 hours ago, NewEra said:

What’s the opposing team? Every game is a home game for the Bills!

Agreed.  Same with the NBA.  The crowd noise has been a nice addition compared to the alternative of squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak, squeak and expletives.  

I don’t think I’d enjoy watching an nfl game with zero crowd noise.  Even if it’s fake, I’d rather have fake noise when no noise

Yeah, I’ve pretty much liked what the NBA has done but nothing’s perfect.  They put the logo on the court of the team that’s supposed to be the “home team” but then I’ve heard chants of “Defense!” when that team has the ball.  It looked like they have virtual fans of both teams.

4 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Are our virtual fans going to throw virtual phalluses onto the field? Won’t be very authentic if they don’t. 

Get a large scale potato gun, and shoot it from Hammer's Lot into the stadium. Here's one I built about 20 years ago. It would launch stuff about 1000 feet. 

pic_1.jpg

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bills fan since 87 said:

Or one of those giant sling shots.. maybe if someone brings their A game a medieval catapult?

That would be a trebuchet. Though considering the lack of weight you'd probably want to consider a full bag of d!cks. 

• Haha (+1) 1