CBS All Access / VPN experiment failed

Ra-cha-cha

1 hour ago, Ra-cha-cha said:

Folks:

I've tried to get CBS All Access with a VPN to get me the local CBS station in Buffalo.

Unfortunately, however, the entire experiment was a bust.

I tried (luckily all with cancelable trial periods) 4 VPS (Nord, Ghost, PrivateVPN and SlickVPN).  I tried accessing my 'local' CBS station on CBS All Access using both the normal & hidden versions of Chrome, Edge, Firefox/Brave & Internet Explorer.

Not one of those combinations allowed me to see a WNY local CBS station.

Looks like I'm off to a bar here in Bradenton, FL this Sunday .....................

Use http://bilasport.net its free and super easy to use

38 minutes ago, Logic said:

This is what I do every year. It has never failed me in five seasons now (knock on wood). 

I just use an HDMI cable to hook my computer to my TV, and boom, high definition NFL football in my living room.

The neat thing about NFL Gamepass is that it also gives you access to 30-minute "express" versions of every game the day after they air. It cuts out all the down time and commercials between plays. It makes it possible to watch other games or to re-watch Bills games without taking up much time. You ALSO get access to the ALL-22 (coach's footage) of every Bills game by mid-week, which can be neat to watch for key plays. Last but not least, you get all of the NFL Network material on demand (all the "A Football Life" programs that ever been made, etc), Red Zone channel, NFL Network live, and an archive of games going back years (including every Super Bowl ever), just in case you want to watch, say, the 2017 Bills opening week game, just to see how far the team has come.

I don't mean to sound like a commercial for Gamepass, but it's a buy I never, ever regret.

So, you did this. Interesting.

48 minutes ago, gregor7777 said:

It's a little spendy but you can get ExpressVPN and buy the international version of gamepass. It's like $125 for the season plus $12 for the VPN.

48 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

I'm so glad someone posted about ExpressVPN.  I signed up yesterday, picked a German server and bought NFLGAMEPASS for about $200.  Now I will get all the games.

Let me know how well it works.  I used Kaspersky secure Connection VPN (not Express VPN), connected through England, I had some success with it where I could trick it, but not very often.

One thing to always do if you're pulling the 'relocation via vpn' trick is to either clear your cache (all of it! but especially cookies), go into incognito mode, and then proceed.  Either that, or use a totally separate browser for this type of thing.  Firefox is my goto daily use browser so i use Chrome for anything VPN related when I'm trying to appear somewhere else.  IE in all it's forms is hot garbage and to be avoided

59 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

So, you did this. Interesting.

just look at this roster. It’s insane.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/buffalo-bills/roster/2017

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Let me know how well it works.  I used Kaspersky secure Connection VPN (not Express VPN), connected through England, I had some success with it where I could trick it, but not very often.

I’ve used the ExpressVPN and Gamepass combo for five years straight. Works like a charm.

2 hours ago, MJS said:

It's an antiquated model to not let fans watch whatever games they want.

Especially when there are no tickets to sell.

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Do you know anyone local? Maybe they can do the cbs all access here and you can share their screen?

I’m close to hooking up a sling box to my brother in law’s tv in WNY.

I think that might work pretty well.

3 hours ago, Brennan Huff said:

I think the CBS app is only 5.99 a month. Probably still cheaper than spending the afternoon in a bar

Also, I got an email from the Bills this morning saying you can watch the games for free using the Bills app

Can yoi share the link here? I have the Bills app, havent seen that yet.

7 minutes ago, mykidsdad said:

Can yoi share the link here? I have the Bills app, havent seen that yet.

It's only going to work in a location that is showing the Bills game on the local affiliate, like Buffalo.  If for example you were in Boston, where the NE game is on CBS at 1:00 it won't work.

NordVPN has Buffalo Server. 
Couple of things with Cbs:

all location services needs to be disabled 

cannot use the app, only web based site

delete all cach

if you buy game pass then buy from asian countries like Vietnam or Indonesia. Cheaper than Europe.  

Crazy that in a year like this the NFL and directv couldn’t figure out a deal for the common fan to make this work. The amount of money being left on the table here is INSANE. I don’t want directv service, but I would gladly pay them even $50 more than the college deal to get a login to watch the games. 
I don’t know any college kids 😢

I am not a big fan of illegal online streams but I feel like my hand is kind of being forced here. I refuse to watch Tannehill and the titans every week instead of the bills 

• Like (+1) 5

2 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks for the info.  I have been thinking of going this route.  I do have a few questions if you would take the time to reply.

1.  SlickVPN is the only VPN I have seen that uses some Buffalo servers.  So I imagine you hooked into one of them and it still failed.

2.  Did you at first log into CBS AA using your local (non VPN) IP Address?  OR did you log into the Buffalo address first and then try it.

I'm asking this because a computer savvy friend said to try to toggle between the 2 could be a problem.

3.  Did you use the VPN on your MODEM/Server or did you just put it locally on a device (ie Laptop)?

Again my friend said to just having the VPN and CBS AA on a device (laptop) would probably be the way to go.

I understand if you don't want to reply.

Hi.  SlickVPN has a buffalo server.  I cleared my browser history/cookies.  Logged into SlickVPN/Buffalo.  Logged into CBS All Access.  Tried to get 'my local CBS' station.  Came up with Tampa, FL.  Perhaps there's a way to do it, but it didn't work for me.  Good luck

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, buffalonian said:

Anyone ever try with youtubeTV and a VPN?

I have, it defaults to the billing address for the CC on file. 

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Gamepass only shows the game after the live broadcast, is that correct?

I think the international version is live, hence the German server.

• Thank you (+1) 2

Fake GPS app (requires entry level programming skills you can learn on YouTube) + CBS all access. Then Screenshare your phone to the bigscreen. Does not work with iPhones thought as you can't reprogram the fake GPS due to Apple not letting you mess with any of the phones programming.

Edited by Bferra13

4 hours ago, gregor7777 said:

It's a little spendy but you can get ExpressVPN and buy the international version of gamepass. It's like $125 for the season plus $12 for the VPN.

Dumb question: if you buy an international version of Gamepass, can you watch the games live?  Domestically, you can't watch them until about a half hour after they end.