Just a reminder that live NFL football is back starting tonight at 8:20pm on NBC

BillsFan4

8 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/09/10/houston-texans-kansas-city-chiefs-time-date-channel-stream/5767104002/

I think this is the most excited I’ve ever been for the opening night of NFL football. I’m always excited about it, but this year it feels even more special. I’m just so happy to have football back.

Preseason games were fine for getting a glimpse at some of the new guys, so I watched for that reason. Having ZERO preseason is so strange and leaves me far more excited than usual to get a glimpse of real football. I wasn’t really sure we would get to this point in this crazy year.

Now....I hope and pray the rest of the season goes off as planned. 

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Record on your DVR and start watching about an hour late.

You'll finish watching the game around the time it ends anyway, only you won't have seen any pre-game BS, halftime BS, or commercials. You can even FF through lengthy review situations, etc.

NFL footballs are 80% delay, 20% game, if that.

Amazing how fast you can buzz thru a game if you’ve recorded it. I can do that with most games that the Bills are not involved in. Those games.....I have to watch live unless it’s preseason or some extenuating circumstances arise. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Is 820 the actual kickoff time?  I refuse to watch any of the pregame nonsense. 

I believe it’s supposed to be but I’m not 100% sure. They are doing a banner raising ceremony that is supposed to start at 7:10pm so they can still kickoff on time but we will see. I could see it running long. 

I will probably tune this in to see how it is all being handled, at least the first half.  I do not expect it to be much of a game - essentially the equivalent of preseason game 3 if that, given the lack of any meaningful play until now.   Also, the Texans are going to suck, so I expect the Chiefs to eventually roll them, despite O’Brien trying to bore them into submission. 

Just now, FLFan said:

I will probably tune this in to see how it is all being handled, at least the first half.  I do not expect it to be much of a game - essentially the equivalent of preseason game 3 if that, given the lack of any meaningful play until now.   Also, the Texans are going to suck, so I expect the Chiefs to eventually roll them, despite O’Brien trying to bore them into submission. 

l will watch at least half.  

I need my beauty sleep 💤 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I need my beauty sleep 💤 

And I have an early golf game tomorrow, so I need a good night’s sleep. This game will work better than an Ambien to put the old lights out.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Kaep is an indivual, so is Incognito. The difference THIS YEAR would be that the NFL itself, the league, is pushing issues on us while we just want to watch sports.

In all those discussions, people supporting BLM and such want to mock other fans not liking this pushed on us by a sports league. Yet most of us don't argue for or against the POV, but the fact a sports league will push one such POV during a time we want to focus on something else. Football and Bills football is what draw us on this board yet we are totally divided on this topic. What good would come to the NFL to lose viewership? You'd be satisfied just because you think all of us peons with different POVs absolutely must be convinced, no matter the way?

Why do you assume they would lose viewership? I'm sure they ran the numbers.

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Do you think the Bills game on Sunday will be the same?  Pre-season Game 3?

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I heard they ratings will drop HUGELY after players kneel 

Is it snowing in KC?

It's a crisp 57 degrees F right now.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Do you think the Bills game on Sunday will be the same?  Pre-season Game 3?

It's a crisp 57 degrees F right now.

I do not expect a crisp, well executed game let’s say.  I think the Bills will be much better prepared than the Jets, but it will be sloppy in my opinion.

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

I need my beauty sleep 💤 

So you plan on hibernating like a bear, huh? 😉

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

56 Degrees in KC right now! 

4:00pm local time.

Kind of cold for 9/10.

That is absolutely perfect football weather 

2 hours ago, Dragoon said:

I hear the flag burning starts at 8:10 — so tune in early if you hate your country. 

Thankfully I got my Trumpy Bear and will be singing every word of the anthem at the bar!!!

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Kaep is an indivual, so is Incognito. The difference THIS YEAR would be that the NFL itself, the league, is pushing issues on us while we just want to watch sports.

In all those discussions, people supporting BLM and such want to mock other fans not liking this pushed on us by a sports league. Yet most of us don't argue for or against the POV, but the fact a sports league will push one such POV during a time we want to focus on something else. Football and Bills football is what draw us on this board yet we are totally divided on this topic. What good would come to the NFL to lose viewership? You'd be satisfied just because you think all of us peons with different POVs absolutely must be convinced, no matter the way?

People making distinctions and well-thought posts are not well received. Wait long enough and your silence will be violence.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This sounds like shut up and just play.  Why can Kid Rock, Dana White, etc voice their opinions but nfl players can?

They can say whatever they want, but no one wants them turning the sport into a political charade and using the influence of media to silence and worse destroy people who disagree like Drew Brees. 

Worse they shouldn't force on us a league doing it. Personal stuff, go ahead, but don't make it about the lies this is about Kaep is right, they is a capitulation to the mob. 

What @Jerome007 said was right. They are decimating people's fanhood in the league, mine included. 

9 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why do you assume they would lose viewership? I'm sure they ran the numbers.

Not an assumption. Look up ratings over the last decade as it drops. Look at the NBA this playoff time because it's happening there too. 

• Like (+1) 1