What do you expect out of our offense game 1?

5 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

I agree, John. I’d be shocked to see an air it out gameplan..a simple gameplan that focuses on our higher talent level should suffice. I expect a low scoring, basic, and sloppy game. 

Agree also!  Run the ball and draw plays.  The weather is supposed to be rain with gusty winds.

8 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I actually think the weird offseason furthers the gap between the 2 teams. The Bills return basically the same team and coaches. The Jets have a lot more turnover especially on the OL. I think the 2nd game between the 2 teams is closer than this one.

Yeah, this is where I’m at also.  I feel like the people who expect the Jets to compete are channeling the way we used to feel during the drought.  You see glimpses of some things in camp that give you some optimism, but deep down you know it’s not going to be pretty.

On the other side, it’s remarkable to me how some people still think Josh Allen won’t improve.  Just startling.  A guy who works that hard, who played really well at times last season, and is still learning.  I’d like somebody to explain to me, logically, why anyone would believe he reached his plateau already.

This game will be a convincing win for our Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

I'd wanna get diggs going, deep crossers - they can't handle brown and diggs in man coverage at the 2nd level so just keep hammering them.  Redzone i'd like to see some read option stuff with singletary/moss to avoid hits to allen early on.  

7 hours ago, Raleigh • √eff said:

No huddle and spread attack, similar to how they started game 1 of last season vs the Jets. No huddle forces Gregg Williams blitz heavy defense into more vanilla looks. I think Josh hits on a deep score after some underneath stuff. 27-14 Bills. 

I'm for it - take advantage of communication issues as well. They're missing their starter at MLB and they traded an all-pro SS.  The d-line is still strong there so running it right towards them probably isn't the best solution.

While I can see the Jets potentially having a sloppy game I expect McDermott to have the Bills well disciplined right out of the chute on the

defense and offense.  The special teams is going to be a question mark.

The only way the Bills could lose this game is if they beat themselves on the offensive side of the ball along with bad ST play.

Without the fans I get a feeling that Josh will not get over hyped (which I think has been a big weakness in his play) and could have a career game.

15 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

What do you expect out of our offense game 1?

The usual.

I expect to see them on the field. I expect them to give maximum effort. I expect them to put up some yards. I expect players to be filling the positions of right guard and right tackle.

The rest isn't expectations, it's guesses. And pretty uninformed guesses at this point. I have some serious hopes, but I don't suppose they're all that different from most here.

Edited by Thurman#1

I fully expect the Bills to open up the passing game.  

-  The release of Patrick DiMarco signals the Bills are moving away from the power-run game, and into a spread system.  We no longer have a true fullback on the roster, and I can't see too many scenarios where we don't want Diggs/Brown/Beasley on the field at the same time.

-  Our coaches usually scheme based on opponent, and the Jets defense is clearly weakest on its back-end.  Especially after trading away Jamal Adams.  We clearly have the advantage in the passing game, as opposed to trying to grind out yardage.

19 minutes ago, H2o said:

Honestly, I expect a balanced attack with our team putting up around 450yds of total offense. Somewhere between 150-175yds rushing and 250-300yds passing. 

Bills 34 - Jets 16

For an offense that average less than 300 yards and 19 points last year, that would be a great start.

im pretty sure the Jets suck and not worried about the defense in the slightest but I need to see it from the offense first.  I think they move the ball but settle for fields goals.  

Bills 23 - Jets 13 

42 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

For an offense that average less than 300 yards and 19 points last year, that would be a great start.

im pretty sure the Jets suck and not worried about the defense in the slightest but I need to see it from the offense first.  I think they move the ball but settle for fields goals.  

Bills 23 - Jets 13 

I'm sure I am a bit on the optimistic side, but I think the continuity that we have on both sides of the ball is going to be huge for us. Especially in the beginning of the year without having had a preseason. I also see Moss as a sizable upgrade over Frank Gore. Throw in Diggs clearing space out even more for Beasley, Brown, and Knox? Boom!!!  :thumbsup:

Edited by H2o

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

While I can see the Jets potentially having a sloppy game I expect McDermott to have the Bills well disciplined right out of the chute on the

defense and offense.  The special teams is going to be a question mark.

The only way the Bills could lose this game is if they beat themselves on the offensive side of the ball along with bad ST play.

Without the fans I get a feeling that Josh will not get over hyped (which I think has been a big weakness in his play) and could have a career game.

Seriously? I think both teams will be messy and sloppy, and not because they haven't practiced hard or care.  But no pre-season and it's Game 1.

I binge watched Hard Knocks 1-3 last night, and there was a scene where one of the position coaches was harping on paying attention while running drills.

He emphasized that he guarantees Game 1 will be sloppy and filled with mistakes like jumping off-sides, etc.  He was trying to get the guys aware in camp so to minimize it.  

I agree with him.  The game will be sloppy.

I wonder if the lack of a crowd will help the Bills or both teams.  Might feel more like a scrimmage and less like a real game, which might calm nerves.

Edited by Nextmanup

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Seriously? I think both teams will be messy and sloppy, and not because they haven't practiced hard or care.  But no pre-season and it's Game 1.

I binge watched Hard Knocks 1-3 last night, and there was a scene where one of the position coaches was harping on paying attention while running drills.

He emphasized that he guarantees Game 1 will be sloppy and filled with mistakes like jumping off-sides, etc.  He was trying to get the guys aware in camp so to minimize it.  

I agree with him.  The game will be sloppy.

I wonder if the lack of a crowd will help the Bills or both teams.  Might feel more like a scrimmage and less like a real game, which might calm nerves.

I am.  I bet McDermott has been pushing the mental part of the game all week especially since there hasn't been any preseason games.

As for the lack of fans and crowd noise, I really believe that Josh gets too amped up at times at home and it will help him.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Bills 23 - Jets 13 

they averaged 330 a game last year BTW... They have a young improving qb and are improved on paper.... its not hard to see how they will be able to see a nice uptick on offense this year.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1