What do you expect out of our offense game 1?

52 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Gotta tell ya. I know the Bills have made a move in Diggs to open up the passing game but I'm kinda old school. I want to see the offense attack the strength of the Jets defense. Run defense. I want to see Moss and Singletary utilized in the run game against their D to the point it demoralizes them. Screens, sweeps, off tackle, counters. Chunks after chunks of yardage pounding the rock into their front 7. And then when they cheat up the box to stop it, BANG!!! Diggs, Smoke or Sauce for the TD. It's just so fun watching an opposing D hang their heads down in a helpless state with no answers.

They can do that after they get a lead.  The pass game is the play against that secondary.

1 hour ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Well last year Daboll started the game throwing the ball a ton and never let up.  Allen had 37 attempts to only 14 rush attempts for Gore/Singletary.  And it was a one score game most of the time.

I expect the same.  Attack their weakness and see what we have with Diggs, Knox, Brown and company.  Pass early and often, get a big lead, and then run Moss in the fourth quarter. 

I would love to see us adopt an unconventional offense similar to what they are doing in Baltimore and with an emphasis on Josh running with the football.  It's the only thing he does that is dangerous.

However, I don't think we will see it.  

• Like (+1) 1

What I expect to see this Sunday & all through this season is a more explosive offense than what we've seen in the last 2 yrs. This will take way more

pressure off of our defense and that will enable them to be more rested in the 4th quarter.  If the offense can regularly put up say, 28+ points a game,  It'll

be really tough for other teams to stay with the Bills. That's my 2 cents.             Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

Expect?  I've been in this game long enough to EXPECT the Bills to come out and completely underwhelm. Jumping offside, holding penalties, fumbles, INTs, mind boggling decisions..  These are the things I've come to EXPECT from the Bills offense.  Would I like to be surprised by a competent showing?  Yes I would.  Am I betting money on that? No chance.

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Haha (+1) 2

Look at the Jets secondary and then look at the Bills pass catchers. Someone PLEASE explain to me what they see to make them believe that the Bills will face ANY sort of resistance? In “camp” they’ve been able to throw the ball on the Bills secondary which is arguably the NFL’s best. The Jets are possibly the NFL’s worst. I just don’t see how they can hang. 

I just don't know what to say to anyone who doesn't believe the Bills will throw it all over the field on Sunday.  This is a STATEMENT game.  Diggs is here.  They are going to do everything in their power to establish that connection and show the league this is no longer a pop gun offense.  Josh will have 35 pass attempts.

• Like (+1) 4

I’d like to see a dominant phase of the world offense. Not just efficient, or better, or taking advantage of, but dominant. I’d like to see them consistently move the chains, few three and outs. If it’s a surgical passing game or rushing for 250 yards. But we have to have something pushing elite on the offensive side of the ball.

That said, if we lean on the rushing attack, I’d hate to see us with Diggs throw for 56%, 180 yards, 1 TD 1 INT. With the addition of Diggs, I would love to see us at league average even when leaning heavily on the run. Maybe 225 yards 1 TD zero turn overs, get few third and long. 

Defensively, we were great last year with a couple of games that were clunkers relative to our own average performance. Based on personnel moves and camp reports, this should be a great opportunity to hit the ground running. A clunker would be disappointing but would love to set the standard in week one.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I honestly think that push the Jets all over the field. They take advantage of that trash secondary and pump balls to Diggs. I said 31-10 and feel like it may not ever be that close. The Jets will get a little better as the year goes on but there is an enormous talent gap between the 2 teams.  Add the Bills continuity in a abnormal offseason and it is a recipe for a massacre. 

My ask is different than my gut feeling. Unsure why, but I think this game is closer than we would like. Within 2 possessions until the last 7 minutes is my guess. 

For all the hate Greggo gets, his defenses have performed. Darnold can occasionally pull a rabbit out of the hat.

If this off-season were normal I think I’d have a different take. 

I'm expecting a quick passing offense. All of our WRs have favorable matchups. I don't trust our running game in this one. Short and intermediate throws all day long. Jets safeties are decent but we should be able to complete a deep pass or two if Allen has actually fixed his problem with that. If anyone is expecting the Chiefs offense they will be disappointed but I think we will be efficient and have little trouble putting them away early.

The no second contract Josh folks are out in force with their usual insight. I expect some uneven play because of no preseason games and the strangeness of the post-Covid world. Still think there will be some explosive plays and the potential for the offense will be evident. Those who continue to paint Allen as a glorified running back will be eating crow by the end of the season if the league doesn't shut down.

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, Mango said:

My ask is different than my gut feeling. Unsure why, but I think this game is closer than we would like. Within 2 possessions until the last 7 minutes is my guess. 

For all the hate Greggo gets, his defenses have performed. Darnold can occasionally pull a rabbit out of the hat.

If this off-season were normal I think I’d have a different take. 

I actually think the weird offseason furthers the gap between the 2 teams. The Bills return basically the same team and coaches. The Jets have a lot more turnover especially on the OL. I think the 2nd game between the 2 teams is closer than this one.

• Like (+1) 2

The late, great Phil Ranallo would be so proud of some of these predictions. So, in that spirit: 

Bills  63

Jets   2*

*Allen takes an intentional safety as he runs up the tunnel as time expires on the last play of the game. 

Seriously? I see a sloppy game by both teams with numerous procedure penalties. Bill will win because our D is so cohesive in the back seven. 

• Like (+1) 1