What do you expect out of our offense game 1?

27 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

At what point can we expect and demand the offense to look efficient and put up points?

Lol. My negativity? I'm not the one predicting a sloppy offensive game like many who seem to be preparing themselves to not be disappointed. 

Like I said, we are at the point where we should expect good, consistent performances offensively. 

Do you know the difference between negativity and being realistic? C’mon, Scott. Your negativity has been readily apparent in these parts for several years now. It precedes every post you make. If the Bills don’t win in a certain way, you will pan their performance. It’s like clockwork. And as someone suggested above, even if we blow them out while racking up outrageous stats, you will come back with, “It’s just the Jets.” 

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

Don’t worry, we still have Lee Smith so he’s got the first part covered. :)  Hopefully a new and still improving Josh with new weapons has the second part covered. 

But it is NEVER in the bag until the Fat Lady sings! That goes for all season long. 

I also expect McD to have them more prepared and organized than most teams. I pray I’m not disappointed there. 

yeah, Lee’s good for at least 7 false starts a season. 

33 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

If they blow out the Jets I’ll come back with “great game and that’s what I expected.”’

Why is a ***** offensive performance “being realistic?” 

We’ve covered that. This offense has never been a juggernaut to begin with and, whether you give it any credence or not, they haven’t had the benefit of live action and other essential development opportunities this offseason. So, given those factors, it’s “realistic” to expect hiccups in the first game of the season. You see that as “excuses”, I see it as simply being “realistic” about the situation. 

Allen to throw more then 200 yards.........

Seriously, I would like to see an offence that looks capable of competing with the better offences and not having to rely on the defence being dominant to win a game. It would be nice to see an offence that teams feel they need to slow down or stop to stay in a game and isn't going to be afraid to run up a score. The last few years it seems very few teams felt the need to worry about the Bills offence taking over the game, they felt they needed to get a few score and their defence to play well enough to win because they wouldn't be running up the score. Anytime the Bills were talked about, they barely mentioned the offence, it was all about how well the defence played to keep them in games so the offence could do just enough to get a win.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Seriously, I would like to see an offence that looks capable of competing with the better offences and not having to rely on the defence being dominant to win a game. It would be nice to see an offence that teams feel they need to slow down or stop to stay in a game and isn't going to be afraid to run up a score. The last few years it seems very few teams felt the need to worry about the Bills offence taking over the game, they felt they needed to get a few score and their defence to play well enough to win because they wouldn't be running up the score. Anytime the Bills were talked about, they barely mentioned the offence, it was all about how well the defence played to keep them in games so the offence could do just enough to get a win.

Took the words out of my mouth. 

27 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

We better score 24 or I'm going to be pissed.

You might be pissed.  Doesn't mean we won't win, I think we will and are the better team, but Josh is going to struggle to points on the board all year.   

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

It all comes down to Josh Allen.  As I've been saying for at least the last year, the excuses END this season.

He has to do it.  I don't want to hear about potential anymore.

I expect them not to play down to their competition. For as long as I can remember even under McD the Bills always seem to keep it interesting even against lesser teams. There's no Mosely, Adams, Williamson, Mims, etc. etc. etc.

Bills should win even when the Jets are at full strength. Tomorrow they better win by 17 easily. If McD starts nursing a 14 point lead I'm going to lose it!