What do you expect out of our offense game 1?

6 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It comes off as if you don’t trust the Bills offense. Maybe your not as optimistic as you seem to be?

Not putting a whole lot of credence into the “COVID offseason lack of rhythm” excuse. This offense has been together for 3 years now. If they aren’t firing on all cylinders it won’t be because of the shortned offseason, it will just be more of the same from the Daboll lead offense. 

This offense has been together for three years now? Must be that new math I’ve heard so much about. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Third year in the Daboll offense. Essentially every starter returning. 

I count two of 11 guys on offense who have been in this offense for three years. Two; QB and LT. Four of five OL and all the rest of the skill players have no more than one year in the system. 

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Fair enough. The QB is in his 3rd year with the same offense and essentially everyone else returning for the 2nd season. I guess your missing the point... the “well it was a COVID shortened offseason” excuse really shouldn’t be an excuse, but I’m sure it will be all over the place if the Bills struggle offensively. 

There are no “excuses” so you can get off that train. If you think that an unprecedented off season of extremely limited preparation and no live action to speak of prepares a team to hit on all cylinders from the opening kickoff, good for you. Those of us who have been around the game know how important a full off season of preparation can be, from OTAs to a full slate of preseason games. Especially when it comes to hitting. But who knows, maybe they’ll surprise me. I’m just not expecting it since this offense was a work in progress as it is. 

On 9/9/2020 at 9:43 PM, eball said:

I just don't know what to say to anyone who doesn't believe the Bills will throw it all over the field on Sunday.  This is a STATEMENT game.  Diggs is here.  They are going to do everything in their power to establish that connection and show the league this is no longer a pop gun offense.  Josh will have 35 pass attempts.

I agree.  Bills actually have matchup advantages all over the field in a way that we have forgotten about what it means.  Spread the field, 11 or 10 personnel maybe no huddle.  No DiMarco or a real attempt to replace him means something to me.  But...............

9-13-20 Weather in OP.JPG

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I know... the offense has been a work in progress for years now. 

If the offense struggles with the same mistakes and miscues we saw last year,  im not dumb enough to chalk it up to the COVID offseason. 

There is just no satisfying your negativity. We could play the perfect game offensively,  but if it’s not to your statistical liking, you will wallow in that. Enjoy your misery. 

On 9/9/2020 at 7:48 PM, John from Riverside said:

I want more passing like everyone else.....but dont be shocked if you see a conservative game plan in game one with no OTA's or preseason this year.....the easiest thing for a offense to do is run the ball and I expect a lot of that game one.

I keep hearing talk of a jets blowout......dont be suprised if the game is tighter because we are keeping the ball on the ground.

I want to look like the Chief's...

I expect it to look like last year. 

An up and down performance from Allen, around 200 yards passing, 1 TD, 1 Int. 

The defense keeping the score low so the offense can manage.

At least this year we won't have Frank Gore wasting downs at 3 yards per carry. 

22 hours ago, BillsToast said:

Bills win with a score of 17-13 and super sloppy

Other predictions...

Josh looks like crap passing, runs effectively

We run effectively enough to win

Our defense steals the show... again

I agree with this. 

IMHO I think ... or rather I hope ... the game mirrors the Chiefs/Texans game. I'm one of those guys who really wants to see Josh passing for more yards however, I think we should dominate this game from the get go so Josh Doesn't NEED to pass for a ton. I want to see efficient passing/running to start off but when we build up a lead throttle down the passing game and pass only when we need to. I'd be overjoyed with scoring 31 to 34 points and Josh only having 200 yards passing.

On 9/9/2020 at 6:48 PM, John from Riverside said:

I want more passing like everyone else.....but dont be shocked if you see a conservative game plan in game one with no OTA's or preseason this year.....the easiest thing for a offense to do is run the ball and I expect a lot of that game one.

I keep hearing talk of a jets blowout......dont be suprised if the game is tighter because we are keeping the ball on the ground.

I think jets strength on defense is their DL and weakness is their CB’s , 

I think we are going to attack their CB’s all day long 

10 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

fully prepared for a botched gameplan from daboll for the first half. He has put Allen in terrible situations from day 1 and I don't expect any different this weekend 

Those are some high expectations 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dragoon said:

What do I expect? I expect a little sloppiness. And I expect no less than 24 points. 

Don’t worry, we still have Lee Smith so he’s got the first part covered. :)  Hopefully a new and still improving Josh with new weapons has the second part covered. 

But it is NEVER in the bag until the Fat Lady sings! That goes for all season long. 

I also expect McD to have them more prepared and organized than most teams. I pray I’m not disappointed there. 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1