First Coach Fired This Season and When

Big Gun

There are obvious choices such as Gase, Quinn, Marone, O'Brien.  But i'm gonna go with a dark horse.  The Eagles are nothing without Reich and are slowly declining each year since winning the SB.  If they don't live up to expectations or if they fall flat early, I think we could see Pederson getting axed.  With how crazy this season is, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any mid-season firings, so expect all of these individuals to be fired at the end of the season and Pederson will be the first one.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

There are obvious choices such as Gase, Quinn, Marone, O'Brien.  But i'm gonna go with a dark horse.  The Eagles are nothing without Reich and are slowly declining each year since winning the SB.  If they don't live up to expectations or if they fall flat early, I think we could see Pederson getting axed.  With how crazy this season is, I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see any mid-season firings, so expect all of these individuals to be fired at the end of the season and Pederson will be the first one.

The Eagles are a fairly stable organization.  I doubt they make such a drastic move,  Their trouble has been that Wentz hasn't lived up to the same potential as the success of Foles.  Two different things. but not everything is equal in today's world.

13 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Dan Quinn.  Week 13.  Good luck in the NFC South.

Yeah, I thought Quinn was going to get it last year then the Falcons played well down the stretch seemingly saving his job, we'll see about him. I also think Patricia, Taylor, and Lynn could go before my pick of Marrone. IDK, I also agree with the up post that says it's a strange season so they will all get more slack this year, we'll see. They 're not all going to keep their jobs.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

They might need to make the decision to move on from Ryan soon. A decade ago I would have agreed to ride out the next few years, but QB’s who can find employment seem to be playing to 40 and beyond. Ryan might think he has five or more years left in him. 

They really can't move on from that contract for at least 2 more years. And even then, moving on in 3 years, the dead money is still at $26M.

That might be the time to clean house, and give the new GM a one-year excuse to tank since he'll be "handcuffed by old contracts". Then rebuild from there.

Or just ride it all out and he'll be 39 at the end of the deal. Will be interesting to keep an eye on how it's handled.

in season firings will be down dramatically, due to cover from Covid complications

with no fans, revenue and cash will be down substantially

without fans, the negative reaction to bad coaching will be muted as well

this will suppress the urge to pay multiple coaches to not work

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2020 at 4:44 PM, jeremy2020 said:

I'm going with Bill O'Brien. He's been making power plays against people in the org for years. If Hopkins remains amazing in Arizona and the corpse he got in return doesn't light it up...I could see him finally getting the axe. 

great call.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 9/9/2020 at 5:44 PM, jeremy2020 said:

I'm going with Bill O'Brien. He's been making power plays against people in the org for years. If Hopkins remains amazing in Arizona and the corpse he got in return doesn't light it up...I could see him finally getting the axe. 

WINNER!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1