First Coach Fired This Season and When

Big Gun

I’m with a couple of guys in Patricia.  Nothing against him, just he’s been even worse than if you can believe it Gase, Maroon, and even Nagy. They will all be gone though by the end of the year and I’m sure a couple more.  I’ll add, I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re thinking of a death watch by the end of the year, Quinn in Hotlanta if they don’t turn it around, O’Brien, and a real long shot in Lynn.  I think they hang with him if he gives them something this year.  It’s hard enough with a new no fans stadium, and a new QB.

37 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think a lot of coaches will skate this year with the weird situation. But Gase and Marrone are great choices.

Agreed.  Also, unless you have a young coach you want to see if they are potential head coach, why even do it mid season?  In fact if your season is going down the drain, why not keep the bad head coach to get a high draft pick?  Sometimes you change coaches and you get a lucky win that ruins your draft slot. 

20 minutes ago, billsfan28277 said:

Marrone will last the year but not be there for next year.  With the total "Tank for Trevor" in full swing, there is no way Jags will let Marrone near him next year.  EJ had issues but Marrone didn't help him one bit.

EJ probably wasn’t good enough but the Bills make sure he won’t be.  I was wonder about the bills doing the same with Allen but they got it together nicely. 

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It blows my mind that Blank decided to roll with Quinn and Dimitroff for another year.

Agreed.  Was stunned the regime stuck around.  He fired Mike Smith for a lot less (he had a 66-46 record!), and the Falcons window is very small.  Matt Ryan is 35.  

Smith was also the superior drafting "influence" to Dimitroff.  Most of the big Q/D picks are already off the Falcons.