Will Epenesa be inactive on Sunday? Interesting scenario

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I mean, if your top pick isn't dressing, that is unquestionably abnormal and is not a great sign.

Ciao Giuseppe!  Actually it's sometimes a sign that your team is pretty good!  :)  Younger guys on the board here might not remember, but back in the early 90s, our first picks didn't see a lot of playing time their first season -- Henry Jones and John Fina spring to mind. 

Edited by Stranded in Boston
  • Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

If your top pick isn't dressing, he's nude. We can't have that in Buffalo, especially in winter. 

Been there, done that on a 2nd round pick.  I just hope if Epenesa busts he doesn't ask the cops to shoot him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I mean, if your top pick isn't dressing, that is unquestionably abnormal and is not a great sign.

Maybe he's the next Aaron Maybin.  Common sense says that if he really impressed in camp, he wouldn't be inactive.

• Like (+1) 2

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jaquan Johnson? He’s the leader of the ST unit according to the ST coach 

Well then, paint my fingernails and call be b!tch then. 😁

I think they would be dressing too many guys who are strictly STers when the KO is basically non-existent in today's NFL.

I would think they would need to dress the 9 DLmen for the opener.

Edited by njbuff

19 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Well then, paint my fingernails and call be b!tch then. 😁

I think they would be dressing too many guys who are strictly STers when the KO is basically non-existent in today's NFL.

I would think they would need to dress the 9 DLmen for the opener.

Kick offs are around 28% returned.  

Punts are more than that.

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The glass half full version would be it’s a sign of a very talented and deep roster (and position) that is not desperate for a rookie playing in his first professional game. I know, I know....it would be a lot more fun to see our shiny new toy because he’s been tearing it up, but there is a positive way to see it, too. 

Speaking of shiny new toys, Diggs could be called our first pick, and I am SUPER excited to see him in a Bills uniform! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s funny how things happen. There were people that were ADAMANT that the Bills would have taken AJE in the 1st round if they had a pick. Imagine if that were the case and he wasn’t active week 1?!? Epenesa fell into the Bills’ lap but he wasn’t on top of their board heading into day 2. He’s a role player and that’s fine. He will work his way onto the field and be a solid all-around player. This isn’t some athletic freak though that we should expect double-digit sacks from. He’s kind of like Shaq. 

Who was ahead of him on their board .. does anyone know? What led to this conclusion.. seriously interested.