Jets released unofficial depth chart - Chris Hogan is starting

CorkScrewHill

5 new OL (they HAD to overhaul it!) doesn’t automatically mean they’ll suck even more than the bums they trotted out last year. We, too, put 5 new OL starters on the field last Opener and overcame enough procedure penalties and brain farts to beat them there.

Jets are an easy team to mock. They’re a perennial Clown Car. But they’ve always had talent and pull off upsets every year.(Win = an upset)  I don’t see the Bills getting caught looking past them and handling their business here. We MUST win games we’re expected to -especially Division games.

• Like (+1) 11

17 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

5 new OL (they HAD to overhaul it!) doesn’t automatically mean they’ll suck even more than the bums they trotted out last year. We, too, put 5 new OL starters on the field last Opener and overcame enough procedure penalties and brain farts to beat them there.

Jets are an easy team to mock. They’re a perennial Clown Car. But they’ve always had talent and pull off upsets every year.(Win = an upset)  I don’t see the Bills getting caught looking past them and handling their business here. We MUST win games we’re expected to -especially Division games.

I think what makes it that much easier is the fact that they're a team that never really skimped on attaining talent in the hopes of putting together a quality roster.  Over paying players to lure them to NY in the hopes of success. Leveon Bell, CJ Mosely, Anthony Barr (before he defected), Tremaine Johnson, etc. only to see it blow up in their faces ala Cleveland. I'm sure it burns them up watching a rival build slowly through competent drafting and "smart" FA signings that results in long term stability. In 3 years McD and Beane have stripped this team of malcontents and horrible signings and built a culture driven, goal oriented team of quality players. 

Off the top of my head. J.Allen, D.Singletary, D. Dawkins, T. Edmunds, M. Milano, T. White, E. Oliver, H. Phillips, L. Wallace, Z. Moss, C. Ford, S.Neal, T. Johnson (All contributors and drafted by the Buffalo Bills)

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They are starting Hogan to get intel on the Bills.  Gase is playing 4D chess while everyone else is playing Checkers.  

He can give them great insight on Rex Ryan’s D.

• Haha (+1) 7

Hogan and Crowder are solid. I’m not going to just sit here and bash the Jets all week. If the Bills are as good as they are supposed to be, then they should take care of business at home. But I’m not going to act like this is going to be a laugher. This team is not built to blow people out. They don’t play that way. Even the wins are usually battles. Just find a way to get that first win and keep punching here. The schedule is very difficult. Every week is a test.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Hogan and Crowder are solid. I’m not going to just sit here and bash the Jets all week. If the Bills are as good as they are supposed to be, then they should take care of business at home. But I’m not going to act like this is going to be a laugher. This team is not built to blow people out. They don’t play that way. Even the wins are usually battles. Just find a way to get that first win and keep punching here. The schedule is very difficult. Every week is a test.

This is where I'm at.  On paper our team has talent at every level but we do kind of play to our opponent.  

I'll be pleasantly surprised with a 35-7 blowout but I expect a 17-6 type score.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jets are a dumpster fire with a HC that should never be allowed to be a HC again. I am confident they will stomp the Jets into the ground. A team that hates it's coach and a QB who sees ghosts.

57 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Gase's tenure in New Jersey has not been 4D chess, it's been closer to 'Sorry'.

image.thumb.jpeg.f19606dd20decc32c75b0e9caa179986.jpeg

He is an odd fella that's for sure.   Sometimes I wonder if he purposely takes jobs for franchises he hates as some sort of bad coach vigilante.   

22 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Jets are a dumpster fire with a HC that should never be allowed to be a HC again. I am confident they will stomp the Jets into the ground. A team that hates it's coach and a QB who sees ghosts.

I'd say its pretty bad when the best thing going for your franchise is Gregg Williams.

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Yes five new offensive lineman without a full off-season, training camp and preseason is going to be rough for them.  So is having to start the likes of Chris Hogan.

51 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

45 minutes ago, Capco said:

This is where I'm at.  On paper our team has talent at every level but we do kind of play to our opponent.  

I'll be pleasantly surprised with a 35-7 blowout but I expect a 17-6 type score.

Crowder is more than solid, he’s an excellent slot receiver.  Hogan is a last resort.  The Jets have two good receiving weapons — Crowder and Herndon.  If the Jests can’t get a run game going I think Hughes & Co. are going to eat Darnold up behind that brand new line.

This is also the first game under McD in which the Bills appear to have the pieces necessary to field a potent offense.  I don’t see them “playing down” to the Jests’ level.  The goal this season is to win the AFCE and McD will have them primed and ready for this division game.

• Like (+1) 1

So many variables this season, I will be happy with a W. I see the talent gap, coaching gap, etc but I also understand that this is the first time a lot of these guys have played without fans since probably a backyard game 10 years ago. 

Expect the unexpected, hope for a blowout. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

How are we not built to blow people out? What else could we possibly need? I feel like this can only be about Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

5 new OL?  I would send 5 people all day at Darnold.  Then on 3rd and long...send the house.

i've said this before on here but about 3 weeks ago i was listening to Brady Quinn on his NFL radio show on XM and he was asked what groups would have the hardest time adjusting to no offseason and with hesitation he went with OL. The first team that came to my mind was the Jets. People wanna run their team and the 2019 bills on a parallel, but i just dont agree. Our revamped offense last year had a whole offseason to work with one another. Thats just not the case for this jets team.

On a side note. Hughes gets to go against rookie LT's in 4 division games this year. He better be ready freakin HUNT against those youngsters.

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

i've said this before on here but about 3 weeks ago i was listening to Brady Quinn on his NFL radio show on XM and he was asked what groups would have the hardest time adjusting to no offseason and with hesitation he went with OL. The first team that came to my mind was the Jets. People wanna run their team and the 2019 bills on a parallel, but i just dont agree. Our revamped offense last year had a whole offseason to work with one another. Thats just not the case for this jets team.

On a side note. Hughes gets to go against rookie LT's in 4 division games this year. He better be ready freakin HUNT against those youngsters.

I'm thinking we could see an 8 sack season for Hughes.  

• Like (+1) 1