Former Jets C Jonotthan Harrison visiting Bills this week

YoloinOhio

40 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Note that Sal C. listed Boehm as one of the four "Protected" Practice Squad guys, for this week. With that in mind, this move is telling: they are definitely concerned about backup center.

Along with corner, I noticed. I hope Morse isn’t injured. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Bates and Boettger can play center, but aren’t natural centers like Boehm is. I’m guessing Bates is the #2 guy on the depth chart. There is depth there, but if you think Harrison is better than those guys, it makes sense to kick the tires. I don’t think he would replace Boettger or Bates. I think this team really likes those guys, and I think they would lose them to other teams if released. Just my opinion. 

Agree. I think they bring a guy like Harrison in because if Morse goes down and Feliciano is not back they would bring a vet in. So worth working vets out. But while Morse is healthy they would rather hold onto their own developmental guys.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree. I think they bring a guy like Harrison in because if Morse goes down and Feliciano is not back they would bring a vet in. So worth working vets out. But while Morse is healthy they would rather hold onto their own developmental guys.

I think within the next couple of years Bates will be a starter.

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am less high on Bates than most. I think I am higher on Boettger though. 

Interested on why you are high on Boettger.  He was really bad in week 17 last year and hasn't shown much in any of the games he has played.  Him making the team year after year, is always baffling to me.

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am less high on Bates than most. I think I am higher on Boettger though. 

Why so?  it appears Bates as a backup has out shined Boettger as a backup at pretty much every turn from what I have seen or read.

Go Bills!!!

9 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Interested on why you are high on Boettger.  He was really bad in week 17 last year and hasn't shown much in any of the games he has played.  Him making the team year after year, is always baffling to me.

I thought Bates was really bad week 17. I agree Boettger wasn't brilliant either but I think he has shown some bits in pre-season and his bits of action in 2018. 

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Why so?  it appears Bates as a backup has out shined Boettger as a backup at pretty much every turn from what I have seen or read.

Go Bills!!!

Because I disagree that Bates has been better. I am not really arguing Boettger has either.... I think they are pretty similar. The consensus is high on Bates and low on Boettger. I have them pretty level. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/9/2020 at 6:01 AM, GunnerBill said:

I thought Bates was really bad week 17. I agree Boettger wasn't brilliant either but I think he has shown some bits in pre-season and his bits of action in 2018. 

Because I disagree that Bates has been better. I am not really arguing Boettger has either.... I think they are pretty similar. The consensus is high on Bates and low on Boettger. I have them pretty level. 

I mean it was his first year in the NFL.