Former Jets C Jonotthan Harrison visiting Bills this week

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There is always the old "bring the guy in from the opponent we're playing next Sunday and pump him for intel" thing.....

Don’t the Pats* keep a roster spot open for just that reason???

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Long was cut weeks ago and then retired.

Backup center is an issue until Feliciano can come back.  Keep looking if they have doubts.

I believe Bates is currently the back up center. He’s Mr versatile on the O line. 

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't know if they keep a roster spot open, but they're forever bringing a guy in

It seems they get a comp pick every time! They just know the rules better than everyone else! 

:)

If the Bills can fit him on the roster, he's cheap depth for the interior line.  He has played games at center and both guard spots.  He lacks good agility, and will never be a threat to earn a starting spot.  I don't know if he would want to be on a practice squad after a few years as a salaried player, but if he accepts that role it would be well worth signing him.

Bates and Boettger can play center, but aren’t natural centers like Boehm is. I’m guessing Bates is the #2 guy on the depth chart. There is depth there, but if you think Harrison is better than those guys, it makes sense to kick the tires. I don’t think he would replace Boettger or Bates. I think this team really likes those guys, and I think they would lose them to other teams if released. Just my opinion. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I thought Boehm would be the backup center because Bobby Johnson but I guess it's Bates for now ?

Note that Sal C. listed Boehm as one of the four "Protected" Practice Squad guys, for this week. With that in mind, this move is telling: they are definitely concerned about backup center.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Bates and Boettger can play center, but aren’t natural centers like Boehm is. I’m guessing Bates is the #2 guy on the depth chart. There is depth there, but if you think Harrison is better than those guys, it makes sense to kick the tires. I don’t think he would replace Boettger or Bates. I think this team really likes those guys, and I think they would lose them to other teams if released. Just my opinion. 

So....late round picks as future trade bait? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1