Kumerow signs with the Bills PS

PromoTheRobot

3 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

Probably by giving him a week of pay and showing they are interested in him for the future.

He probably has a chance of being called back to the PS or invited to camp next year.

Its a certainty players will move from PS to the 53 man and slots open up.

I reached out to my Packers friends for info.  They said that Kumerow was known as "Packer Jesus" because he looks like Jesus and makes miracle catches.  Then he disappears for a few weeks.  Really inconsistent.  Great in certain moments, but invisible in others.  Different from Foster who was great for half a season and otherwise invisible.  And he doesn't look like Jesus.

10 minutes ago, hemma said:

Hodgins is already on IR.  He was IR'd when they brought back Roberts and Marlowe - Mongo Feliciano and Hodgins were IR'd

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

OT.   I suppose it's juvinile of me, but everytime I see Chris Brown now I just break out laughing thinking about him wearing a dunce cap and sitting in a corner of Kim Pegula's office...

Her cap says "President: Buffalo Sabres"

3 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Only two of those guys ever made the team, Da’Rick iirc never had a chance, and Sills just faded away,  ya still gotta have guys that have actually caught passes in games as backup/reserve players. So you can’t disparage/lump them all into one category. One hopes that the PS guys never have to be brought up to the 53, but ya still gotta have them on hand.

Go Bills!!!

Absolutely, Kumerow is a nice practice squad addition. He can step into the lineup if needed, because he has caught passes in this league. He’s also a practice squad level guy, and not much more imo. I’m simply poking fun at the potential for people to claim he’s some hidden gem who could be a great receiver. He really checks all the boxes to become a TBD legendary practice squad fan favorite. The truth is, he’s on his forth team, is twenty eight years old, and has caught twenty passes in his career. I’m sure he can help the practice squad, and is nice insurance, but I’d be shocked if he became anything more. 

• Like (+1) 1

I wonder who are staring gunners will be. It was a lot of Foster and Neal last year. Maybe Gabe Davis or Jaquan Johnson? I wonder if Kumerow is sitting by to see if he is needed more than say an Isiah McKenzie. I think we will probably see Kumerow or Duke swipe his spot in the next few weeks. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

16 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I wonder who are staring gunners will be. It was a lot of Foster and Neal last year. Maybe Gabe Davis or Jaquan Johnson? I wonder if Kumerow is sitting by to see if he is needed more than say an Isiah McKenzie. I think we will probably see Kumerow or Duke swipe his spot in the next few weeks. 

I think McKenzie has more love from our coaches than you believe.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

It's a good question.  Some of our Bills reporters followed up a cut report by saying "the Bills would like to have him back on the Practice Squad, per source" for a lot of the players the Bills cut.  I just had a good hunt, and didn't find something like that for Foster.

On the one hand, reportedly the Bills were trying to trade Croom and trade Foster, which you don't do with a speedster WR that you're still enthused about

On the other hand, the Bills did sign Croom to the PS...so perhaps Foster was frustrated and felt it is time to move on.

Kumerow does fit the model of "guy who tries to do everything" - from film clips, he can block, he can play ST etc.

Loving the new avatar Hapless!!

I would activate him over McKenzie and sign Switzer, Roberts can be traded and Switz Army Knife can take over returns and McKenzie's role as well as Defensive ST and 5th/6th receiver slot.

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

34 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Taiwan Jones and Siran Neal. Both good gunners.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think McKenzie has more love from our coaches than you believe.

Yep this is definitely true. But if there are a couple of weeks of inactivity from him on offense, I think they look at the others. If he is not providing an offensive spark, he’s not really serving a purpose on the roster imo. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Taiwan Jones and Siran Neal. Both good gunners.

Totally forgot about T. Jones. Playoffs PTSD has pushed him deep into a place in my brain. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Taiwan Jones I think will replace Foster there