DeAndre Hopkins contract extension

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

So not to be that guy but......

Diggs is on a REALLY Team friendly contract......I wonder if after this year there start to be rumblings by him and his camp on a new deal.

And I love that we brought in Diggs and was calling for it LOOONG before it happened

We already gave him some extra cash for showing up.  I could see him making an issue of this in 2 years+ but not anytime soon

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Diggs is on a REALLY Team friendly contract......I wonder if after this year there start to be rumblings by him and his camp on a new deal.

And I love that we brought in Diggs and was calling for it LOOONG before it happened

WR’s in general are a bunch of primadonna’s. I bet there is a lot of grumbling around the league this morning at the position, that if Hopkins is worth 27, they are worth <fill in the amount>. 

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

So shortening the field width by a 3rd is a bad thing?😳🤔

How does one CB cover a 1/3 of the field?  What if 3 WR’s all line up to his side?

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Diggs is going to ask for money after the season. 

6 minutes ago, Brennan Huff said:

Diggs will want a new contract next year

That's just speculation from both of you guys.  So because Hopkins signed for 27 million per all top receivers are going to ask for raises? 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I recall in an interview with Beane that next year will be when they look at it. Given the decline in the cap, however, they have a fair argument to push it out further. 

6 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well it will be interesting later this year when they play each other.

$27 Million WR vs. $17 Million CB.

Not really though.  I looked at the contract, and Chris Brown said it as well just now.  $3.2 mil. this year, about $15 mil. on his 5th year option as I wasn’t sure if that counted so the $70 mil. all added together over 6 years is an average of $14.66 mil./yr. through 2025.  He’ll be 30 and his contract will be beat by so many other CB’s it’s not even funny.  

This was a great deal for TW, and possibly Milano.  If Milano takes $13 mil./yr. so $52 mil., but add his last rookie year, it’s only $10.8 mil.  That’s not bad at all.  Lock up Beane and we are onto Edmunds next year, and Allen if it all works out in a couple of years.  Get ready for a team staying together and building on success year over year.  Someday, we could be the next Seahawks.  Not going to say Steelers as they have 50 years of history of success, but the Hawks sucked before Wilson, or at least were flashy as they did make the SB when they were robbed before Wilson.