Watching Bills games on TV(out of market)

CBennett

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

The NFL get Billions from broadcasting games. They didn't drop the ball

Sure they did they are literally refusing $$ from probably hundreds of thousands guys like me...when you start actively turning down $$ you dropped the ball. I mean whats better 10 Billion or 10 Billion or 10.75 Billion..thats the point im getting at

4 minutes ago, CBennett said:

Need the direcTV package also apparently says im not eligible. Forget it guys lets just close this topic i guess..the NFL dropped the ball on tis one and is stopping guys like me from spending $$ with them lol...itsn that odd...a guy like me is willing to spend $99-120 for a season "pass" just to watch the Bills....and they say..No thanks I dont want your $$$ so i guess thats on them. I give up...guess its the typical crap online feed or Sirius radio//maybe go down to the local bar and watch but not sure what they are offering in this Covid era...but thats the least wanted of my options....i like you yell and swear at my TV when im watching lol thats hard to do in public and I get uncomfortable in public because I cant "be myself" ;)

I don't know the rules for in-market vs. out-of-market.  I live farther away from Buffalo than you, but I have subscribed to NFL Game Pass for several years without problems and I have never had Direct TV.

Maybe you live close enough to Buffalo that you are considered in-market, even if your local TV station chooses to  broadcast other teams' games?

I live in Cincy now and love my Bills. I recently dumped DirecTV and Cincy is not one of the markets that NFL Sunday Ticket recently allowed to get the online version of Sunday Ticket (for $300). But, JUST NOW I signed my son up through the "student" package of Sunday Ticket (he goes to UK). It was only $99 for the whole season... all out of market games. I will be using his user name/password here (that BETTER work). I believe (hope) I can download the Sunday Ticket app on my "sort-of-smart" TV (using Amazon FireStick) and put in credentials there and watch Bills games on my big screen. If anyone cares, I can report back on Sunday if all works as I hope. If it does, and you're not in a market that allows for the online version of Sunday Ticket, maybe you have a kid, grand kid, friend, etc that goes to college that would be willing to let you do the same? You could even duke the kid $50 extra... still only pay $150 for the whole season. Ridiculous that we have to figure out these work-arounds to watch our team. Go Bills.  

9 minutes ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I don't know the rules for in-market vs. out-of-market.  I live farther away from Buffalo than you, but I have subscribed to NFL Game Pass for several years without problems and I have never had Direct TV.

Maybe you live close enough to Buffalo that you are considered in-market, even if your local TV station chooses to  broadcast other teams' games?

It just told me i needed Sunday ticket also for some reason..im 4 hours out in Central PA 4 hours from Buffalo

I'm moving Thursday and DirectTV came out to the new address last week and was unable to install a dish b/c of line of sight issues.  Supposedly in the next couple days my address will show as eligible for the streaming service.  I was wondering for people who use that service, are there recommendations for what device to use?  My Smart TV appears to be too old to get the app, so was wondering about firestick, roku stick, etc and whether you could pause / rewind etc.

2 minutes ago, CBennett said:

It just told me i needed Sunday ticket also for some reason..im 4 hours out in Central PA 4 hours from Buffalo

I live in Bradenton FL, an hour south of Tampa.  Guess what I will see EACH AND EVERY Sundee??  Ole Tommy boy and Gronk the Marauder with his big metal arm.  Effers!!!

I have for the past three years been going to a decent sports bar, met a bunch of Bills fans (WE ARE LEGION!) and enjoyed every minute of it.  You can spend as much as you want in the bar and it is most always a good time.  Except for the odd moment or two when the opposing fans are a-holes but management comes down on that real fast.  Bottom line other than getting crappy dish TV and Sunday ticket it will be hard to reliably get decent coverage of the game week in and week out.  One bright spot is Bills are getting better and more games now are national.....ain't easy being an outa town fan!

Best of luck and GO BILLS!!!!

5 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I live in Bradenton FL, an hour south of Tampa.  Guess what I will see EACH AND EVERY Sundee??  Ole Tommy boy and Gronk the Marauder with his big metal arm.  Effers!!!

I have for the past three years been going to a decent sports bar, met a bunch of Bills fans (WE ARE LEGION!) and enjoyed every minute of it.  You can spend as much as you want in the bar and it is most always a good time.  Except for the odd moment or two when the opposing fans are a-holes but management comes down on that real fast.  Bottom line other than getting crappy dish TV and Sunday ticket it will be hard to reliably get decent coverage of the game week in and week out.  One bright spot is Bills are getting better and more games now are national.....ain't easy being an outa town fan!

Best of luck and GO BILLS!!!!

yup thats why I looked...researched and ive given up being able to watch. I MAY go to the local sports bar but I dont know how they will be this year with this Covid crap...and like i said I cant yell and be myself like I could at home. so im not a fan of watching at the bar.......Satellites ALL suck every one..my parents had them for YEARS 3 different companies and every single one of them were snow/heavy rain/weather biased.....you dont know how many shows,games,TV things id be watching then it start to get all pixelated and then drop or keep that up all game all because of weather interference... after about the 50th time of that happening over the years I told myself...id never gt a dish ;)

so i give up I just figured they would have a NHL.com NHLTV type deal where I could pick up and just watch the Bills for between $99-150 and the dont so..so be it they dont get any $$ from me i guess...and I dont get to watch them on anything but the garbage internet feeds that 90% of the time are pure trash ;)

Edited by CBennett

18 minutes ago, BuffaloBillies said:

I live in Cincy now and love my Bills. I recently dumped DirecTV and Cincy is not one of the markets that NFL Sunday Ticket recently allowed to get the online version of Sunday Ticket (for $300). But, JUST NOW I signed my son up through the "student" package of Sunday Ticket (he goes to UK). It was only $99 for the whole season... all out of market games. I will be using his user name/password here (that BETTER work). I believe (hope) I can download the Sunday Ticket app on my "sort-of-smart" TV (using Amazon FireStick) and put in credentials there and watch Bills games on my big screen. If anyone cares, I can report back on Sunday if all works as I hope. If it does, and you're not in a market that allows for the online version of Sunday Ticket, maybe you have a kid, grand kid, friend, etc that goes to college that would be willing to let you do the same? You could even duke the kid $50 extra... still only pay $150 for the whole season. Ridiculous that we have to figure out these work-arounds to watch our team. Go Bills.  

I'm thinking of doing this. I have a couple of nieces that I know won't care if I use their info. 

Just now, CBennett said:

yup thats why I looked...researched and ive given up being able to watch. I MAY go to the local sports bar but I dont know how they will be this year with this Covid crap...and like i said I cant yell and be myself like I could at home. so im not a fan of watching at the bar.......Satellites ALL suck every one..my parents had them for YEARS 3 different companies and every single one of them were snow/heavy rain/weather biased.....you dont know how many shows,games,TV things id be watching then it start to get all pixelated and then drop or keep that up all game all because of weather interference... after about the 50th time of that happening over the years I told myself...id never gt a dish ;)

Dude - I am myself along with many of the others who are themselves at NFL games on TV, screaming, yelling and carrying on.  Made a few friends who ended up watching my game more than theirs sometimes!!!  Covid will make things interesting for sure.  The place I go too is VERY strict with their distancing and Ima gonna haveta be there early.  I tried 3 different bars before I found the one I go to now.  The bar manager knows me and tells me where he has the Bills on - he usually has a decent spot for us as he knows we will be there.....like I said....We Bills fans are LEGION!  And yeah I would stab myself constantly before I waste time money and energy on a dish.....I feel your pain.

2 hours ago, CBennett said:

Ok, im out of town/not in market my local games are Pitt and Eagles. other than some of the crappy online feeds(non official) and I absolutely will never have a satellite dish does the NFL have the equivalent of the NHL TV that you can watch online? Or again other than Satellite which I will never even consider because its trash(sorry if you work for a satellite company the service sucks) what are the options... I have Xfinity/Comcast as cable Co.

Sending you a PM....

1 hour ago, CBennett said:

I'm no expert on what's in-market, but that seems to me like you are far enough away from Buffalo that you would be considered out-of-market.  I went back and looked at the NFL Game Pass website, and it appears that some sort of promotion is being run that allows you to stream games over the Internet "live" (i.e., without the roughly 3 hour delay) if you subscribe to BOTH Direct TV and NFL Game Pass.

If you can figure out a way to contact a person (by phone or by email), tell them that you are NOT interested in the promotion that allows you to stream NFL games live, as they happen.  You  just want to  be able to stream the games on a delayed basis.  That doesn't require a Direct TV subscription.

If you''re considered out-of-market for Bills games, you're supposed to be able to sign up to watch broadcasts of Bills games on NFL Game Pass on a roughly 3 hour delay over the Internet,  without a Direct TV subscription, just like I've been doing.

Good luck!

Edit:  you can sign up for Game Pass even if you are considered "in-market."  See my post down-thread.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead
more info

2 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Once again I will post as I do every other year: Amazon needs to buy out all the broadcast rights and charge a couple hundred bucks for access to all games. Come on Bezos! You’re taking over the world in every other way- why not this??

The NFL would never allow one entity to hold the entire rights. An exclusive streaming deal will almost certainly be done with TNF or MNF first. I think we're a long way off from a streamer getting exclusive rights to CBS or FOX's Sunday package.

38 minutes ago, kenny3000 said:

I've been googling "Buffalo Bills v. _________ reddit buffstream" for the last 4 or 5 years and haven't been let down yet. As long as you can find one of the buffstream ones you should be good. 

I use Buffstream too for both Bills and Sabres.  It's pretty good quality/no commercials and it's a clean site security wise.

To  see how NFL Game Pass is supposed to work,  read the complete NFL Game Pass description here:

https://www.soda.com/video/watch/out-of-market-nfl-games/

"NFL Game Pass is the most complete method for out of market NFL streaming. This is the league’s official streaming service, and it offers football fans a way to watch ALL regular and postseason NFL games online, without cable TV! There are no local blackouts – you can watch literally any game from any team, from anywhere in the United States! NFL Game Pass is for on-demand viewing only. Live streaming is not available during the regular season."

https://www.soda.com/video/watch/buffalo-bills/

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead
Add content

3 hours ago, CBennett said:

I did and most of them are about the crappy online ones that are  as said not the "legal" ones and the other is about satelite...I just figured the NFL would be at least smart enough to have a package like the NHL does..I can get/watch all the Sabres games(and a few free bonus games) all season for like $99-120. you can ge the whole NHL for even more but I just figured the NFL would have a similar deal where you could just get/pick a team and get those games..think about it... I didnt really have to worry about this since what....98/99 so about 20 years till NOW....now that they are at least watchable again I was trying to actually watch.

Unfortunately, the NFL is about a decade behind in this aspect. Somehow they got locked into that ridiculous Direct TV contract .... D. TV beat them at their own game. Now we all have to suffer for it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SC BIlls Fan said:

You can watch every Bills game that's on CBS for 6 bucks/month when you sign up for CBS all access. It don't give you all the games. Only the ones CBS Broadcasts.

Now if this is true this would give you access to almost every game..and the games that are not CBS would probably be primetime or fox and those are the minority i think

5 minutes ago, CBennett said:

Now if this is true this would give you access to almost every game..and the games that are not CBS would probably be primetime or fox and those are the minority i think

I called CBS.  They said no.  I think on CBS All Access you can see replays, but not the live game.