15. Jamal Adams, S, Seattle Seahawks

14. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Arizona Cardinals

13. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, 49ers

12. Jalen Ramsey, CB, Los Angeles Rams

11. Jadeveon Clowney, DE, Tennessee Titans

10. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints

9. Joe Burrow, QB, Cincinnati Bengals

8. Josh Allen, QB, Buffalo Bills
There might not be a wider range of potential outcomes for any player on this list. The Bills’ focus this offseason was clear: Surround Allen with a strong supporting cast to see what his ceiling is. The issues with Allen’s accuracy have been well-documented. He ranked 35th out of 39 quarterbacks in completion percentage above expectation last season. When Allen misses, he often misses badly and then gets mocked on social media through a series of six-second clips. But there’s obvious talent and upside. Allen made a big leap from his rookie season to his second year, and no quarterback was more hurt by drops in 2019. The Bills are talented enough to make a deep playoff run. But if Allen disappoints, they might be looking for a short-term fix at quarterback in 2021, given that they have a Super Bowl-caliber roster.

7. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers

6. Patrick Mahomes, QB, Kansas City Chiefs

5. Dak Prescott QB, Dallas Cowboys

4. Cam Newton, QB, New England Patriots

3. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers

2. Lamar Jackson, QB, Baltimore Ravens

1. Tom Brady, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
He’s attempting to do what no quarterback has ever done: start more than six games at age 43 or older. Brady and the Buccaneers have a lot going for them. The offensive line should be competent, and Mike Evans and Chris Godwin are among the best wide receiver duos in the league. Other than age and injury, the big concern for Brady is accuracy. He ranked 32nd out of 39 quarterbacks in completion percentage above expectation last season. Then again, he didn’t have a lot to work with. A popular comparison has been Peyton Manning joining the Broncos for the final stage of his career. But Manning was 36 at the time. What Brady is attempting to do is unprecedented. The NFC is wide open, and the Buccaneers have a talented defense. There’s a scenario where Brady looks like he did a couple years ago, and Tampa makes a Super Bowl run. They have that kind of ceiling.

• Like (+1) 1

I know that completion % is one of the key metrics to measure QB play, but I really don’t care if Josh finishes with 58.8% or 61.3%.  The metric that matters is wins and loses.  Why do they never point out how clutch he is late in games bringing his team back to win?  Do they watch the Bills enough to know that Allen never takes the easy 5 yard completion on 3rd and 10 to pad his stats, but will instead try to complete a harder pass that will actually keep the drive alive?  Do they mention he was eighth in the League in rushing TDs last season?  How valuable is that ability?  Do they talk about his intense desire to win typified by him jumping into a scrum and picking up a fumbled snap in Dallas and out muscling the entire Dallas D-line to convert a critical 4th down?

At the end of the day, does Allen do more to win games for this team than he does to lose them?  I think the answer is clearly yes.  Pointing out completion % is just more lazy reporting from national sports writers who don’t watch Allen play enough to have an informed opinion and just fall back on the widely accepted narrative on Allen.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

This has to be in the running for one of the laziest football articles that  I have had the misfortune to read... never getting that time back...

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

If he adds an accurate deep ball to his current game, this team wins 12-14 games. He doesn't need to go 67%, his game is predicated on balling out and chunk plays. He just hasn't hit on the home run ball enough

From the little footage that has come out of training camp, looks like he is hitting them in perfect stride, as good as he ever has. Im pumped to see that happen in live action. 

It's the prettiest play in football, a high arching pass, a WR perfectly running under it. Just a thing of beauty 

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I know that completion % is one of the key metrics to measure QB play, but I really don’t care if Josh finishes with 58.8% or 61.3%.  The metric that matters is wins and loses.  Why do they never point out how clutch he is late in games bringing his team back to win?  Do they watch the Bills enough to know that Allen never takes the easy 5 yard completion on 3rd and 10 to pad his stats, but will instead try to complete a harder pass that will actually keep the drive alive?  Do they mention he was eighth in the League in rushing TDs last season?  How valuable is that ability?  Do they talk about his intense desire to win typified by him jumping into a scrum and picking up a fumbled snap in Dallas and out muscling the entire Dallas D-line to convert a critical 4th down?

At the end of the day, does Allen do more to win games for this team than he does to lose them?  I think the answer is clearly yes.  Pointing out completion % is just more lazy reporting from national sports writers who don’t watch Allen play enough to have an informed opinion and just fall back on the widely accepted narrative on Allen.

Going by wins and losses for a qb is also completely lazy.  Mitch T went 12-4. Bortles and Sanchez went to AFC title games.  They must have had a clutch gene and were winners, huh?

the buffalo bills went 10-6 with the second best defense in the nfl and scored 19 points/ game.  The reason Allen was able to come back was because of the defense.  Allen could be a much better qb this year being less “clutch” (0 game winning drives).  End the game before the 4th quarter by having a consistent offense.

we had C level Qb play last year with flashes of greatness.  If we get C or higher, the sky is the limit.  I think the stat should be Wins above Andy Dalton.  He is the definition of average.  Would this team had less wins with Andy Dalton last year?  If the answer is no, then your QB isn’t a franchise level guy yet.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

This has to be in the running for one of the laziest football articles that  I have had the misfortune to read... never getting that time back...

Go Bills!!!

Dude does 25 write-ups of players.  Guy on internet calls him lazy.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Billl said:

Dude does 25 write-ups of players.  Guy on internet calls him lazy.

Okay, I’ll rephrase it  “kinda boring”  Guy at a magazine writes a boring article. 😁

• Thank you (+1) 1

I watch every single Bills game, and I just don't see the "wild misses" from Josh Allen the media is always talking about.

College?  Absolutely.  

His rookie year?  Sure.

Last year, there were definitely times his ball placement could have been better.  And he certainly struggled with overthrowing the deep ball.  But it's not like he was totally missing receivers on easy throws.  

I feel like people see his 32nd ranked completion percentage (58.8%), and just assume he is inaccurate.  But it's been also well established that Buffalo had the highest drop percentage in the league.  Only six more completed passes, and Allen would have surpassed 60% completion on the year.  Only ten more completed passes and he would have been higher than Tom Brady in completion percentage.  Only 26 more completed passes (less than two per game) and he would have been in the top half of the NFL.

29 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I guarantee you’ve wasted time doing worse things. 😉

So true, won’t get that time back either...

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

What matters is how much help does a QB need to consistently put his team in a position to win the Super Bowl. Does he consistently need a top 5 roster to have a small chance or can he put the team on his back and, given a good roster, give his team a legit chance year in and year out. Once a QB gets out of their rookie deal having a top tier roster on a consistent basis is nearly impossible. 

Not a bad list, except I don’t find Dak or Aaron Rodgers very intriguing. I expect more of the same

from both this season. I’d take one of those guys out for Kyler Murray. It’s going to be a huge boom or bust year for Murray. 

4 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Nice list - understandably QB heavy. If it were a pure QB list, I'd add Minshew, Tua, Mayfield, Rivers and Murray to the list. And for old times sake, Tuhrod as well.

Agree, I can’t criticize the list for too many QB’s, it’s kind of an important position.