Bills Fan Box

Just Jack

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I have never figured out why people defer their own selections for a strangers.  Seems like good for seller, bad for you.

Yeah these type of subscription services have been real successful marketing tactics for a lot of smaller companies.  I guess the appeal is that they make good gifts to people.  But personally I never liked the idea.  

2 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

$45/shirt isn't exactly cheap. Sure, 10% of it will go to charity, but I'd much rather support 26 Shirts.

I must have a dozen shirts from 26 Shirts. The dude running that site is the real deal, and the shirt designs are pretty great.

3 hours ago, Just Joshin' said:

I have never figured out why people defer their own selections for a strangers.  Seems like good for seller, bad for you.

They're not for everyone, but there's obviously a market for them since many do very well.

Examples:

• You want to try out a new look/wardrobe but don't know the first thing about trying new clothes (Stitch Fix)
  • You want to pick up a new hobby or establish new interests (Bespoke Post)
  • You want to try new products in a "space" you're interested in (Allure Beauty Box)
  • You want to try new foods or drinks, maybe from around the world (Universal Yums)

3 hours ago, junior12thman92 said:

$45/shirt isn't exactly cheap. Sure, 10% of it will go to charity, but I'd much rather support 26 Shirts.

Plus what's the quality of the shirt. I went to a concert once and bought the tour shirt, like I always do, I think it was about $35. The material used was so cheap, you could almost see through it. 

4 hours ago, ExWNYer said:

Not gonna lie, the title of this thread brought me here. I thought it was about the Bills fan who was giving it to his lady from behind in the parking lot at the game. Never mind, carry on. :beer:

It wasn't his lady and she got that Kiko jersey for her troubles...

• Like (+1) 1