Week 1 Home Tailgates and menus

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

Food will be homemade wing dip (a vegan, cauliflower batch)

My wife and daughter have gluten/dairy issues.  Mind sharing this recipe please?

On 9/7/2020 at 8:33 AM, thebandit27 said:

Will probably make some refrigerator pickles too. 

Can't ever get these to turn out right lol.  Care to share your recipe please?

29 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Egg and pepper sangaweeech!  One of my favorites.

My wife doesn't like them. I was going to go to my favorite green grocery to get the supplies but turns out they closed due to COVID. Lucky my favorite butcher is fine.

Edited by Rochesterian Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, section122 said:

My wife and daughter have gluten/dairy issues.  Mind sharing this recipe please?

I just substitute vegan cream cheese and swap cauliflower for the wings. most hot sauces are vegan, but check the bottles, to make sure. For spices (beyond Franks Red Hot), I use Indian curry, Rosemary, and a touch of cinnamon.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

My peppers and egg sub idea fell through so I am going to fall back on grilling up sausages and smothering them with onions. Add a little bit of mustard and you can't go wrong.

I find the mustard is more important than the sausage.  I found an absolutely great imported German sweet ground mustard at Aldi's (which is a German owned supermarket) and unfortunately like a lot of items at Aldi's some items never come back in restock.

9 hours ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I just substitute vegan cream cheese and swap cauliflower for the wings. most hot sauces are vegan, but check the bottles, to make sure. For spices (beyond Franks Red Hot), I use Indian curry, Rosemary, and a touch of cinnamon.

Wegmans has a pretty good vegan cream cheese (tofutti) and we found pretty good vegan cheddar shreds (miyokos).  Im gonna give it a shot.  It will be the most expensive buffalo dip ever lol.  I appreciate it!

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

I find the mustard is more important than the sausage.  I found an absolutely great imported German sweet ground mustard at Aldi's (which is a German owned supermarket) and unfortunately like a lot of items at Aldi's some items never come back in restock.

Aldis is owned by the same company as trader joes.  If you have one of those close to you check there.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

One great thing about Aldi's is they pretty much have the same ***** here, I think they send overflow from American stores to Australia. Only place I know where you can get French's Fried Onions or Sweet Baby Ray's.

22 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Some great menus here! 

I got nothin’ as I plan to be busy scrambling to find a stream for the game. No luck yet. If I can’t find one, Dave & Busters is 2 blocks away for beer, wings & Philly cheesesteak

btw, y’all have been no help at all in our ‘how to stream the game’ links. Thanks for nothin!😉

PM me if you need some "help"...

I think, for this game anyways, that I'll be getting wings from our BBB. That and some Publix potato salad. Simple and delicious.

Speaking of food, I've wanted to go to the annual Friday before the season lunch at Nick Tahou's for a couple of years now, figures that the year I can make turns out to be the plague year. Maybe next year.

Anyway, game day menu of homemade pizza in the oven while slow cooking some wings on the grill. Rufus Teague rub on the wings cooked on low on the upper rack, then dipped in my medium hot sauce ( just can't eat as hot as I used to anymore), Blue cheese dip and some celery and carrots on the side.

Pitchers of Margaritas and beers to wash it all down.

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 1

Glad this isn’t one of those weird food threads in OTW from back in, like, May..

same routine as always: 

Coffee, black

household Chores

some light work to make Monday easier While listening to WGR

12:00 I’ll make my way to the TV to put on a pregame show and get to snacking. 
Inlaws will arrive around 12:30

Greek Dip with Pita Chips (hummus, diced cucumber, diced tomato, feta, green and black olives, sprinkle of balsamic, finish with salt and pepper

Buffalo Wing Dip

White pizza dip

chips/guacamole/salsa

Beer throughout. Not sure what kind yet. I had a heavy Labor Day so may go with something a bit lighter like SoTiers “8 Days a Week” that I have left over in the garage fridge. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/11/2020 at 12:30 PM, GimmeSomeProcess said:

Still smoking the wings, even in the rain. Should come out great, can’t wait.

I was planning on smoking wings but not going to hassle with the rain.  The BGE will work fine but why deal with rain and wind.  Moving to the contingency plan of nachos and finger foods.

On 9/10/2020 at 6:12 PM, section122 said:

Can't ever get these to turn out right lol.  Care to share your recipe please?

Are people that are gluten free even allowed to watch football? 😁

Ribs on smoker... buffalo chicken dip.. Buckeye dip... and gave bandit‘s challah French toast and fall spice coffee a try this a.m.

i don’t drink until after the game but hoping to crack open a beer or 2 for the 4:00 games. If the bills don’t win I won’t drink at all. Weird but don’t want to be depressed AND hung over heading into work on Monday, learned that the hard way over the years 

Edited by YoloinOhio