Week 1 Home Tailgates and menus

YoloinOhio

On 9/7/2020 at 7:16 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Coffee with Baileys and a bong hit of some tasty sativa.  Switch to bloody marys.  Then switch to 14th Star Maple Breakfast Stout.  Then switch to Miller Lite for the game.  Tequila shots for Bills touchdowns!

Wife makes homemade sausage gravy and biscuits with bacon and eggs for breakfast.  Typically we get so stuffed at breakfast, we don’t eat again until halftime except for chips and dips.

Usual apps are pigs in a blanket (fav of kids) and buffalo chicken wing dip.  Making a white chicken chili in the crock pot for dinner with jalapeño cornbread.

Go Bills!

Transparent snoop dogg music GIF on GIFER - by Oghmalanim

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/7/2020 at 7:16 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Coffee with Baileys and a bong hit of some tasty sativa.  Switch to bloody marys.  Then switch to 14th Star Maple Breakfast Stout.  Then switch to Miller Lite for the game.  Tequila shots for Bills touchdowns!

Wife makes homemade sausage gravy and biscuits with bacon and eggs for breakfast.  Typically we get so stuffed at breakfast, we don’t eat again until halftime except for chips and dips.

Usual apps are pigs in a blanket (fav of kids) and buffalo chicken wing dip.  Making a white chicken chili in the crock pot for dinner with jalapeño cornbread.

Go Bills!

Hi, you've reached Johnny's liver. I can't make it to the phone right now, please leave a message and I'll get back to you Monday!

• Haha (+1) 1

Bills flag went up this morning. I replaced the New Zealand "All Blacks" (a.k.a. NZ's national rugby team) flag with the free giveaway Bills flag from 2019 St. John Fisher training camp, #neverforget . 

Food will be homemade wing dip (both a vegan, cauliflower batch, and a standard version), slow-cooked overnight, and seasoned with home-grown, pesticide-free cayenne peppers, and hops, for a citrus hint. Roasted poblanos with wild rice, chips, and booze, booze, booze.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/7/2020 at 8:19 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Doing a backyard tailgate for week 1. Anyone planning already what they are making/serving? Considering smoking some wings...

Tis the Season !!

Love these threads. Thanks for warming the fire already

btw 

I am so not ready for this season to begins Sunday

better get my game on 

Go Bills 

great posts everyone !

I normally make no special food plans for Bills games--I'm too wired and tied into the game to think about food--but this sounds like a good idea for Sunday!

I will grill something special for lunch at halftime I think, with all the prep work done pre-game.

Maybe some salmon fillets with fresh marjoram and rosemary on top.

And a little side salad of arugula and radicchio with a freshly whipped up vinaigrette.

I'm making myself hungry.  I'm going to do this! 

22 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

I’ve lost 12 pounds in two weeks so there will be less of me to go around! 😃 

What was your trick for losing 12 pounds in 2 weeks?

That's a lot.  It's taken me several months to get rid of about 15 pounds.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What was your trick for losing 12 pounds in 2 weeks?

That's a lot.  It's taken me several months to get rid of about 15 pounds.

I switched my diet to vegan and it’s been FANTASTIC! Still eat great foods but feel better and, after leaving my oncologist today, it’s doing great on that front, too. 

Also BP is lower and feel much better. I’ve even figured out how to make a vegan pizza that is stellar!

Alas, I will miss wings...but I’ll keep this up for a few months and then have some prior to our SB run!!! 😃 

Some great menus here! 

I got nothin’ as I plan to be busy scrambling to find a stream for the game. No luck yet. If I can’t find one, Dave & Busters is 2 blocks away for beer, wings & Philly cheesesteak

btw, y’all have been no help at all in our ‘how to stream the game’ links. Thanks for nothin!😉