Week 1 Home Tailgates and menus

YoloinOhio

Catch a bus in front of my apartment at 12:15, arrive at sports bar by 12:40, order my mango wheat ale (not a blue moon, this stuff kinda looks like MTN dew, and is phenomenal), wait for opening kickoff, start chugging until opening kickoff play is over, then I drink casually the rest of the game with a maximum 5 drink limit since I have to work the next day. Probably get me a pack of cigarettes for a pregame smoke and a halftime smoke... Then won't smoke again until the next game vs the phins.

1 hour ago, InMcDermottWeTrust said:

Catch a bus in front of my apartment at 12:15, arrive at sports bar by 12:40, order my mango wheat ale (not a blue moon, this stuff kinda looks like MTN dew, and is phenomenal), wait for opening kickoff, start chugging until opening kickoff play is over, then I drink casually the rest of the game with a maximum 5 drink limit since I have to work the next day. Probably get me a pack of cigarettes for a pregame smoke and a halftime smoke... Then won't smoke again until the next game vs the phins.

Food? 

Great thread.  I hope all of you having parties are either doing that within your “bubble” or being safe about it.  Don’t let football season be the reason for spikes.

It will just be me and my wife this Sunday, and possibly my mom.  Going to Wegman’s Saturday to load up on some “hometown” goodies.  We’ll do wings on the grill along with some Sahlen’s dogs.

Oh, and of course I’ll wake up to a mimosa or three.

Haven’t been this excited for the season opener since 2019.

• Like (+1) 2

You are all gentlmen of top taste. My experience is different than most since I am in the middle of Australia. I seriously think I might be the only Bills fan on the continent. Most games during the season air live at 2am-3am here so having a real big cook out with guests isn't really an option. I do have a few food items I only make on game day during the season to keep them special. This Sunday will be a pepper and egg sub with plenty of hot sauce, home made bean dip and an assorted snack platter for dipping like corn chips, veggies and jerky. Since I am supposed to drive to an appointment at 10:30am I'll have to limit my drinking to a sixer of Foster's with a few Pall Malls because I just can't drink without a couple of cigarettes.

Edited by Rochesterian Bills Fan

12 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

You are all gentlmen of top taste. My experience is different than most since I am in the middle of Australia. I serious think I might be the only Bills fan on the continent. Most games during the season air live at 2am-3am here so having a real big cook out with guests isn't really an option. I do have a few food items I only make on game during this season. This Sunday will be a pepper and egg sub with plenty of hot sauce, home made bean dip and an assorted snack platter for dipping like corn chips, veggies and jerky. Since I am supposed to drive to an appointment at 10:30am I'll have to limit my drinking to a sixer of Foster's with a few Pall Malls because I just can't drink without a couple of cigarettes.

Can you get NFL Gamepass there?

12 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Amazing!!!! 

I literally looked up “best buffalo wings in Binghamton” and the second option was KFC. 

You sir, have turned this frown, upside down. 

if you are there for more than one meal you should seek out a Chicken Spiedie sub too - try Lupos Spiedie and Rib Pit 

1 hour ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

Not to derail the thread but watching the game live is better. It feels more dramatic to me and at least I can post about the game online.

I agree... That's why certain weeks I make it a point to go to sports bars as opposed to just staying home and streaming the game. Certain weeks I won't risk buffering. Division rivals, and major Superbowl Contenders.

15 hours ago, Augie said:

I’m considering a trip to the new Anchor Bar that opened about 20 minutes north of us in Kennesaw, GA.  Sadly, Duff’s about 40 minutes south has closed. I preferred Duff’s

Interesting.  Here in Rochester there were two anchor bars that after maybe a year or so both closed.  There is one Duffs (that I know of anyway) that seems to be doing well.

Maybe Rochester wing eaters have a more discerning taste for wings than people in GA. ;).  But I actually had no idea either chain made it out of NY!

Edited by CodeMonkey

2 hours ago, CodeMonkey said:

Interesting.  Here in Rochester there were two anchor bars that after maybe a year or so both closed.  There is one Duffs (that I know of anyway) that seems to be doing well.

Maybe Rochester wing eaters have a more discerning taste for wings than people in GA. ;).  But I actually had no idea either chain made it out of NY!

I suspect the Kennesaw Anchor Bar will suffer the same fate as the ones in Rochester. Not because it’s “bad”, but because most restaurants fail eventually. One thing they have going for them is nearby Kennesaw State University with just north of 35k enrollment. I hope that helps them survive. 

On 9/7/2020 at 9:39 AM, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I’ll be in a hotel room in Binghamton for work. I’m not thrilled and neither are my kids. 

A former Road Warrior expresses his condolences. I got to say.. Robb Riddick was the best short yardage runner ever. He moved the pegs or scored every time.

On 9/7/2020 at 7:16 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Coffee with Baileys and a bong hit of some tasty sativa.  Switch to bloody marys.  Then switch to 14th Star Maple Breakfast Stout.  Then switch to Miller Lite for the game.  Tequila shots for Bills touchdowns!

Wow! You have alcohol down to a science. You augment with a bong hit.

8 hours ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

You are all gentlmen of top taste. My experience is different than most since I am in the middle of Australia. I serious think I might be the only Bills fan on the continent. Most games during the season air live at 2am-3am here so having a real big cook out with guests isn't really an option....

I did some time in Guam, while in the service. Same timezone give or take. During the Superbowl years. Good times. I've lost my VHS tapes of those games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1