Week 1 Home Tailgates and menus

YoloinOhio

My wife and daughter will be down in her hometown of New Orleans so it'll just be me.

Gonna make me a simple yet delicious Italian hoagie.  I layer honey ham, salami, pepperoni, and capicola on top of an open hoagie roll, top it with some smoked provolone cheese, and set it in the oven at 400 for about 8 minutes.  When the cheese is perfectly melted, and just starting to brown bubble in spots, I pull it out, sprinkle some salt, pepper and oregano on it, throw my lettuce, tomato, black olives and banana peppers on top.....and get to grubbin!

• Like (+1) 3

Thanks, @YoloinOhio, one of my favorite threads of the year! We did the Labor Day thing here today with Sahlens hot dogs, baked beans, chips and a few healthy things. The grilled prawns with jacked up cocktail sauce and a remoulade that went over well filled people up in advance of the “usual holiday fare”. 

I have extra Sahlens left over. I could build around that, but much is yet to be determined. Our son and his new bride may still be at her parent’s lake house a couple hours away. If they are back, we may go all out, meaning vegetarian dishes for her and some other stuff. 

If they are still at the lake, I could invite some neighbors, but they came for the last playoff game (beef on weck and grilled wings), and I suspect they would make up an excuse and hide (think lights out on Halloween, hiding in the back of the house) during game time after my behavior watching the playoffs. I wouldn’t hold that against them, but I bet they’ve heard all those words before......

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Coffee with Baileys and a bong hit of some tasty sativa.  Switch to bloody marys.  Then switch to 14th Star Maple Breakfast Stout.  Then switch to Miller Lite for the game.  Tequila shots for Bills touchdowns!

Wife makes homemade sausage gravy and biscuits with bacon and eggs for breakfast.  Typically we get so stuffed at breakfast, we don’t eat again until halftime except for chips and dips.

Usual apps are pigs in a blanket (fav of kids) and buffalo chicken wing dip.  Making a white chicken chili in the crock pot for dinner with jalapeño cornbread.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Augie said:

Thanks, @YoloinOhio, one of my favorite threads of the year! We did the Labor Day thing here today with Sahlens hot dogs, baked beans, chips and a few healthy things. The grilled prawns with jacked up cocktail sauce and a remoulade that went over well filled people up in advance of the “usual holiday fare”. 

I have extra Sahlens left over. I could build around that, but much is yet to be determined. Our son and his new bride may still be at her parent’s lake house a couple hours away. If they are back, we may go all out, meaning vegetarian dishes for her and some other stuff. 

If they are still at the lake, I could invite some neighbors, but they came for the last playoff game (beef on weck and grilled wings), and I suspect they would make up an excuse and hide (think lights out on Halloween, hiding in the back of the house) during game time after my behavior watching the playoffs. I wouldn’t hold that against them, but I bet they’ve heard all those words before......

Funny because, I remember exactly what i made for the playoff game, and won’t be making it again, probably ever. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Coffee with Baileys and a bong hit of some tasty sativa.  Switch to bloody marys.  Then switch to 14th Star Maple Breakfast Stout.  Then switch to Miller Lite for the game.  Tequila shots for Bills touchdowns!

Wife makes homemade sausage gravy and biscuits with bacon and eggs for breakfast.  Typically we get so stuffed at breakfast, we don’t eat again until halftime except for chips and dips.

Usual apps are pigs in a blanket (fav of kids) and buffalo chicken wing dip.  Making a white chicken chili in the crock pot for dinner with jalapeño cornbread.

Go Bills!

Dammmmmmmmmmn that sounds good :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/7/2020 at 9:39 AM, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

I’ll be in a hotel room in Binghamton for work. I’m not thrilled and neither are my kids. 

You should go get some great wings then for the game if your in that arm pit of a town. Best wings outside of Buffalo resides in the 607. 

Suggestions: The Galley (good sports bar too), Kellys (also good sports bar), Harry Tufts (get the honey mustard wings as one option, delish) - all of those are in Endicott

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PaattMaann said:

You should go get some great wings then for the game if your in that arm pit of a town. Best wings outside of Buffalo resides in the 607. 

Suggestions: The Galley (good sports bar too), Kellys (also good sports bar), Harry Tufts (get the honey mustard wings as one option, delish) - all of those are in Endicott

Amazing!!!! 

I literally looked up “best buffalo wings in Binghamton” and the second option was KFC. 

You sir, have turned this frown, upside down. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m considering a trip to the new Anchor Bar that opened about 20 minutes north of us in Kennesaw, GA.  Sadly, Duff’s about 40 minutes south has closed. I preferred Duff’s, but it was remote and Anchor Bar has the advantage of being near Kennesaw State with 35k+ enrollment. 

Anchor bar is touting their cup and char grease filled pepperoni pizza so I might have to include that in the order. Keep it small and tight. Next door neighbor is from Tonawanda but she’s only a pretend fan.  If our son and his new bride are here, I’ll make the trip to Anchor Bar, and let my wife hit Whole Foods for the vegetarian in the crowd. 

I'll probably go to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern for game if weather is good.

He is going to open up the alley and have big screen TVs there and I am more comfortable outside in this environment.

Just in case I am trying a Perlenbacher Imperial Pilsner while at work and if good will pick up some for home while on sale since my usual trip to Canada is off this year.

Edited by Limeaid
typo
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I'll probably go to Jimmy's Old Town Tavern for game if weather is good.

He is going to open up the alley and have big screen TVs there and I am more comfortable outside in this environment.

Just in case I am trying a Perlenbacher Imperial Pilsner while at work and if good will pick up some for home while on sale since my usual trip to Canada is off this year.

awesome.  When I lived in NoVA I would always go for the game that he did the big outdoor bash for.  In 2011, it was the win over the Patriots :D

$20 AYCE buffet - pretty good food, too.  

On 9/7/2020 at 7:43 PM, TroutDog said:

First time ever 100% vegan. It’ll be interesting...and the last time I visit the food threads!!!! 😃 

Good luck brother! This will be my 3rd Vegan Bills Season... maybe I'm semi-responsible for our playoff berths? 

Cooking up some Indian Dal with black chickpeas and Moroccan style Tofu then putting it over quinoa that is stirred with Cilantro, Kaffir Lime, a richer than Hass avocado, habanero(all home grown), Garam Masala, Curry Powder. 

Jalapeño chips and Boars Head black bean Hummus on side.

Blue Point Imperial Sunshine (9.2%) 

Bottle of Bonterra Sauvignon Blanc wine

• Awesome! (+1) 1