Week 1 Home Tailgates and menus

YoloinOhio

Got 5 pounds of wings to go on the Big Green Egg. Got a couple of neighbors that will be cooking stuff as well. Going to have one big get together. One of my neighbors is a Bills fan, and another, I’ve converted both of his kids into Bills fans 😂😂 the wife will probably be making some Buffalo Chicken dip to go with!

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Game day breakfast will be brioche French toast and fall spice coffee.

Prepping a brisket for pastrami sandwiches for game day eats. Will probably make some refrigerator pickles too. Maybe a beer/cheese soup as well.

I respect the tradition (superstition?) here... I remember when you made pancakes instead that one time last year 😵

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I respect the tradition (superstition?) here... I remember when you made pancakes instead that one time last year 😵

Yeah that didn’t go well... either did making French toast with the maple bread or challah. It has to be brioche.

• Haha (+1) 1

Early morning some hot Italian Sausage cut into small pieces and fried in  pan on the Coleman stove ( or kielbasa covered in Frank's hot sauce roasted on the bbq),  lots of beer, while the bbq is on low with baby back ribs for the next 4 to 5 hours until hopefully just before kickoff. In between, beer, nachoes, Bills pregame radio, and some Hank jr.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, CLTbills said:

Got 5 pounds of wings to go on the Big Green Egg. Got a couple of neighbors that will be cooking stuff as well. Going to have one big get together. One of my neighbors is a Bills fan, and another, I’ve converted both of his kids into Bills fans 😂😂 the wife will probably be making some Buffalo Chicken dip to go with!

My plan also - smoke some wings on the BGE.

14 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

My plan also - smoke some wings on the BGE.

I normally cook them on the egg, then throw them in the air fryer for 5-10 minutes once they're done just to make them a little crispy on the outside... but they still get the BGE flavor.

31 minutes ago, 716er said:

When does your Bills flag go up?

Thursday here

Already up! 👍

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

I normally cook them on the egg, then throw them in the air fryer for 5-10 minutes once they're done just to make them a little crispy on the outside... but they still get the BGE flavor.

Already up! 👍

Air fryer is a must for wings 

Pulled pork.

Brine Thurs-Friday.

In rub Fri- Sat.

On at 225 in my Primo at 11pm Sat night.

Done by 11:30 Sun morning.

Wrapped and in the cooler for 1.5 hour rest.

Kids arrive Sunday at 12:45.

Plates out at 1.

Edited by sherpa
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2