So how’d we all do with our roster predictions?

eball

I’ll go first.  There were some hits and some misses.

Hits:

• DiMarco to IR
  • Gilliam on the 53
  • Roberts, McKenzie, and Hodgins all make the team
  • Duke does not (but kudos to him for being on the PS)
  • Daryl Johnson sticks
  • Bates sticks
  • Vosean Joseph does not
  • Bass wins K job
  • Webb to PS

Misses:

• Fromm (still a head-scratcher for me)
  • Murphy (I get it, just not thrilled about it)
  • Dane Jackson cut (but re-signed to PS)
  • Lee Smith (Again, I get it, just not thrilled)

I’ll give myself a solid B.

Edited by eball

2 hours ago, eball said:

I’ll go first.  There were some hits and some misses.

Hits:

• DiMarco to IR
  • Gilliam on the 53
  • Roberts, McKenzie, and Hodgins all make the team
  • Duke does not (but kudos to him for being on the PS)
  • Daryl Johnson sticks
  • Bates sticks
  • Vosean Joseph does not
  • Bass wins K job
  • Webb to PS

Misses:

• Fromm (still a head-scratcher for me)
  • Murphy (I get it, just not thrilled about it)
  • Dane Jackson cut (but re-signed to PS)
  • Lee Smith (Again, I get it, just not thrilled)

I’ll give myself a solid B.

I'd say you did better than a B.  You should go with a B+.  You were certainly better than some of the dart throws I read here.

5 hours ago, eball said:

Duke does not (but kudos to him for being on the PS)

I hope the fact that he wasn’t grabbed by any other team silences the ‘Duke crowd’ here. Great story and great guy, I have no doubt, but those come every year it seems. 

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

I hope the fact that he wasn’t grabbed by any other team silences the ‘Duke crowd’ here. Great story and great guy, I have no doubt, but those come every year it seems. 

Duke fans saw/see him as a steady useful receiver who they felt should have seen more time on the field. Absolutely No one thought he was the second coming of Jerry Rice. The receiver room has changed dramatically over the last two plus seasons, and much better talent has been brought on board, so the picture has changed, as has his role on the team, it’s the nature of one season to the next. Its funny that you don’t see the Bills as a pro team who signed him to their PS... 😁 nuthin but luv TD. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Duke fans saw/see him as a steady useful receiver who they felt should have seen more time on the field. Absolutely No one thought he was the second coming of Jerry Rice. The receiver room has changed dramatically over the last two plus seasons, and much better talent has been brought on board, so the picture has changed, as has his role on the team, it’s the nature of one season to the next. Its funny that you don’t see the Bills as a pro team who signed him to their PS... 😁 nuthin but luv TD. 

Go Bills!!!

Not sure how they saw that.  He appeared on the field in weeks 5,6,7,16 the entire regular season.  

He was a steady benchwarmer who McD and Daboll could not find a use for until the Jets/scrub game and the WC game.

7 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

Go Bills!!!

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough...apologies. I absolutely view them as a pro team who can add borderline talent to their PS but there appears to be many here who didn’t want to miss out on what he brings. I attribute that, largely, to his story, his size and what we’ve all been through the last 17 years...as his skills are borderline. 

Please don’t get me wrong: I’ve rooted for him as hard as anyone but also recognize that he is what he is. 

Call me out on my BS anytime! 😃 

• Thank you (+1) 1