WTF is Peter King thinking?? Picks Dolphins to win AFC East

Dolphins officially named Fitz as starter. 

8 minutes ago, skibum said:

Miami is a team on the rise right now. Yes, they are trotting out Ryan Fitzpatrick to start the season, but we all know he can win 6-7 games before the wheels fall off. By then, Tua could be ready to take over. They have what it takes to pull off a winning record, at least.

I think Miami is on the way up too. Not AFC East champs but I wouldn't be shocked if they won 8. I took the over on them getting 6 wins and the under on New England getting 9.

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Haha, I definitely understand being sick of him. But i respect greatness.  You don’t think Michael Jordan would get wall to wall coverage?  Or LeBron when he finally slips.  There was a love fest over Peyton who was horrible and won a SB.  

and Brady had 4,000 yards and 24 tds with a lot of garbage around him and they went 12-4.  That would be one of the best qb seasons in Bills history.  

We'll see how 'his greatness" is w/o BB. 

12 hours ago, George C said:

Until Allen shows he can connect on all passes, which he has not, he will remain the issue. I’m not drinking the Kool-Aid until I see all of the passes..

Tua? If 100%? Get ready to face a qb who was almost unstoppable. 

So Tua who hasn't even played a snap is already "almost unstoppable" hahahahah 

Tua hasn't shown anything...

You just like other "Kool-Aid" obviously

2 hours ago, Seoulofstone said:

I love the way you highlight me agreeing that TB are perennial high scorers (which I never contested) to suggest that they have nothing in common.im not comparing QB, HC, coaching or stats. I'm comparing the lazy take on the Browns last year to what were seeing this year with TB.So let me put it in bold too.

They both haven't made the playoffs in over 10 years and are popular picks to not only end that but progress to the SB going into this season.

That and my prediction of how this will end is what I'm saying they have in common. I'm sorry that I have to spell it out to you. 

I will be sure to tag you to remind you when TB crash and burn.

I'll make it simpler, if possible:  the hype surrounding the Browns last year was just that and not based in any reality.  The Bucs are a far better team before Brady showed up--their QB clearly held them back.  Now they have Brady.  This changes their odds immensely---your very weird invocation of the "past 10 years" is meaningless, obviously.  Tampa is widely thought to be a playoff team.  I listed just a few facts showing why.   

Here's a very simple question....do you agree with most that TB will make the playoffs this year?  If not why not?

47 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

They’ve gone 7-9 two years in a row. 

Let him keep talking.  He's on a roll.

Peter is a much better radio interview than writer.

He's well plugged in to players, coaches, and media, he's got the audience and the credentials, but as Yolo said you have to realize the objective for a guy like Peter isn't in-depth analysis, it's to create a buzz and drive traffic.  Which he does pretty well.

Compared to his peers who do national coverage like say John Clayton, King seems a bit out of touch with his depth of knowledge and his takes.

Many hard core fans on this site lose all hope and  put the Bills on blast Monday mornings after a loss.  I care more about that segment of the populations thoughts on the Bills more than I do Peter Kings even though they both seem irrational to me. Mostly because there might be a nugget of truth buried in the over reaction to a loss from the hard core fans while PK spends almost no time or effort on the team. I get that he's a national reporter but his pick of the Dolphins over the Bills smacks of his love of Belichik disciples  as @Coach Tuesday pointed out earlier.

There really is no excuse for Peter King doing this

The bills made the playoffs last year....and 2 times in the last 3 years

The Patriots are greatly diminished

THe fins have been our doormat for years now

The fins are not a good team completely starting over at QB

The bills are loaded with talent....even more then they had last year

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'll make it simpler, if possible:  the hype surrounding the Browns last year was just that and not based in any reality.  The Bucs are a far better team before Brady showed up--their QB clearly held them back.  Now they have Brady.  This changes their odds immensely---your very weird invocation of the "past 10 years" is meaningless, obviously.  

Here's a very simple question....do you agree with most that TB will make the playoffs this year?  If not why not?

I think they may because of the extra spot. Their variance is quite high. They could crater. But no chance as division winners. If you watch week 1 that will tell you all you need to know about how over hyped they are.

You say it was not based in reality yet you admit that you were caught up in the Browns hype and were wrong. You are welcome to disagree and It doesn't upset me. I accept that most people disagree because they think Brady is more than a system QB. That's what we're about to learn.

But how Is it a weird invocation to say that the Browns and Bucs have both had sustained failure yet both became projected to be serious contenders during an offseason due to personnel moves?

You may not like it but it's simple fact. The fact that you think that being an offensive juggernaut while losing comfortably is some kind of achievement simply tells me that you read too much into stats. 

I appreciate that you have convinced yourself that the jump they have to make isn't as challenging as the Browns and other factors work in the favour. I also appreciate that you clearly think Brady is going to be a difference maker. Let's watch the games and find out 

No different than Sports Illustrated’s demented take on the AFC East or Vegas having the Pats as cofavorites with the Bills or our Super Bowl odds3 actually being surpassed but multiple teams in training camp. Let’s just start destroying teams and shut these morons up. Like GMFB video said ...time to become a juggernaut !  

Edited by Locomark

20 minutes ago, Seoulofstone said:

I think they may because of the extra spot. Their variance is quite high. They could crater. But no chance as division winners. If you watch week 1 that will tell you all you need to know about how over hyped they are.

You say it was not based in reality yet you admit that you were caught up in the Browns hype and were wrong. You are welcome to disagree and It doesn't upset me. I accept that most people disagree because they think Brady is more than a system QB. That's what we're about to learn.

But how Is it a weird invocation to say that the Browns and Bucs have both had sustained failure yet both became projected to be serious contenders during an offseason due to personnel moves?

You may not like it but it's simple fact. The fact that you think that being an offensive juggernaut while losing comfortably is some kind of achievement simply tells me that you read too much into stats. 

I appreciate that you have convinced yourself that the jump they have to make isn't as challenging as the Browns and other factors work in the favour. I also appreciate that you clearly think Brady is going to be a difference maker. Let's watch the games and find out 

They lost 6 of 9 by less than a TD.  That's "losing comfortably"?

Convinced myself---that's a good one!  Yeah, I' going all alone way out on a limb here!  The jump they have made is bigger than the jump the Browns made last off-season, mainly because it was a much shorter leap for the reasons that are straightforward but still confuse you.  

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Peter is a much better radio interview than writer.

He's well plugged in to players, coaches, and media, he's got the audience and the credentials, but as Yolo said you have to realize the objective for a guy like Peter isn't in-depth analysis, it's to create a buzz and drive traffic.  Which he does pretty well.

Compared to his peers who do national coverage like say John Clayton, King seems a bit out of touch with his depth of knowledge and his takes.

Good description of what King does.  He had a good relationship with the Pats and with Rodgers, so when the Pats and Pack were winning he got some really good stuff.  Not so much now. 

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They lost 6 of 9 by less than a TD.  That's "losing comfortably"?

Convinced myself---that's a good one!  Yeah, I' going all alone way out on a limb here!  The jump they have made is bigger than the jump the Browns made last off-season, mainly because it was a much shorter leap for the reasons that are straightforward but still confuse you.  

You are very literal aren't you? Ever heard the phrase garbage time? You are projecting a jump. So what that means is it hasn't happened yet  I will own it if I'm wrong. I doubt you will.

I never clicked on the link but did King predict that Tua would take over and that's the reason for his prediction?  Because again, Fitz has never taken a team to the playoffs and only once did he lead a team to a winning record...only to choke in the season finale that would have sent his team (Jets, 2015, against the Bills) to the playoffs if they had won.

As for Tua, I can't see him starting unless Fitz gets injured or they start poorly and are out of it early, like last year.  I don't think he's shown he's ready and sitting on the bench won't help him much in that regard.  At best I can see him playing in the season finale like Mahomes did.  Which again leads up back to Fitz and what he can't do.

Dolphins beat us last year if Tre White doesn't save the day with an amazing INT on the goal line.

The Bills won a lot of close games vs bad teams last year. They have a much more difficult schedule. I don't know what to expect. 

Dolphins and Bills have improved their rosters. Jets also played us tough, should've lost the opener. Bills were not a dominant team last year, very beatable almost every week. Josh Allen will have to be much better.

Saying the Dolphins win the East isn't that crazy. I think Dolphins, Patriots, and Bills will all finish around 9 wins.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

Hmm, well, I think he's seriously overestimating Miami there, but it's not impossible. And I don't have a problem with people predicting the future going a bit out in left field on a few teams. If there's one thing we know it's that two to four teams will be a lot better than most people think and two to four teams a lot worse. That's football.

He has the Bills in the playoff competitors. 

If people don't throw something a bit different out there then everybody just parrots the common wisdom and says nearly the same thing.

Maybe King will even be right about the Fins, though I doubt it.

9 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

They’ve gone 7-9 two years in a row. 

... with a lot of crucial injuries at spots where their depth was poor. Atlanta could easily be very good, IMO. In fact, that's my guess.

Edited by Thurman#1

I’m a little disappointed in King as I’ve always respected his opinions.  I may not always agree with him, but he had very measured opinions.  I’ve said before the schedule means we are not going to have the easy schedule we had last year, but we’re better.  Yesterday ,  I was listening to Movin the Chains, and Kirwan tagged the Bills winning the division at 10-6, the Pats in a WC at 10-6, and the Phins at 6-10.  He said it’s just too early with this COVID off season for the Fish to convert all the talent they have acquired and turn it into a winning team.  I agree with this take.  Not sure how the Pats will make 10-6, but it’s hard to get Down on a BB team.  I see the Pats more 8-8.