WTF is Peter King thinking?? Picks Dolphins to win AFC East

59 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

So except for the Chargers, Rams, Bears, Colts, and Steelers he was “pretty spot on”?

I get that nailing appreciably more than 50% of the playoff field isn’t a cake walk, but “pretty spot on except for the 42% he got wrong” is kind of weird to say.

As to his de facto prediction, meh, go ahead and pick Miami. It’s gutsy and edgy; Buffalo is the trendy, mainstream pick. May as well be ahead of the curve.

Doesn't make much sense though. They’re not close to Buffalo in terms of talent...yet. Another solid offseason and they will be.

Of the 8 division winners, he had 5 correct and had 7 of them making the playoffs. He also hit the Super Bowl winner.  He also had the 49ers, a 4-12 team the season before, in the playoffs.  Acting like he’s some sort of hot take artist is completely disingenuous.  

30 minutes ago, Billl said:

Of the 8 division winners, he had 5 correct and had 7 of them making the playoffs. He also hit the Super Bowl winner.  He also had the 49ers, a 4-12 team the season before, in the playoffs.  Acting like he’s some sort of hot take artist is completely disingenuous.  

So Miami at 10-6 doesn’t qualify as hot-take territory for you? Very good then.

Of course, “Tyreek Hill is completely innocent and a model father” also doesn’t qualify as a hot-take for you, so I have to consider that as part of the equation.

5 hours ago, BillsFanThru-N-Thru said:

I generally respected Peter King and his takes on the NFL but this one is out of left field.  He only considers the Bills a 3rd tier team, along with numerous others.  He has the Chiefs and Ravens as Tier 1 and the Titans as the only tier 2.  That being said picking the Dolphins as to win the AFC East with the potential win 10 games seems ridiculous to me.  Here's the link just scroll down to the 2020 predictions ...

https://t.co/BWqwmoDnZq?amp=1

Is it possible he doesn't view the Bills with red, white, and blue tinted glasses, and sees Josh Allen's inherent deficiencies for what they are?

Having said that, I'm not putting any money down on the Fish.  LOL.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes, the master plan to save SI is to fire up the second smallest market in the NFL.  

The best part about It is he no longer works for SI and hasn’t for two or three years now. So the master plan is quite possibly flawed, but your humor and the irony isn’t lost. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re way off here.  By DVOA, the Bucs had a top 10 defense last year.  They got murdered by Winston’s turnovers, some leading directly to scores.  They have the best group of receivers and TEs and just added a 1,000 yard rusher.  Brady is what Brady was but if he can be a B level starter, they should be very good.

i would argue that you must just hate Brady to not see the potential on that team.  Brady might be completely shot but that is a really well rounded team. 

OMG!!! Stop with this.  Always the victim.  The Bills her plenty of love from the media.  But the second some doesn’t say awesome we are, it’s “the media hates us.”

I think the Fins are on the right track but I completely disagree with them winning the division.  But this victim mentality Some Bills fans have is insane.  Not everyone is going to love our team or predict them to win every game.  It doesn’t mean they hate us.  

You are nothing if not consistent. Always there to defend the Patriots honor.

King reports on the “quick take” thought process that has invaded NFL reporting. He hasn’t had a creative, in-depth original thought in years. He hasn’t done any investigative columns about real football things in a long time. He’s gone from a guy I used to love to a guy I have no respect for. 

One thing you can always count on, however, is him gushing over Brady, Belichick, and all things New England or ex-new England in every column or interview.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

You are nothing if not consistent. Always there to defend the Patriots honor.

You need to get a new slant.  It’s hilarious because I was once the angry homer like you.  Now if you aren’t completely biased towards the Bills, you hate them and love NE.  

my favorite part of the angry homers is they don’t even choice to counter the post.  And you know Brady is on the Bucs right? 

OMG!!! Peter King hates us!!! He’s so mean!!!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/12/nbcs-peter-king-predicts-buffalo-bills-win-playoff-game-in-january.html%3foutputType=amp

4 minutes ago, todd said:

King reports on the “quick take” thought process that has invaded NFL reporting. He hasn’t had a creative, in-depth original thought in years. He hasn’t done any investigative columns about real football things in a long time. He’s gone from a guy I used to love to a guy I have no respect for. 

One thing you can always count on, however, is him gushing over Brady, Belichick, and all things New England or ex-new England in every column or interview.

So if the Bills won 6 SBs and went to 9 in 15 years, so you think writers won’t be gushing over us?  

guess what people are biased towards??? Winning.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You’re way off here.  By DVOA, the Bucs had a top 10 defense last year.  They got murdered by Winston’s turnovers, some leading directly to scores.  They have the best group of receivers and TEs and just added a 1,000 yard rusher.  Brady is what Brady was but if he can be a B level starter, they should be very good.

i would argue that you must just hate Brady to not see the potential on that team.  Brady might be completely shot but that is a really well rounded team. 

OMG!!! Stop with this.  Always the victim.  The Bills her plenty of love from the media.  But the second some doesn’t say awesome we are, it’s “the media hates us.”

I think the Fins are on the right track but I completely disagree with them winning the division.  But this victim mentality Some Bills fans have is insane.  Not everyone is going to love our team or predict them to win every game.  It doesn’t mean they hate us.  

They have potential.   To think the Bucs are Super Bowl champs is silly

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

DVOA can be useful, but cmon, TB allowed 449 points in 2019, only 3 teams were worse.

Yes, they have a lot of talent at WR, and a very good offensive staff. Their OL has some weak points, and they have a LONG way to go with their run game.

Brady is still a good QB, but he’s not TOM BRADY anymore. He hasn’t been TOM BRADY in 3 years. Anybody expecting 5,000 yards from him (like Winston had in 2019) probably needs to lower their expectations.

AFC Rankings 

Tier 1 - KC

Tier 2 - Baltimore (They will go no less than 5-1 in the division and will be hungry after early playoff exit)

Tier 3 - Buffalo, Colts(Rivers and Reich could make a SB run if the defense is as good as advertised), Titans(I'm not sold on this team and my guess is the pressure will cause Tannyhill to crack but they should still win no less than 9 games and the head to head mathcups with Colts/Texans will make the difference)

Tier 4 - Texans(they will miss Hopkins), Patriots(Cam will get them 8 wins but the talent on offense is terrible), Dolphins(solid coach and enough talent to get to 8 wins and be in the conversation until Nov), Steelers(the team most likely to implode), Chargers(team could win 10 games or lose 10 games)

Tier 5 - Browns(never been a Mayfield fan), Jets(never been a Darnold fan but he showed a bit last year, that said their team has so little talent), Raiders(QB controversy all year), Broncos(another swing team that could win 10 or lose 10 but I'm predicting that latter)

Tier 6 - Cincinnati, Jags (I'd be shocked if these teams have 6 wins combined)

Edited by Ethan in Portland
  • Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You need to get a new slant.  It’s hilarious because I was once the angry homer like you.  Now if you aren’t completely biased towards the Bills, you hate them and love NE.  

my favorite part of the angry homers is they don’t even choice to counter the post.  And you know Brady is on the Bucs right? 

OMG!!! Peter King hates us!!! He’s so mean!!!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/12/nbcs-peter-king-predicts-buffalo-bills-win-playoff-game-in-january.html%3foutputType=amp

So if the Bills won 6 SBs and went to 9 in 15 years, so you think writers won’t be gushing over us?  

guess what people are biased towards??? Winning.  

I get your point, but there are other teams to write about in the nfl. Not only that, Brady wasn’t t very good last year. Does he still deserve the wall to wall coverage?

Or I could just be sick of him.

5 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I have to admit I am a little skeptical that McD has addressed the O enough to keep up with KC , RAVENS, and even the Titans who also got aggressive with their D by adding  Clowney.  New O additions of Diggs , and three rookies ( Moss, Davis, Gilliam ) , with a tight end room with Knox being the only one with much upside and an o line basically unchanged,   does not show a great deal of change that will guarantee , IMHO, a vastly improved offense  that can score more than 19 points a game.   McD , who has had great success with his D, continued to bring in more support with adding several proven defensive veterans and even opted to take Epenesa when JK Dobbins had fallen into our lap (a 2000 yard proven rusher from a major conference who was immediately nabbed by the Ravens to bolster their already impressive rushing attack),  appears to keep his emphasis on defense even after we are seeing the leagues more successful franchises featuring very productive offenses.   We can’t ignore KC’s ability to score and they added even more fire power to their O.  The road to the SB will most likely go thru KC or Baltimore for the AFC teams as I see the Bills as a 10/11 win team given the schedule.  We still have zero playoff wins with McD ( love the guy and love his culture, but he needs improvement as losing a 16 point lead in the wild card game reflects on a need for game management improvement ), and I am not sure just adding Diggs and three rookies ( 4 if we include Bass) in a COVID shortened season translates to more offensive success on the road against already proven offensive juggernaut franchises.   We did also lose to Baltimore at home last year so we can’t just downplay them either as I routinely see little mention of them as a team we might  have to go thru to get to the SB. 

So, did we do enough on O?  Not sure until we see if Allen can progress as I am hoping he does , and I also have to see if Daboll can use Diggs and Moss creatively  in a way that matches all the preseason hype. So far McD continues to be very aggressive with addressing his D, but I am not sure he has done enough to get the offense up around 24/25 points a game where we can actually be a bona fide Super Bowl contender. Peter King suggesting the fins take the division is ludicrous, but we are not locks to knock off KC, TITANS , RAVENS , and the SB is really the ultimate goal.  It’s about to get real!  

Coaching is my greatest concern with this offense. We have lots of talent, but Daboll hasn’t shown the ability to lead a quality offense. We have no idea if our talent will be utilized properly. I love everything about this team. McD and Beane have righted the ship, but I’m not sure how many good offense minded guys we have on this coaching staff. I’m fine with the Singletary and Moss duo, and happy we didn’t use a high pick on a guy like Dobbins.

Our biggest question mark on offense is the development of Allen, and the TE position. We’ll need to be bold and innovative on offense to compete with teams like KC and Baltimore. Playing not to lose isn’t going to win a title. McD needs to learn not to slip back into a shell with the offense when they take a lead. We basically allow opponents to get back in the game by taking our foot off the pedal with our defense first mentality. We have the talent, it’s time for the coaches to trust them this season. 

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Guess we will see how good Tua is minus three first round wideouts.  I think he has a weak arm and is prone to injury but who knows.

Thats why they play the games.  Teams dont get trophies for being picked to win in the offseason.  Just some guys opinion.   Mine is the Pats are still the favorites until someone knocks them off.

Rex never really caught on to that little fact......

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, todd said:

I get your point, but there are other teams to write about in the nfl. Not only that, Brady wasn’t t very good last year. Does he still deserve the wall to wall coverage?

Or I could just be sick of him.

Haha, I definitely understand being sick of him. But i respect greatness.  You don’t think Michael Jordan would get wall to wall coverage?  Or LeBron when he finally slips.  There was a love fest over Peyton who was horrible and won a SB.  

and Brady had 4,000 yards and 24 tds with a lot of garbage around him and they went 12-4.  That would be one of the best qb seasons in Bills history.  

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Tampa Bay is this year’s Browns?

lol

Really? You can't see the comparison? A team that hasn't made the playoffs in over ten years makes a couple of splash signings and becomes media darlings before ending up with a .500 record.

Perhaps you think that Brady is unbeatable simply because he's had his foot on the Bills neck for so long. 

6 hours ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

Hmmm, gonna disagree with the comparison. At a high level TB is a stable org with BA, Brady is walking into an offense that Winston was able to run well. Solid defense that is also stable and established - versus - Freddie Kitchens, a young qb, a defense that supposed to be good but has trouble staying healthy?

Is stability a useful quality when your organisation has underachieved for years? You're right that at that level they are nothing like the Browns but I really wasn't comparing organizational competency.

More the fact that they are serial disappointments who have made notable signings to add to some blue chip players already there. Just like the Browns last year they are being over hyped Their D is NOT solid. They had a guy who had a sensational once in a lifetime sack number. They were a top team against the run. But their pass D was among the worst. Bad enough to be nowhere near the playoffs despite record offensive output 

Now people are saying superbowl and that's a hell of an assumption.