WTF is Peter King thinking?? Picks Dolphins to win AFC East

I generally respected Peter King and his takes on the NFL but this one is out of left field.  He only considers the Bills a 3rd tier team, along with numerous others.  He has the Chiefs and Ravens as Tier 1 and the Titans as the only tier 2.  That being said picking the Dolphins as to win the AFC East with the potential win 10 games seems ridiculous to me.  Here's the link just scroll down to the 2020 predictions ...

https://t.co/BWqwmoDnZq?amp=1

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, George C said:

Until Allen shows he can connect on all passes, which he has not, he will remain the issue. I’m not drinking the Kool-Aid until I see all of the passes..

Tua? If 100%? Get ready to face a qb who was almost unstoppable. 

Tua didn't impress anyone in Dols camp, otherwise he would be starting.  He'll likely sit and watch this season as Fitz guides them to his usual 6-7 wins.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I believe he said Peter king is picking the dolphins 

You missed the joke.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

King worships the Patriots.  He always picks the former Patriots coaches to win in their new gigs, until they faceplant which they nearly always do.  King also admitted last year that he finds the Bills boring in response to a question about why he doesn’t give them more coverage.  I’m not a big media bias guy but in this case, it’s basically admitted.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Peter King is not a bad guy but I’m guessing if you went back and looked at his preseason predictions over the years he hasn’t been very good, from top to bottom.  He’s not really doing a “deep dive” on most of these teams, and if he really did pick Miami to win the division it’s just an attention-getter and very short-sighted.  We’ve all said the Fish appear to be headed in the right direction but a team that begins the year with Fitz as their starting QB just isn’t a team that is expected to compete for division titles.  Winning six games last season was a pretty good accomplishment with that roster, but this is another team that is going to suffer from a limited training camp with so many new faces.  What team do they play this year with a worse roster than theirs?  The Jets?

I’m long past the days when national media reports made me “angry” — I understand that their job isn’t to really analyze the league, it’s to fill content and drive traffic.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Guess we will see how good Tua is minus three first round wideouts.  I think he has a weak arm and is prone to injury but who knows.

Thats why they play the games.  Teams dont get trophies for being picked to win in the offseason.  Just some guys opinion.   Mine is the Pats are still the favorites until someone knocks them off.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

King worships the Patriots.  He always picks the former Patriots coaches to win in their new gigs, until they faceplant which they nearly always do.  King also admitted last year that he finds the Bills boring in response to a question about why he doesn’t give them more coverage.  I’m not a big media bias guy but in this case, it’s basically admitted.

Why did he pick the Dolphins?

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

If you read the rest of my post...

And he picks Brady and the Bucs to go to the Super Bowl.

I did read it.  It doesn't answer my question.  He picked the lowly Fins over NE to win the Division and you led with "King worships the Pats".  Why would disrespect the team he worships like that.

Good.

I like seeing some National guys picking against Buffalo. Flores is a getting a ton of respect for how many wins he was able to cobble together with a lack of talent. Now he has more players, time to put it together. 
I do think Miami is building a roster similar to how Buffalo has been.  As a Bills fan I’m not looking down my nose at anyone, except the cheating(it’s been proven time and time again) Pats. 

21 minutes ago, eball said:

Peter King is not a bad guy but I’m guessing if you went back and looked at his preseason predictions over the years he hasn’t been very good, from top to bottom.  He’s not really doing a “deep dive” on most of these teams, and if he really did pick Miami to win the division it’s just an attention-getter and very short-sighted.  We’ve all said the Fish appear to be headed in the right direction but a team that begins the year with Fitz as their starting QB just isn’t a team that is expected to compete for division titles.  Winning six games last season was a pretty good accomplishment with that roster, but this is another team that is going to suffer from a limited training camp with so many new faces.  What team do they play this year with a worse roster than theirs?  The Jets?

I’m long past the days when national media reports made me “angry” — I understand that their job isn’t to really analyze the league, it’s to fill content and drive traffic.

Not to nitpick and I agree with everything you said, but the Dols won just 5 games last year, going 5-5 after starting 0-6.  Against the same easy schedule the Bills had when they were an 11 win (in reality) team.  And both will have the same hard schedules this year.