Which Bills did you draft in fantasy?

All of em at one point or another but mostly Josh Allen, Singletary, Diggs the D and Knox. I think Knox breaks out this year and Allen,Diggs and Singletary will have big years!

4 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Is there a league still open and drafting tonight? Would like to join a league with bills fan or football fans in general. 

sabrespace is drafting i believe. Its on the main page

I'm convinced Singletary will have a great year because of his off season work. He lived on that hill!!

23 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Taking a defense in round 6 is insane haha loving the homer pick but that is a huge reach. 

ironic - i took the Bills D in r6.  but then again i broke a number of rules; didn't select a RB till r7, WR r1, TE r4, etc.

i wasn't going to do FFL this year but my 2 buddies (a fins and jets fan) talked me into a knee-jerk NFL.com PPR PUG draft and I decided to go against the grain and see what happens.

i was doing FFL ~30 years ago, we'd all meet in a bar my buddy owned on a saturday morning do our draft all in person with a board, we'd write our picks on paper and submit them and they were announced with all the banter and crap-talk.  we then left our lineup on voicemail before 11:30am CST each sunday.

those were the days...

3 minutes ago, Say When... said:

ironic - i took the Bills D in r6.  but then again i broke a number of rules; didn't select a RB till r7, WR r1, TE r4, etc.

i wasn't going to do FFL this year but my 2 buddies (a fins and jets fan) talked me into a knee-jerk NFL.com PPR PUG draft and I decided to go against the grain and see what happens.

i was doing FFL ~30 years ago, we'd all meet in a bar my buddy owned on a saturday morning do our draft all in person with a board, we'd write our picks on paper and submit them and they were announced with all the banter and crap-talk.  we then left our lineup on voicemail before 11:30am CST each sunday.

those were the days...

Manual Fantasy football sounds like a pain in the ass. I know a lot of people who do in person live drafts and they seem like a lot of fun. However doing manual score tabulations sounds like a lot of work. You are probably going to be hurting for a RB all season if you didn't take one until round 7 unless you hit on someone late. When I first started playing fantasy I drafted a RB round 1 and then went to try and get a bunch of sleepers in rounds 6-9 thinking that my RB drafted in round 1 would be my anchor and then I could build up the rest of the roster in rounds 2-6 and then all I needed to do was find 1 RB in those late rounds and I would be set. 

Well my first round stud RB (Jamal Charles) got hurt in week 1 and none of my "sleepers" came through and even though my WR's, TE and QB taken in rounds 2-6 were solid it wasn't enough to make up for the lack of RB production. Since then my strategy is to always go 2 out of my first three picks at RB. Secure the RB position early and use on pick to get a stud WR to anchor the WR position. 

I figure even if one of your two top RB's gets hurt or busts you will likely at least get the other one to be a top 10-12 RB. I then draft WR's in rounds 4-5 and go RB again in round 6-7 to try and get some depth. I pretty much avoid drafting anything other than a WR or RB in rounds 1-6 unless the value at the picks really isn't there (last year I drafted Mahomes in round 3 because none of the receivers I wanted were there.)

21 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Manual Fantasy football sounds like a pain in the ass. I know a lot of people who do in person live drafts and they seem like a lot of fun. However doing manual score tabulations sounds like a lot of work. You are probably going to be hurting for a RB all season if you didn't take one until round 7 unless you hit on someone late. When I first started playing fantasy I drafted a RB round 1 and then went to try and get a bunch of sleepers in rounds 6-9 thinking that my RB drafted in round 1 would be my anchor and then I could build up the rest of the roster in rounds 2-6 and then all I needed to do was find 1 RB in those late rounds and I would be set. 

Well my first round stud RB (Jamal Charles) got hurt in week 1 and none of my "sleepers" came through and even though my WR's, TE and QB taken in rounds 2-6 were solid it wasn't enough to make up for the lack of RB production. Since then my strategy is to always go 2 out of my first three picks at RB. Secure the RB position early and use on pick to get a stud WR to anchor the WR position. 

I figure even if one of your two top RB's gets hurt or busts you will likely at least get the other one to be a top 10-12 RB. I then draft WR's in rounds 4-5 and go RB again in round 6-7 to try and get some depth. I pretty much avoid drafting anything other than a WR or RB in rounds 1-6 unless the value at the picks really isn't there (last year I drafted Mahomes in round 3 because none of the receivers I wanted were there.)

I'm old fashioned like that, i enjoyed the engagement aspect of old style FFL, although i've never been a commish (dont want to) but i believe back then we still had software for managing scoring, although scoring was much more simpler back then, i believe it was called NFL commissioner, i'm too lazy to look it up.

and 100% agree, huge gamble to take an RB so late but since i was half in, i thought i'd make myself a challenge.  I grabbed Michael Thomas, Lamar and Amari first 3 and Kittle in r5.  Bell in r7 with Singletary in r10 (focused on pass catching rb's); Lindsey and Gibson are stashed on my bench and i grabbed Fournette 2nd to last round.

i suspect the league is a bunch of casual players as i was awarded a top grade but as you said, based on injuries can change everything and I may need to stay more active than i should.

Looking Towards the Title, Going Deep Locks Up Receiving Talent

Draft Grade

Proj Record

Proj Finish

A+

13-1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I don't think Moss is worth drafting. He's a guy you pick up on the waiver wire if he starts doing well.

And the Bills defense is definately worth drafting.

Of course Bills D, I have them in both leagues.  I was just talking individuals and left off kickers and D.  My bad, should have mentioned Bills D, and even Bass is draftable as kickers are so easy to replace.

But I really like Moss as a drafted player this year.  He's been drafted in every league I am in and every mock I have done, and I only got him in one of my leagues as someone snagged him just before I was going to take him.  

The reason I like Moss is he is likely going to be a TD guy at the very least.  So he should have some flex value compared to other "handcuff" RB's around the league.  Plus, all the talk is it sounds like its going to be a situation where both Devin and Moss get a good amount of touches and I expect a similar situation to Chubbs/Hunt or even DeAngelo/Stewart in Carolina were.  Means, Moss has potential value even without an injury to Devin.  And the final reason is Devin isn't the biggest guy, and already got a little banged up last year.  So if he misses any games, Moss could be a weekly beast until Devin returns.  

I have done 2 drafts so far, and Moss went in round 8 both times.  Got a third one tonight, and expect a similar draft slot for him.  I wouldn't draft him to lean on, but I do like him a lot as a bench RB grab in rounds 8-10.  

I play in a 12 team 2qb PPR league. Allen was gone a few picks before my 5th round selection. I picked 10/12 (snake), so I was doing a little Over-drafting  to get the guys I wanted. Missed Allen and Moss in rounds 5 and 7 respectively by a few picks. Missed Bills D by 4 picks. Got Diggs in round 5 with Allen gone and got Gabe Davis as my last pick flyer. Here’s how my board looks in order of draft picks:

1. Nick Chubb

2. Kenyan Drake

3. Russel Wilson

4. Cooper Kupp

5. Diggs

6. Drew Brees

7. Marvin Jones

8. Mark Ingram

9. Colts D (Bills, 49ers, Ravens, and another D taken in order right beforehand)

10. Baker Mayfield (😑)

11. Austin Hooper

12. Justin Tucker

13. Sony Michel (Hate the Pats but needed someone not 4th in line at RB)

14. Larry Fitzgerald

15. Randall Cobb

16. Chris Thompson

17. Gabe Davis

Went off the board a few times to draft Bills, but a couple times the value and need offered up. I'm over-represented but it's a for-fun league and I want to root for my guys.

#60 - QB - Josh Allen. That's my QB! No stealing him in round 12 like last year. Passed on: Deshaun Watson.

#92 - RB - Zack Moss. Was just hanging around at the top of the board, not getting drafted. Need meet homerism. Passed on: Julian Edelman (spit).

#101 - WR - John Brown. Bring him down. Pull his body to the ground. Passed on: Tom Brady (spit).

#188 - TE - Dawson Knox. Honestly, Greg Olson got snapped 3 picks before, but a nice consolation. Passed on: Jack Doyle.

Notables that got snagged:

#52 Devin Singletary.

#64 Stefon Diggs.

#121 Bills Defense (was gonna use 124).

Undrafted: Beasley, Kroft, Bass.

Edited by Ralonzo

Just finished my second (and last) draft.  Another 10-team 2-QB PPR league.  Took Brown in the 13th and Bass in the 16th.  It's a new league with one keeper so I took a flier on Gabriel Davis with my final (17th) pick.