Which Bills did you draft in fantasy?

All my leagues cancelled due to uncertainty. First time in over 20 years that I don't have a fantasy league. I could have seen taking a flyer on Oliver and may have snagged Edmunds or Tre White depending on value in my IDP league though. I think the offense will be too unpredictable to draft most of them at anything other than deep value.

Only 3 worth drafting IMHO is Allen, Diggs, and Moss.  Brown still has later round value, but I’ve landed Diggs in all my leagues which takes Brown off the board for me.

I faded Singletary.  While I expect him to have a good season for the Bills, that doesn’t translate into good fantasy value where he is being drafted.  Allen and Moss will keep Devin from being a consistent starter in FFL scoring.  Upside is totally capped.  Where as Moss I think has more upside because of his TD capabilities and also Devin is smaller build, so if he gets hurt, Moss value will go way up.  

Brown was great for me last year, and Knox is a potential breakout.  But going into the season I faded Brown because I already have Diggs on all my fantasy teams.  And Knox, well he’s not really getting drafted, so I have taken better FFL options and will monitor Knox on the waiver wire as a potential add.  While I do think Knox will be good for us on the field, I’m not expecting a huge fantasy season from him.  With Devin, Moss and Allen, I think we will have a wicked run game inside the redzone.  So I think Knox TD opportunities will be limited, plus he’s still learning as a receiver.  Not to mention, we have a lot of weapons now.  So I don’t see him as a fantasy football consistent TE like some of the other choices available.  I much prefer potential breakout guys like Herndon, Hurst, etc

Edited by Alphadawg7

32 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

All my leagues cancelled due to uncertainty. First time in over 20 years that I don't have a fantasy league. I could have seen taking a flyer on Oliver and may have snagged Edmunds or Tre White depending on value in my IDP league though. I think the offense will be too unpredictable to draft most of them at anything other than deep value.

My league is drafting later today, we drafted a few days later than we usually do just to avoid as much uncertainty as possible. I honestly did very little research until this weekend just because there is so much volitality.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Only 3 worth drafting IMHO is Allen, Diggs, and Moss.  Brown still has later round value, but I’ve landed Diggs in all my leagues which takes Brown off the board for me.

I faded Singletary.  While I expect him to have a good season for the Bills, that doesn’t translate into good fantasy value where he is being drafted.  Allen and Moss will keep Devin from being a consistent starter in FFL scoring.  Upside is totally capped.  Where as Moss I think has more upside because of his TD capabilities and also Devin is smaller build, so if he gets hurt, Moss value will go way up.  

Brown was great for me last year, and Knox is a potential breakout.  But going into the season I faded Brown because I already have Diggs on all my fantasy teams.  And Knox, well he’s not really getting drafted, so I have taken better FFL options and will monitor Knox on the waiver wire as a potential add.  While I do think Knox will be good for us on the field, I’m not expecting a huge fantasy season from him.  With Devin, Moss and Allen, I think we will have a wicked run game inside the redzone.  So I think Knox TD opportunities will be limited, plus he’s still learning as a receiver.  Not to mention, we have a lot of weapons now.  So I don’t see him as a fantasy football consistent TE like some of the other choices available.  I much prefer potential breakout guys like Herndon, Hurst, etc

I have Singletary as a 6th round value, Diggs as a 5th round value, Moss as a 9th or 10th round value,  Allen as a 9th round value, and Brown as a 10th or 11th value. 

I think Singletary has at worst a similar season to last year but has RB1 upside. I don't see Moss taking that many more snaps than Gore did last year and I see the Bills running more and more effectively.

If you draft Singletary in round 6 or late round 5 and he gives you what he produced last year which was RB2 value that's acceptable value for that pick. But then you have that insane upside at the most premium position.

8 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I have Singletary as a 6th round value, Diggs as a 5th round value, Moss as a 9th or 10th round value,  Allen as a 9th round value, and Brown as a 10th or 11th value. 

I think Singletary has at worst a similar season to last year but has RB1 upside. I don't see Moss taking that many more snaps than Gore did last year and I see the Bills running more and more effectively.

If you draft Singletary in round 6 or late round 5 and he gives you what he produced last year which was RB2 value that's acceptable value for that pick. But then you have that insane upside at the most premium position.

In both my drafts Devin went in 4th or 5th round.  And for me, I don’t like that value.  Personally I went RB, RB, RB in one draft because WR is so deep.  And still ended up with Keenan Allen, Devante Parker, and Stefon Diggs as my top 3 WRs, with Brandon Cooks and Diontae Johnson as backups.  Also have Mark Andrews at TE.  So didn’t need to consider Devin in the mid rounds either. 

So Devin was a fade for me.  Personally, I don’t think Devin will be as good as last year in fantasy.  Moss and Allen really hurt his TD work, and I think Moss is more involved than Gore was last year.  Plus, our passing game should be even better too.

So while I really like Devin the football player, I’m not liking his draft value in fantasy.  Now if Moss got hurt, Devin’s value shoots up considerably and vice versa too.

Edited by Alphadawg7

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I picked up John Brown in the 10th round, 111th pick.  I grabbed Dawson Knox with my last pick.

Singletary went 40th overall in my 12 man league.  Top of the 4th.

Nice, John Brown is someone I'd love to target tomorrow in my draft around 9-11 (14 person league with 2 IDPs). Don't like my chances though, lots of Bills fans.

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

In both my drafts Devin went in 4th or 5th round.  And for me, I don’t like that value.  Personally I went RB, RB, RB in one draft because WR is so deep.  And still ended up with Keenan Allen, Devante Parker, and Stefon Diggs as my top 3 WRs, with Brandon Cooks and Diontae Johnson as backups.  Also have Mark Andrews at TE.  So didn’t need to consider Devin in the mid rounds either. 

So Devin was a fade for me.  Personally, I don’t think Devin will be as good as last year in fantasy.  Moss and Allen really hurt his TD work, and I think Moss is more involved than Gore was last year.  Plus, our passing game should be even better too.

So while I really like Devin the football player, I’m not liking his draft value in fantasy.  Now if Moss got hurt, Devin’s value shoots up considerably and vice versa too.

Mid 5th and higher is the cut off for Devin. I think the earliest you can justify getting him in with the last 2-3 picks of the 5th round. As you mentioned RB isn't the deepest position so by the back end of the 5th getting a RB2 with Rb1 upside is insanely good. 4th is way too high, 5th is where you take him if you really like him. I hold my value with him as a back end 5th rounder or more preferably a 6th rounder. 

Edited by billsfan89
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't think Moss is worth drafting. He's a guy you pick up on the waiver wire if he starts doing well.

And the Bills defense is definately worth drafting.

22 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

Mid 5th and higher is the cut off for Devin. I think the earliest you can justify getting him in with the last 2-3 picks of the 5th round. As you mentioned RB isn't the deepest position so by the back end of the 5th getting a RB2 with Rb1 upside is insanely good. 4th is way too high, 5th is where you take him if you really like him. I hold my value with him as a back end 5th rounder or more preferably a 6th rounder. 

Yeah, I don't think any Bills player should be drafted before round 5. If you are drafting with other Bills fans let them reach on Bills players and the better players will fall to you.

I don't actually play with any other Bills fans so I can usually get them deep in the draft for good value.

17 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, I don't think any Bills player should be drafted before round 5. If you are drafting with other Bills fans let them reach on Bills players and the better players will fall to you.

I don't actually play with any other Bills fans so I can usually get them deep in the draft for good value.

Unfortunately I didn't get Diggs as I got greedy and hoped to get him a few picks later and he got taken two picks before my round 5 selection (got Keenan Allen instead not too shabby.) Same thing happened in round 6 with Singletary he got taken 2 picks ahead of me so I took Devante Parker instead. I went RB, RB, and RB in my first three picks (Zeke at pick 3, and then Josh Jacobs and Chris Carson) so I didn't need an RB necessarily but as a late 6th I was hoping to secure some depth with Singletary. But considering I was weaker at receiver (Cooper Kupp and Keenan Allen were my only receivers at that point) nabbing a solid WR2 like Parker late in the 6th wasn't too shabby. 

Josh Allen was taken fairly high as he was the last pick of the 7th. I was considering taking him with the third pick in round 9 had he fallen but he got take way earlier than I expected. Bills defense also got drafted with pick 1 of round 10 by the same guy (who is a Giants fan.) So my hopes of snagging one of those two were dashed by them being reached on. I ended up taking Chicago towards the back end of round 12 and getting Carson Wentz with the pick that I slated for Josh. 

I got Allen & Moss.

CBS rankings had Bills-D ranked #23, so I thought I could wait until the 2nd to last round. Some dumbass took them as a 2nd Defense right before my pick, had to take Titans-D.