NFL Practice Squad Tracker

ColoradoBills

2 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

I thought the bills may put Wade on the standard PS instead of exempt so he could be called up. If he hasn't gotten it after a full season and another training camp I don't see the point 

I felt the same way but it's almost certain that Beane and McDermott talked to him about his options so...............it could be what he wants.

It does give the bills overseas exposure/fans to keep him and that's kind of what it's all about.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

he goes through waivers just like everyone else when we cut for the 53. The protection is a special spot on the PS where he can't be taken or promoted from but he still has to clear waivers to get there.

Right. But once he's on the list no one can touch him, unlike regular PS players. So to say no one wanted him could be true, but his availability was limited.

2 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Do we have info on this? All we know is he did not make the Bills 53 and Packers claimed him. Bills may have wanted him on the PS - but Packers claiming him made that moot, no?

We're talking about Tanzel Smart. 

If you mean Robert Foster, he was signed to the Packers practice squad.  The Packers did not claim him off waivers.  The only Bill claimed off Waivers was Vincent Taylor.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Right. But once he's on the list no one can touch him, unlike regular PS players. So to say no one wanted him could be true, but his availability was limited.

Right, now that he's their no one can take him, but they all could of before he was put there.

3 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

he goes through waivers just like everyone else when we cut for the 53. The protection is a special spot on the PS where he can't be taken or promoted from but he still has to clear waivers to get there.

thats what I thought. The Bills had to waive him and if he passes through, they can sign him to the PS and give him the international exemption.

This was debated over and over last offseason when everyone thought he had to make the roster because teams would poach him if he wasn't because of his one run in the preseason.

Also I believe only the Bills could get the international exemption for him and any other team claiming him on waivers would have to use a regualr PS spot for him oif they wanted to put him there.

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

thats what I thought. The Bills had to waive him and if he passes through, they can sign him to the PS and give him the international exemption.

This was debated over and over last offseason when everyone thought he had to make the roster because teams would poach him if he wasn't because of his one run in the preseason.

Also I believe only the Bills could get the international exemption for him and any other team claiming him on waivers would have to use a regualr PS spot for him oif they wanted to put him there.

If they claimed him off of waivers they'd have to sign him to their 53.

Just now, Warcodered said:

Right, now that he's their no one can take him, but they all could of before he was put there.

Highly likely but not necessarily. He could have decided that he wanted to be a Bill. We basically resigned 15 our own players. Did any of those players have offers from other teams? We'll never know.

7 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Do we have info on this? All we know is he did not make the Bills 53 and Packers claimed him. Bills may have wanted him on the PS - but Packers claiming him made that moot, no?

He was not claimed of waivers.  He was signed to the practice squad.  The Bills were done with him I believe.  

12 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Wade has no experience playing American Football. He played Rugby and is looking to convert over.

Other NFL teams have had the chance to sign him when the Bills release him to put him on the PS and no one has

He was a star rugby player. He has four preseason games, and a year on the PS. He's also 29. If his dream is to play in the NFL, that window is certainly closing. By accepting the special designation, he commits to not playing in a real game for another year. I would imagine he at least considered turning down that designation.

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bills had to put him on waivers to sign him to the PS and use their special exemption, when placed on waivers, every single team in the league had a chance to claim him.

A team could also sign him to their own PS (without the protection exemption) once he had cleared waivers if he really didn't want to go into the protected position spot on the Bills PS.

He has 1 year of American Football experience.............

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Highly likely but not necessarily. He could have decided that he wanted to be a Bill. We basically resigned 15 our own players. Did any of those players have offers from other teams? We'll never know.

So instead of being on another teams 53 he chose to be on a special PS spot where he can't be promoted to the 53 of any team just to stay with the Bills?

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

If they claimed him off of waivers they'd have to sign him to their 53.

I know, and once he clears waivers, he also had the chance to negotiate with any other team in the league to sign to their PS without the exemption if teams were really interested in using a regular PS spot on him.

50 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Found this rather interesting article stating our new PS WR Jake Kumerow was a favorite of Aaron Rodgers and he was openly campaigning for him to get more opportunities and be on their 53. So weird. They have a diety at QB and they've just been going against his wishes whenever they can.

https://fansided.com/2020/09/05/packers-cut-jake-kumerow-aaron-rodgers-backing/

Kumerow not signed to the practice squad yet - anyone know what's up with that?

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think so too.

I can imagine what the Packers see in Foster. With the decline of Allen's deep ball last season, he was almost a no-show on our offense. They could still see potential in him as a deep threat for Rodgers. He still has the speed.

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Kumerow not signed to the practice squad yet - anyone know what's up with that?

Passing Covid-19 protocols?

So after all the dust has "almost" settled this is how I see everything.

1.  From the Bills original roster the 2 players gone are Vincent Taylor and Robert Foster.

2.  Bills rumored to be acquiring Kumerow and Slayton.

3.  2 players are going to be needed to fill the IR designations.  Could there be more going to IR we just don't know yet.

4.  Marlowe and Roberts rumored to replace 2 IR slots.

It seems to me Beane and McDermott are happy with what they got and should field a team that is already acclimated to each other.

My next question will be how they handle the PS "call up" options.  That could be fun to watch especially after guys start getting nicked up.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rocky Landing said:

I can imagine what the Packers see in Foster. With the decline of Allen's deep ball last season, he was almost a no-show on our offense. They could still see potential in him as a deep threat for Rodgers. He still has the speed.

Foster simply can not seem to track a deep ball in the air and adjust to it. 

That can work for a Dome Team with a consistent QB.  In Orchard Park or on the Frozen Tundra, Not So Much.

I was hoping his tracking ability and his hands would improve.  Davis and Diggs seemed to be catching everything thrown their way, Foster not so much.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

So after all the dust has "almost" settled this is how I see everything.

1.  From the Bills original roster the 2 players gone are Vincent Taylor and Robert Foster.

2.  Bills rumored to be acquiring Kumerow and Slayton.

3.  2 players are going to be needed to fill the IR designations.  Could there be more going to IR we just don't know yet.

4.  Marlowe and Roberts rumored to replace 2 IR slots.

It seems to me Beane and McDermott are happy with what they got and should field a team that is already acclimated to each other.

My next question will be how they handle the PS "call up" options.  That could be fun to watch especially after guys start getting nicked up.

Great post.

I really like the roster, from top to bottom.

The practice squad has quite a few guys that may end up seeing active duty this year. Cam Lewis, Dane Jackson, Bryan Cox, Evan Boehm, and Duke Williams, just to name a few. 

In the event of COVID infections or injuries, the Bills have a nice squad of players to pull from.

They also have a few long-term "upside" investments on either the active roster or the practice squad, like Trey Adams, Darryl Johnson, and Jake Fromm.