NFL Practice Squad Tracker

ColoradoBills

On 9/8/2020 at 3:41 PM, Doc said:

Fair enough and maybe I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion.  I just have not heard anything, much less good, about that Justin Zimmer kid who they put on the PS, or even a handful of other players they put on the PS, whereas I heard Smart did well in the scrimmage.  And there were 17 PS spots so you could add just about anybody.  Which led me to believe it was something personal.

But where did you hear your info from? Maybe media guys thought Smart did well and Zimmer didn't, but it appears Beane and McDermott thought otherwise because he is one of the 4 protected players on the PS this week for the Bills. Sometimes the fans or media might think someone looks better, but the coaches and management think differently because they know what was asked of the player and what they want to see from them. (Just as an example, people might watch a RB and think he isn't doing well because he keeps running up the middle and not breaking off long runs or going outside. Meanwhile it could be because the coaches asked him to keep doing that because they want them to work on that and wants the defence to practice that.) Also, maybe he looked good because he was doing something that fans feel is important (like getting pressure/sacks) but is not doing what they need from him stopping the run and that's what they feel they need to do more.

10 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

But where did you hear your info from? Maybe media guys thought Smart did well and Zimmer didn't, but it appears Beane and McDermott thought otherwise because he is one of the 4 protected players on the PS this week for the Bills. Sometimes the fans or media might think someone looks better, but the coaches and management think differently because they know what was asked of the player and what they want to see from them. (Just as an example, people might watch a RB and think he isn't doing well because he keeps running up the middle and not breaking off long runs or going outside. Meanwhile it could be because the coaches asked him to keep doing that because they want them to work on that and wants the defence to practice that.) Also, maybe he looked good because he was doing something that fans feel is important (like getting pressure/sacks) but is not doing what they need from him stopping the run and that's what they feel they need to do more.

No info, just based on hearing more about Smart than most of the other guys they added to the PS.  All academic now since the Browns signed him to their PS.

On 9/11/2020 at 8:58 PM, Mij yllek said:

Duuuke! 😁👍

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

• SDS unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...