NFL Practice Squad Tracker

ColoradoBills

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I looked back at all the reports and it appears it was the Bills decision to not sign him to their PS

He must have gone off on them when they said he wasn't going to make the active roster and that sealed his fate.  

3 hours ago, Doc said:

He must have gone off on them when they said he wasn't going to make the active roster and that sealed his fate.  

I’m not sure that you are aware, but the “Jump to Conclusions Mat“ was the worst idea ever. A horrible idea

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’m not sure that you are aware, but the “Jump to Conclusions Mat“ was the worst idea ever. A horrible idea

I can't see any other reason for them not putting him on the PS.  I'd have put him on there over the other DT they signed along with him.

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

I can't see any other reason for them not putting him on the PS.  I'd have put him on there over the other DT they signed along with him.

Not sure I really get this.  Do you know what the Bills staff really thought of these guys or what they were looking for in a PS DT?  

Maybe Smart said something, but just looking at him as a highly religious person - I would doubt it.  I would more hazard a guess they were looking for a more stout run stopper on the DL - more along the lines of Slayton who they are bringing in.

I heard good things about Smart also, but in the end they can only keep so many and my guess is it was more about the Bills allowing him to leave rather than Smart saying something and causing him to get cut.  I think if Vincent Taylor had not been claimed - neither guy makes the PS, but with Taylor getting claimed maybe the Bills decide size was more important.

I would just be really hesitant to assume that Smart acted out and it “sealed his fate”.  Just does not seem in character.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Not sure I really get this.  Do you know what the Bills staff really thought of these guys or what they were looking for in a PS DT?  

Maybe Smart said something, but just looking at him as a highly religious person - I would doubt it.  I would more hazard a guess they were looking for a more stout run stopper on the DL - more along the lines of Slayton who they are bringing in.

I heard good things about Smart also, but in the end they can only keep so many and my guess is it was more about the Bills allowing him to leave rather than Smart saying something and causing him to get cut.  I think if Vincent Taylor had not been claimed - neither guy makes the PS, but with Taylor getting claimed maybe the Bills decide size was more important.

I would just be really hesitant to assume that Smart acted out and it “sealed his fate”.  Just does not seem in character.

Do you realize l had to jump 8 posts back to find out what player you guys were taking about?

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Fair enough and maybe I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion.  I just have not heard anything, much less good, about that Justin Zimmer kid who they put on the PS, or even a handful of other players they put on the PS, whereas I heard Smart did well in the scrimmage.  And there were 17 PS spots so you could add just about anybody.  Which led me to believe it was something personal.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Interesting - so they went TE and OL with the cuts.  Can’t say I am shocked.  We will see how long it goes.  

I imagine that Beane is going to be active with the PS - would not be surprised if once these 2 new guys are up to speed - do they bring in others?

Each week, every NFL teams gets to protect four of their practice squad players from being able to sign contracts with other clubs. Those players must be declared by 4 p.m. on Tuesday.

This week, the Bills have chosen to protect cornerbacks Dane Jackson and Cam Lewis, as well as defensive tackle Justin Zimmer and offensive lineman Evan Boehm.

https://www.radio.com/wgr550/sports/bills/bills-add-receiver-jake-kumerow-to-the-practice-squad

On 9/8/2020 at 6:56 PM, Rochesterfan said:

Interesting - so they went TE and OL with the cuts.  Can’t say I am shocked.  We will see how long it goes.  

I imagine that Beane is going to be active with the PS - would not be surprised if once these 2 new guys are up to speed - do they bring in others?

Im a bit surprised they kept Croom over Becker

• Like (+1) 1