NFL Practice Squad Tracker

ColoradoBills

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Hubby was just telling me Jake Kumerow's father, Eric, was the big star QB at his high school (he was a few years ahead of Hubby) in the Chicago area.  I asked Hubby, "quarterback!?" and he said, "yes." (Eric Kumerow later played LB/DE in the NFL.)  Eric's grandfather (Jake's great-grandfather) was a Chicago area ... ummm ... mobster.

Jake, Welcome to the Billsmsfia. 

• Haha (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do the Bills get their conditional pick back for Andre Smith since they cut him and then placed him on the practice squad?

Yes.

One more thing about Wade. Signing to Bills PS guarantees he'll be at camp next year. 

53 minutes ago, MJS said:

Do the Bills get their conditional pick back for Andre Smith since they cut him and then placed him on the practice squad?

28 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Yes.

Do you have a source for this?

I have not seen the conditions that were agreed to.  

If it was snap or plays based as a Buffalo Bill - the conditions might still be met and they would still get the pick.

If the condition was making the initial roster (typical) then yes the Bills would get their pick back.

I have been looking, but have not seen a tweet on the conditions of the pick.

1 hour ago, apuszczalowski said:

Why would that affect them signing the player though?

Other teams have signed players from other teams to their PS

This would only affect the player being able to join the team at the teams facility for Practice.

Because this regime is the type to not announce anything until all the 'i's' are dotted and the 't's' are crossed and they get them in the building for a physical. They've been even more so overly cautious during COVID. The entire world knew Brian Winters was coming to Buffalo. But Beane refused to call it a done deal in radio interviews for close to a week until they did all their COVID protocols. Other teams are less conservative and don't mind if they have to announce later that it fell through.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

23 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Because this regime is the type to not announce anything until all the 'i's' are dotted and the 't's' are crossed and they get them in the building for a physical. They've been even more so overly cautious during COVID. The entire world knew Brian Winters was coming to Buffalo. But Beane refused to call it a done deal in radio interviews for close to a week until they did all their COVID protocols. Other teams are less conservative and don't mind if they have to announce later that it fell through.

Plus it allows them to sign 2 additional players and get them some info and planning in case either deal falls through.

My guess is this impacts Duke Williams as a PS player.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CSBill said:

I read somewhere on this board that beyond their top two, the Pack's receiving group was terrible. Hmmm?

Kumerow isn't going to become a star, but he's big and dependable, and can block.  He's 6'4 1/2" and runs a 4.54, not too bad for a big guy.  And he's a process guy all the way.   He has played in and started a few games.  You can do a lot worse for a practice squad player.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

As I understand it, after Foster cleared waivers, he was free to sign on to the practice squad of any team that wanted him.  It's certainly possible that the Bills didn't want him.  It's also possible that both the Bills and GB wanted him, but he felt he would have a better chance of being later elevated to the 53 on the Packers rather than the Bills.  With 2 of this year's WR draftees kept on the Bills' 53 while he was cut, I could understand Foster thinking he would have better future opportunities elsewhere.

Of course that’s possible.   Perhaps we will find out if the Bills had any continuing interest and perhaps not.  I tend to think not.  This is his third kick at the can with the Bills.  He was awful last year, after some promising signs the year before.  He apparently did nothing to convince the Bills he was worth another year of development.  

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I’m starting to think GB really wants Aaron Rodgers to leave.  Started with the team releasing Jordy Nelson.  Then, he was tight with AVP and the Pack replaced him as OC.  Two drafts followed with no WRs picked.  Only free agent WR signed was Funchess, who then opted out.  Now, Rodgers publicly says Kumerow is one of their top 4 WRs and he gets released.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yes.

One more thing about Wade. Signing to Bills PS guarantees he'll be at camp next year. 

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

Do you have a source for this?

I have not seen the conditions that were agreed to.  

If it was snap or plays based as a Buffalo Bill - the conditions might still be met and they would still get the pick.

If the condition was making the initial roster (typical) then yes the Bills would get their pick back.

I have been looking, but have not seen a tweet on the conditions of the pick.

Very shrewd move by Beane, if so.

20 minutes ago, ColeB said:

I’m starting to think GB really wants Aaron Rodgers to leave.  Started with the team releasing Jordy Nelson.  Then, he was tight with AVP and the Pack replaced him as OC.  Two drafts followed with no WRs picked.  Only free agent WR signed was Funchess, who then opted out.  Now, Rodgers publicly says Kumerow is one of their top 4 WRs and he gets released.

There's your backup QB upgrade. Use Kumerow to lure Rodgers. Beane, you know that to do.

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed free-agent quarterback Josh Rosen to their practice squad, a source confirmed to ESPN.

Rosen joins his third team in as many seasons.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29825289/source-tampa-bay-buccaneers-sign-qb-josh-rosen-practice-squad

Watch our Tommy

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have signed free-agent quarterback Josh Rosen to their practice squad, a source confirmed to ESPN.

Rosen joins his third team in as many seasons.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29825289/source-tampa-bay-buccaneers-sign-qb-josh-rosen-practice-squad

Watch our Tommy

We dodged a bullet on that one

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Anyone have a summary of the finalist to date.  Not saying all 16, but a list of the people signed to this time.  Being lazy not wanting to look through 7 pages of this thread.  I went through a couple of pages and if someone has the list, we can just respond and add to it as they add more people.

• Like (+1) 1