THE ROCKPILE REVIEW - Ready to Go

Shaw66

Nail on the head! Excellent read Shaw66. It’s going to be great watching this season unfold in front us. 

Go Bills!!!

Always enjoyable to read Shaw's post, used to read them on the other board way back. Keep up the good work Shaw.

I hope we hear from Bill from NY this year also---last I knew he was having some health problems & didn't post much---hope he's still around & can chime in this year.

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

There's no question we are peaking on and off the field. If we win it all it will be viewed as an asterisk year. I expect exhibition quality football for much of the season and am not taking this season's results the least bit seriously 

Unless Covid messes up the season, i think by November it will be good competitive football.  Serious athletes going at it. Playoffs should be the same as any season. It won't be an asterisk Lombardi. 

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, stuvian said:

There's no question we are peaking on and off the field. If we win it all it will be viewed as an asterisk year. I expect exhibition quality football for much of the season and am not taking this season's results the least bit seriously 

I agree about the asterisk....the Bills are losing one of the best home field advantages in the league. Zero fans from one of the TOP fan bases. It will be an even greater accomplishment! 

GO BILLS!!! 

• Like (+1) 1

Great as always Shaw. This season will be particularly tough on rookies and teams with many roster moves. This is a big advantage for us, our team had continuity, Diggs will outperform any rookie by a mile, our oline is the same. I'm concerned about our punter, mediocre at best, can cost us field position. Maybe this is the year, Allen is still on rookie contract, we have to hurry up. Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Great read.  As a lifelong Bills fan who has not lived in in the city in a long time, I really appreciate the optimism of your article tempered with a few "ifs".  Like you, I believe that the season hinges on the offense more than the defense.  And also that the offense will only be as good/excellent as Josh Allen is.  If he's the 60% guy who can't get them over the top and to the final game, then we need to rebuild with a new guy.   And that will take a few more years.  Now it the time.  

Thanks @Shaw66

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, inthebuff said:

If he's the 60% guy who can't get them over the top and to the final game, then we need to rebuild with a new guy.   And that will take a few more years.  Now it the time.  

Thanks @Shaw66

Allen will be a star in the NFL.  The only question is how long will it take to get there. He has all the ingredients.  Size, arm, body.  The Broncos waited nine years for Elway, then won two Super Bowls.  

• Like (+1) 1

Good post Shaw.

It's nice to have football and "The Rockpile Review" back.

Such a weird feeling as we start this year. We usually have preseason and a lot more TC to wet our palettes. Thursday when the season kicks off I think will be a welcome shock to everyone's system.

As for Buffalo, it's strange to say that anything short of winning at least 1 playoff game this year will be disappointing.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Good post Shaw.

It's nice to have football and "The Rockpile Review" back.

Such a weird feeling as we start this year. We usually have preseason and a lot more TC to wet our palettes. Thursday when the season kicks off I think will be a welcome shock to everyone's system.

As for Buffalo, it's strange to say that anything short of winning at least 1 playoff game this year will be disappointing.

I'm really excited for Thursday night.  Real, live, football.  

I'm worried that I've gotten myself overboard with my expectations. When the reL games start, its going to be as tough as everyone win.  And the Pats will be good.  

Great job as always.  You hit on alot of the finer points that makes Buffalo a Super Bowl contender.  The team is not one of those start ups that "win" the offseason.  Over 20 years we have seen in the past.  Where areas of the team are ready and other parts of the team/organization are not.  Every aspect of the franchise is there. 

Last season, crunch time the offense couldnt beat man to man.  Diggs helps solve that issue.  Last season doubling Brown, pressing Beasley was easy to figure out.  Ne and Baltimore were good enough outside to press 0 blitz when it counted.  Diggs makes teams second guess the later.  Having a guy who has and wants to make the big time catches is huge.  Having a guy who can take a hitch, a slant, a screen 50 yards is another element the offense has lack for years.  

Ive been an Allen guy since the start.  I think he takes a jump in play and is a darkhorse for MVP.  Buffalo plays big time primetime games.  Ofcourse, there are ifs but here is the case.  Win the division for the first time since 95.  Buffalo is still a favorite.  Increase in yards and Tds.  I think with Diggs those are possible outcomes.  Lastly, there are 4 primetime spots where Allen can have a moment.  Maybe not out Duel Mahomes but plays close.  Other games show some 4th quarter heroics hes done the last 2 years.  Some are big ifs but I see a pretty clear path to make it possible, and I dont think any of those are improbable.