Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

The reason I don’t think it’s ok to dog them when they almost beat us is because we had so few reps together when we played them last year. I don’t know that they were much better than us in terms of continuity at that point but I do know we are much better there.   So yeah they almost beat us back then but we have progressed so much since then and they have sorta spin their wheels or gone backwards. 

It can happen again. Not likely but it can happen. I don’t even know who their kicker is this year but I won’t bet on a missed fg

As with every team in the NFL, the Jets have some talent. Sam Darnold was at one point in contention to be the first overall pick in the draft. He clearly has talent. To what pedigree he will achieve in the NFL? I don't know. He has tools in the running game that should allow him to utilize the Play Action. Im discouraged by our lack of depth at  CB. It can and will be exploited this season. The success of the defense lies under the improvement of players such as Levi Wallace. If the Jets were to cause our defense a problem, it will be through the utilization of the play action offense. I expect the Jets running game to be established early, and for them to attempt to wear the defense out by holding the ball for long sustained drives. I think the Bills would benefit by playing a zone Blitz instead of their traditional Man Coverage Scheme. This is a game that the Bills should win based off talent alone... that being said, I think thats the first time I've ever said that about a Bills team so we will see if this offense is the real deal. Will Dabboll let Josh Allen be Josh Allen? Or are we going to see 13 yard passes the entire game? This Jets team is angry. I predict a 3 point Bills Win. 

Edited by rpcatty

On 9/11/2020 at 5:13 PM, whatdrought said:

I don't understand where this narrative that Norman is a huge upgrade over Wallace is coming from... We haven't seen anything in Camp to suggest as much and Norman has not played well the past few years. 

He (Josh Norman) has one of the highest QB ratings against his coverage in the NFL.  Statistically, he's awful.

5 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Jesus, Florio. Picking the Jets AND the over?!

That's the least-analytical take I've ever seen. He doesn't have a shred of support for these positions, minus emotional/intangible assumptions (which I don't even agree with on that level, either). 

Doesn't mean he's wrong. The Jets COULD catch the Bills by surprise. It's a divisional game; anything can happen. 

But...it's just arbitrary and probably even insincere. There's money for pundits/networks in broadcasting garbage takes.

This is exactly why I want the Bills to make a statement this game and DESTROY the jests ,

he’s not the only one to make this prediction!!

GO Bills !!

Bills - 31

jests - 6

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chemical said:

It can happen again. Not likely but it can happen. I don’t even know who their kicker is this year but I won’t bet on a missed fg

I think 4 TO is unlikely. That was one ironed out in the first half of the season. That game is very different if we don’t give them the rock 4 time. But yeah the missed FGs was why we could withstand that many TOS. 

15 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Thank God! Too many crummy weather games last year killed the passing game. 

I know most stadiums have good drainage and I assume we do too.  It’ll still be a little wet but should have standing water anywhere.  Maybe after halftime it’s completely dry....I think the sun is supposed to make an appearance later.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Billzfan37 said:

He (Josh Norman) has one of the highest QB ratings against his coverage in the NFL.  Statistically, he's awful.

What were those statistics when he was at Carolina? His All Pro years... I’m just curious.

I think people are just hoping he can get 1 more solid season in a system he excelled in. Especially after hearing Washington’s defense wasn’t best suited for his ability... 

Im just assuming that’s what fans are hoping for, nothing wrong with that.

• SDS unpinned this topic