Week 1: Jets at Bills (-6.5)

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, Success said:

With the way our schedule looks, this already looks like a must win.

Can't wait, though.  This is the team I've been waiting a couple of decades for. I'm most excited to see our new franchise QB with (finally) a full contingent of great weapons.  I think the right Josh is gonna tear up the league this year...

It's a tough schedule you got to win the ones that you should win.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Chemical said:

ok so you don’t like my point. Got it. 

It’s hypocritical to “dog” on a team when you could have easily lost to them. Yeah, the Bills came back and won by a point in last year’s opener, but I didn’t know that good teams know how to make the opposing kicker miss. 

it’s very possible the Jets are being undersold, just because some are picking them to win as few as 3 games. I could see them going 8-8 with the division games being such question marks. 

The reason I don’t think it’s ok to dog them when they almost beat us is because we had so few reps together when we played them last year. I don’t know that they were much better than us in terms of continuity at that point but I do know we are much better there.   So yeah they almost beat us back then but we have progressed so much since then and they have sorta spin their wheels or gone backwards. 

9 hours ago, whatdrought said:

That feels more devistating. We go 75 to Diggs on the first play then come back and go balanced attack for 10/80 and 7 minutes and 7. 14-0 and the jets have barely touched the ball. 

Then a pick six by Tre on the next drive and McD can personally deliver Gase’s pink slip. 

Man I'm trying to not drink too much tomorrow because I have to work Sunday. But if we are beating the Jets that bad, it's gonna be so hard not to pound them. 

Are we really sure we want Gase terminated? I mean he's like a guaranteed win for McDermott 2 times a season. Nice way to pad our playoff seeding. 

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jesus, Florio. Picking the Jets AND the over?!

That's the least-analytical take I've ever seen. He doesn't have a shred of support for these positions, minus emotional/intangible assumptions (which I don't even agree with on that level, either). 

Doesn't mean he's wrong. The Jets COULD catch the Bills by surprise. It's a divisional game; anything can happen. 

But...it's just arbitrary and probably even insincere. There's money for pundits/networks in broadcasting garbage takes.

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

The read-option nature (defensive version) of that double-A gap pressure look is fascinating: it really mirrors what offenses have been doing, schematically. 

I'll bet it's similar to what the Bills do with their safeties, too. I remember Belichick praising their ability (Poyer and Hyde, specifically) to mask coverages by lining up out of position pre-snap, and then covering very different responsibilities post-snap.

Many of us draw easy comparisons between Milano and Edmunds with the Bills now, and Thomas Davis and Luke Keuchly from the Panthers' glory years. It's a natural, if not optimistic, projection. But where we might be underselling the Bills current D, is when we don't COMBINE (and multiply) the potential of Milano and Edmunds WITH the proven mastery of Poyer and Hide. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Well folks..it’s been my 8 year annual tradition to re-watch the 2011 week 3 comeback win over the patriots when I go to bed the night before week 1.  

This year, I’m gonna change it up. Tonight it’s the wild card loss to the Texans. I haven’t watched a single clip from the game since that fateful day.  Hopefully I don’t punch a hole in the wall again.  BUT, i firmly billieve it’ll be the game we look back on as the turning point of this franchise.  Cheers fellas.  Gonna be a fun year. 🍻

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rochesterian Bills Fan said:

So damn close to kick off. I want a big win but anxious as Hell over a possible loss. It may sound melodramatic but a loss to this Jets team in week one would signal to me the Bills probably aren't going to take the step forward we all want.

• Haha (+1) 1